Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:40 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Woah, CC just played a teaser for next week's South Park already!

It was Jersey Shore meets zombie apocalypse.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:42 pm Offline
Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 am7
Yeah, I'm not sure what that one guy up there watched, because I thought that was a great episode! I was hoping to see Darryl Weathers and the rest of the "took my job" guys, but still a great start to another great season.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:42 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
nwt000 wrote:
I never thought a Cartman and Butters episode could be so funny.

Remember Super Fun Time? That was also a great Cartman/Butters episode too :)
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:45 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
triplemultiplex wrote:

Yeah, weird. Unfortunatly it looks horrible...

Anyways, this was the most I've laughed at South Park in a long time.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:48 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
I liked this... it had Kenny, after all! Yeah, it had plenty of funny moments, which is the number one priority for any episode, but Kenny was awesome throughout. More awesome than we have seen him for a very, very long time. He survived it too!

So who shared Kenny's reaction to Cartman getting his own car? :lol: That wasn't exactly one of the funny moments, but for some reason I just started laughing...
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:51 pm Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm23
triplemultiplex wrote:

Yeah, looked funny. Gonna be a Randy/Stan ep. more than likely. Think it will be funny to see a few Jersey Shore people shot down.

Anyways, I had low expectations for this episode, but it turned out great. There was alot going on, but it all seemed to work. Pretty sweet. Can't wait til next week.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
triplemultiplex wrote:

Which characters were in the teaser? Also, there are already two other zombie episodes, Pinkeye and Night of the Living Homeless.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 7:59 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
It was Randy in front of a map of the US saying how the "Jersey Shore now extends west of the Mississippi" or something; then there was a shot of a bunch of zombie-like Jersey Shore characters advancing toward camera in a street.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 8:01 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
LOL This episode was hilarious to me! >w< I thought everyone on here would hate this episode for its lack of message (besides the message that Cartman's retarded...) and I would be the only one to like it... Horrah that others enjoyed it, too!!! :D And Kenny was in it! Awesome.

Cartman's actions have taught me two valuable lessons:
1.Don't consume vagisil.
2.Don't EVER go to a Nascar race; you'll DIE

I wonder what the next new episodes will be about...
Last edited by Hydroleaf on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 8:05 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Hydroleaf wrote:
LOL This episode was hilarious to me! >w< I thought everyone on here would hate this episode for its lack of message (besides the message that Cartman's retarded...) and I would be the only one to like it... Horrah that others enjoyed it, too!!! :D And Kenny was in it! Awesome.

Cartman's actions have taught me two valuable lessons:
1.Don't consume vagisil.
2.Don't EVER go to a Nascar race; you'll DIE

I wonder what the next new episodes will be about...

I've been to more than 10 NASCAR races and have not died. The first crash Cartman had was pretty similar to this crash: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYyfN-a55w0
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 8:37 pm Offline
Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm30
I don't know. It seemed like this episode was too obvious in its jokes. Yes, Nascar is mostly watched by rednecks. So what? Of the Cartman-Butters episodes, this felt the weakest. The writing just seemed lazy. 4/10. Oh well, we'll see how next week goes.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 9:22 pm Offline
Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:05 pm16
Pretty awesome in the beginning (aside from the whole "Cartman shamefully wants to be a Nascar driver" which doesn't seem like him at all in the first place... to me, at least), an awesome Butters line ("I helped the needy!"), the beard on the Vagisil guy, the first few times he referred to his wife, the Cartman and Kenny interaction... totally cool stuff. The rest? Repetitive and came from a mile away. They never know when to stop beating that dead horse, do they? And, oh, wow, they're using Maya now for things Maya was actually made for (I mean, I know they've done it before but at least in a way that wasn't so distracting... did they want to make some seeeewper keeeewl Nascar cars and not care about making a good story or point that anyone really cares about anymore?).

I give it a generous 5/10. But that's because I love this show and even though I keep wishing someone would pull the plug on it so that there aren't any more episodes like this, I want it to succeed. So yeah. I hope next week's episode is good (but after hearing what it's about I want to hide in a corner and weep for a while).
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 9:23 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
I was kinda meh on this one as well.

I liked Angry Kenny, I loved the Vagisil part(s)! :lol:
Cartman was just Cartman, and of course Butters.

But idk. Nascar just didn't thrill me. The poor and stupid part was just Cartman's lame ass excuse and to me it was overplayed.

Sure they did PTI before Woody Paige and ATH :roll:
Kinda ironic that I might have a chance to Meet Wilborn while I'm out here, we'll see! :P

I'd say 7.2/10
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 9:27 pm Offline
Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 pm3
What's the song that plays when Cartman is driving the second time? it's awesome!...

not La Grange, the other one.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 9:35 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
mo303564 wrote:
The poor and stupid part was just Cartman's lame ass excuse and to me it was overplayed.

That's how South Park rolls nowadays. Random humor is pretty much gone. Entire episodes are typically devoted to 500 different derivatives of the same one or two jokes or scenarios.

It wasn't a bad episode at all. I got a few laughs out of it. I'd give it a 7/10. But that's compared to any post-season 5 episode. I kept thinking, and hoping, Kenny would take off his hood just once, albeit briefly. I'm very glad he actually played a major role in a recent episode. They seriously need to do more with him, and less with the Buttman pair.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next