Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 9:49 pm Offline
Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:05 pm16
Niels0827 wrote:
I'm very glad he actually played a major role in a recent episode. They seriously need to do more with him, and less with the Buttman pair.

I agree! I mean, dude, just because he can only speak in muffled words (which I guess is their excuse for not having him as a main character in an episode much) doesn't mean there's not a lot more that they can do with him. Case in point: this episode.

...although he kind of just came off like a poor Kyle to me this time while he was bitching about Cartman's poor people bashing (ala Kyle with Cartman's Jew bashing). D:

Oh! And by the way, was that podcast clip with Cartman dipping Vagisil supposed to be parodying those gross guys on Youtube who whine and gripe and dip the tobaccky? If it was... that was actually pretty great. Even if it did feel like a tacked on joke. And just brought back cringe-worthy thoughts about how nasty those guys are.
Last edited by mazamataz on Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 9:55 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Well, besides being a retarded fatass, Cartman has now developed three small sparkling-clean vaginas in his stomach, which are there to stay, most likely. And the body count, of course. With this episode, he's become one of the most efficient killers in the history of South Park, without even noticing what he was doing all the way.

While not bad for a mid-season opener, this one wasn't quite on par with the other Butters/Cartman misadventures. From the first impression, I would only compare it to "The China Problem." Yeah, these two eps seem to have many similarities. Although I was expecting something more (from a Butters/Cartman plot), given the fact it was also a NASCAR parody, it hasn't turned out nearly as horrible as it could've been.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 10:04 pm Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
This episode has a lot of shock value and hilarious scene :lol: I enjoy Cartman being so stupid and pretend to be poor while Kenny gets upset about it. At first, I thought Kenny was going to die when Cartman stopped his NASCAR in breaks, but he survive throughout the episode. Also, it was disgusting when Cartman ate that Vagisil stuff :parishilton:. It was a nice, thrilling Cartman/Butters episode since Super Fun Time :lol:

10/10 great episode!
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 10:11 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
I also give it a 10/10.

Although I do want to see it again. First impressions, with Kyle and Stan at the beginning at Cartman's locker at school, then no more Kyle or Stan for the entire episode :o

The Cartman/Butters with a side of Kenny was a combo I don't think I've ever seen before :)

Kenny was a one man show trying to stop Cartman. I liked the rifle Kenny got his hands on that was confiscated at the gate, but he may buy one in the gift shop. Poor and Stupid :lol:

The episode had a good format, it flowed, and I was laughing so much I will have to see it again to see what I missed.

Good opener to Season 14b :D
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 10:14 pm Offline
Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:08 pm1
weird ,,, why cant i view the episode now?
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 10:23 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
Stan and Kyle probably figured they had done enough damage already, so they stayed out of it.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 10:37 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
The Episode was okay the repeated use of Vagisil reminded me of Chipotlaway from last season,it was nice to see kenny have a bigger part in the episode.Stan & Kyle pitying Cartman at the start then realising what he was actually crying about they should have left him there crying like all the kids seemed to do.I liked Cartman giving Butters all his money and then watching two and half men to be stupider, though the bit i laughed at the most was Butters mumbling at the end.

7/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 10:49 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Woah, CC just played a teaser for next week's South Park already!

It was Jersey Shore meets zombie apocalypse.

It's also here, at the beginning of the episode, on the SPS episode player :)
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 10:52 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
warelock wrote:
weird ,,, why cant i view the episode now?

Too soon. Try now.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:25 pm Offline
zzyzx 1 wrote:
IAlthough I do want to see it again. First impressions, with Kyle and Stan at the beginning at Cartman's locker at school, then no more Kyle or Stan for the entire episode :o

The Cartman/Butters with a side of Kenny was a combo I don't think I've ever seen before :)

Well, I've seen it three times. I saw Tweek in the beginning, but of course no Pip at school.

Because Kyle and Stan were absent at the end, it was Cartman who gave the "I learned something today" type of speech, complete with the piano playing in the background. Cartman giving the closing speech? Very cool 8)

Vagisil FTW :D
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:29 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 pm15
I liked it! lol.

They could have proofread it a bit better, as Dale Jr hasn't driven the Bud car in a couple of years & Kenseth hasn't been with Dewalt in quite a while either, but they had Danica there and Stewart in his new ride. Yeah, i know, nitpicking... ;-)

The Obama video was classic.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 06, 2010 11:40 pm Offline
Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:33 pm218
This is funny as f*ck, seriously. I think this is the funniest episode of the season so far :)
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:22 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
14B is upon us at last!!

Out of curiosity, was anybody else expecting like an oil spill episode? I always was under the impression that it was the general responsibility of the season (or half-season) opener to deal with current events. But no matter. We got NASCAR instead.

I'm not complaining.

Well, maybe a little. The single-story-arc structure has worked wonders in the past, but in terms of narrative this one felt a little predictable, and it kinda went nowhere. I mean I knew that Cartman's crying at the beginning was because he wasn't "poor and stupid" enough (title gave that one away), and I knew what his speech at the end would entail (including the part about wanting his money back from Butters).

I don't know, the story just felt... deflated.

However, this episode was HILARIOUS, so that more than made up for it. I mean, during that Obama podcast video that Cartman and Butters did... all my friends and I were in stitches. Pretty much every single time the Vagisil guy referenced his wife was gold as well.

So... perfect? No. But very funny and I'd say a damn solid opener.

8/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:22 am Offline
Sat May 29, 2010 9:55 pm3
i think we already know what next weeks episode is about. and it says on this website that is called 'new Jersey'
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
it was pretty funny. :) I loved Stan trying to comfort Cartman in the beginning. Won't mention Kyle because I care about Stan and Cartman more. That was way cute. I thought at first he was still crying about being part ginger :mrgreen: .

So easy to get Butters to do what you say and blame him for what he tell him to in the end :lol: . Cartman consuming Vagasil was so gross but funny! :lol: Kenny had a bit of a role like expected. :) I thought he was going to die, sacrifice himself so Cartman could put a stop to his idiocy. The red-neck kind of talk was funny but a lil' hard to understand. Cartman thinking he's 'too smart and rich' never gets old!! :lol:

All in all funny, it's impossible not to laugh at SP. I give it... 7.5/10 until I see it again tomorrow :).

There was a clip from next week's episode with Stan??? Ugh, more Randy though?? I WANT STAN AND SHARON FOR ONCE! He has a mom. :? Sorry, anyway.... can't wait until Sun, and then Wed! :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next