Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 10:17 am Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm23
SirKirrek (Sp) I didn't think anybody would catch that. That was awesome. lol
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:07 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
JVM wrote:
Quote:
Earlier South Parks are some of the best TV shows ever made, but other than 1401, Season 14 has been a total disappointment. It's like they've changed their target audience from open-minded adults to dumbass thirteen year olds.

STOP KILLING SOUTH PARK!

Woah, woah, did you even SEE "200" and "201"? Look buddy, I won't argue South Park's quality has diminished over the years right down the crapper, but you can't say Season 14 has been a total disappointment . Those two episodes had more character development and a more well-written story than probably the entire rest of the past seven seasons.

And for those complaining of more Randy... let's wait for the episode, Randy might not be TOO integral to it. He's always used as the main speaker of the adults, even when he's not being an idiot. Not that I like him - I agree the mothers need screentime. My guess is M&T don't like giving the women screentime since that depends a lot on April Stewart and Mona Marshall, who usually dub their lines in