Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Poor jokes and stupid episode PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:28 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:08 am1
This episode wasn't funny. I chuckled, once. Uncreative jokes, repeated over and over again.

Earlier South Parks are some of the best TV shows ever made, but other than 1401, Season 14 has been a total disappointment. It's like they've changed their target audience from open-minded adults to dumbass thirteen year olds.

STOP KILLING SOUTH PARK!
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:52 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18782I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well this one was kinda meh. It had it's moments. I love ign'rant redneck Cartman. And it was fun as hell seeing the repercussions of his stupidity on the track the first time over. The Dr/Mrs. Vagisil dynamic was kinda ruined by him over chastising his wermans. Oh no! I've gone countrified from too much NASCAR exposure! Halp! :lol:
I was reeealy surprised that there wasn't a Kenny death here. And doubly so that it wasn't Kenny who jacked a crashed car to run Cartman off the track.
'Kay, that's all I have for now. Now to go back and see what everyone else said.

Edit:
triplemultiplex wrote:
Woah, CC just played a teaser for next week's South Park already!

It was Jersey Shore meets zombie apocalypse.

I know, it's in the player too! Yaaay!

Double Edit:
gen777 wrote:
What's the song that plays when Cartman is driving the second time? it's awesome!...

not La Grange, the other one.

Checking now... Dunno. Sounds like library music to me.
P.S. *giggle* one of the spectators Cartman hit in the infield said "booger" when he splattered on the windshield. :lol: Ohhhh... I never realized how much of a sadistic bastard I was.

Ha-Ha! Multiple Edit!
SirKerrek wrote:
Out of curiosity, was anybody else expecting like an oil spill episode?

Not really. It's been too long.
Last edited by BRMBug on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 1:16 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
YES! Saw the clip for next week's episode on the player already!! They are parodying Jersey Shore it seems. Good, that sh*t bugs me sooooo much. Never seen it but my god, anything from MTV and VH1 is pretty much garbage. People who have no talent and nothing to offer on TV except their 'hot bodies' need to be stopped NOW.

ARGH just what I didn't want really, more Randy. For me it would be so simple for the mothers of SP to get hung up on the new, whatever in family care/health/parenting but it really is something horrible and the boys have to try and stop their moms before things get out of hand. Simple. It would be an instant fav in my book.

But at least it appears Stan will have a role next week. :D
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 1:23 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Quote:
Earlier South Parks are some of the best TV shows ever made, but other than 1401, Season 14 has been a total disappointment. It's like they've changed their target audience from open-minded adults to dumbass thirteen year olds.

STOP KILLING SOUTH PARK!

Woah, woah, did you even SEE "200" and "201"? Look buddy, I won't argue South Park's quality has diminished over the years right down the crapper, but you can't say Season 14 has been a total disappointment . Those two episodes had more character development and a more well-written story than probably the entire rest of the past seven seasons.

And for those complaining of more Randy... let's wait for the episode, Randy might not be TOO integral to it. He's always used as the main speaker of the adults, even when he's not being an idiot. Not that I like him - I agree the mothers need screentime. My guess is M&T don't like giving the women screentime since that depends a lot on April Stewart and Mona Marshall, who usually dub their lines in only in the final hours before airing - they can't write as they go like usual.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 1:43 am Offline
Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:34 am1
I am extremely disappointed. I've been waiting months for this??? NASCAR? Isn't the "dumb redneck" joke overplayed for NASCAR? I was looking for a BP/oilspill or an Antoine Dodson episode. This episode felt like it was thrown together in 5 minutes. I could have written better jokes than that!! " OOOHHH the Vagisil car just slapped the stank off that pu#%y in the 48!". This may have been one of the worst episodes I have ever seen.......I still look forward to next weeks episode though :) .

What can I say....I'm a fan.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 2:39 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:05 am1NH
I could not stop laughing! :lol:
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 3:04 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
SirKerrek wrote:
14B is upon us at last!!

Out of curiosity, was anybody else expecting like an oil spill episode? I always was under the impression that it was the general responsibility of the season (or half-season) opener to deal with current events. But no matter. We got NASCAR instead.

No, I wasn't expecting anything about the oil spill. As I said in the pre-air thread, that "current event" is now old news. So I didn't think the oil spill would be material for the season opener.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 3:52 am Offline
Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 pm1
After this I want to get high off Vagisil!
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 7:10 am Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm23
SirKerrek wrote:
14B is upon us at last!!

Out of curiosity, was anybody else expecting like an oil spill episode? I always was under the impression that it was the general responsibility of the season (or half-season) opener to deal with current events. But no matter. We got NASCAR instead.

I'm not complaining.

Well, maybe a little. The single-story-arc structure has worked wonders in the past, but in terms of narrative this one felt a little predictable, and it kinda went nowhere. I mean I knew that Cartman's crying at the beginning was because he wasn't "poor and stupid" enough (title gave that one away), and I knew what his speech at the end would entail (including the part about wanting his money back from Butters).

I don't know, the story just felt... deflated.

However, this episode was HILARIOUS, so that more than made up for it. I mean, during that Obama podcast video that Cartman and Butters did... all my friends and I were in stitches. Pretty much every single time the Vagisil guy referenced his wife was gold as well.

So... perfect? No. But very funny and I'd say a damn solid opener.

8/10

If you look at the season 14 press release I predicted one. As well as a few others.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 7:15 am Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm23
zzyzx 1 wrote:
SirKerrek wrote:
14B is upon us at last!!

No, I wasn't expecting anything about the oil spill. As I said in the pre-air thread, that "current event" is now old news. So I didn't think the oil spill would be material for the season opener.

Dude, seriously, I'm sick of hearing the oil spill is old. I live in New Orleans, it's not old, you people just stopped caring. There's not a drop cleaned yet. Mark my words, THERE WILL BE AN OIL SPILL EPISODE
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 7:38 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Um, the message of this episode wasn't that NASCAR is for poor, stupid people...the message is that 'NASCAR fans = dumb and poor' is a stereotype perpetuated by the media and that NASCAR fans are for the most part normal people. It's just idiots like Cartman which reinforce that image.

This episode was atrocious. Cartman has become a joke of a character. Driving around and MURDERING people on the track? The same little eight-year-old boy who shocked us all when he revealed he fed Scott Tenorman his parents? It's not even shocking anymore. Just Cartman being "evil" for the sake of it--a shell of his former self.

And then earlier in this shockingly horrid season, Cartman laughs when some guy gets hanged from a chopper (Scarface episode)? I think Trey and Matt forgot what made Cartman funny in the first place. He's not funny because he's evil. Him killing people and being a murderer isn't funny by itself.

The sad thing is the boys aren't even boys anymore. They don't speak or act like them. They're just animated versions of Trey and Matt, two middle-aged men who are so out-of-touch it isn't funny.

The truth is that "wouldn't it be funny if Cartman tried to act stupid, but actually WAS stupid in doing so?" is not a joke that can sustain an entire episode, and it really shows here.

f*ck, how can Trey Parker find this sh*t funny when he sits down and writes the script? No...putting Butters and Cartman in the same episode doesn't automatically make it funny. The moment "You know...I learned something today" stopped being a parody of those moralistic shows and became a straight-faced, genuine summation of the themes/ideas of the episode was when South Park started to go downhill.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 7:43 am Offline
Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:52 pm40Buenos Aires, Argentina!
I didn't like this episode :(
And that's sad because I've been waiting months for this! But it was a real dissapointment.
Probably because I know nothing about Nascar, so I can't laugh at jokes about their fans or their drivers being stupid and poor...
I only laughed at Cartman eating the Vagisil the first time, but in the end it was so repetitive that it wasn't funny anymore!
And the final race was too violent, and not violent funny like it usually is in South Park, it only made me sad.
What a waste of the first episode of this half-season!!
I hope they redeem themselves with the Jersey Shore episode, because I know (we all know!) that they can do so much better than this :)
South Park es lo más! ♥
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 8:02 am Offline
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am66
:o I liked this one. Butters and Cartman always make the best episodes.

The only negative comment I have, is I didn't think the Vagisil guy was funny. I thought it got old fast.

Not to mention, his voice sounded more like Trey Parker than a character. Maybe he was directing this towards his own wife? Lmao
Despite the Buttery goodness, wasn't so great... PostThu Oct 07, 2010 9:03 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:23 am1
Pretty disappointed. Cartman pounding vagisil was hilarious, but they didn't really end up doing anything with it. Seeing the violent results of ingesting all that vagisil would've been funny. And pretty upset there was no metaphor or underlying theme to the episode- which is what makes South Park unique from all the other stupid animated shows out there. Maybe Trey and Matt are still upset about the 201 thing. And why did they bleep f*ck and sh*t? Didn't they stop doing that?
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 10:15 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
southparkpresident wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
SirKerrek wrote:
14B is upon us at last!!

Dude, seriously, I'm sick of hearing the oil spill is old. I live in New Orleans, it's not old, you people just stopped caring. There's not a drop cleaned yet. Mark my words, THERE WILL BE AN OIL SPILL EPISODE

@zzyzx 1: I don't know, man. It was a BIG deal. I'm still saying it's a possibility. Although since it wasn't the first one of the season, I'll admit a steeply decreased possibility. It could also be possible that they might not have anything funny to say about it.

@southparkpresident: I don't think he meant any harm by it, dude. But also, I'm not sure if you intended this or not, but your all-caps prophecy there, "THERE WILL BE AN OIL SPILL EPISODE," is worded like There Will Be Blood, a movie that is decidedly about oil. Again, don't know if it was intentional, but it made me chuckle anyway.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons

Sort by  
Page 4 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next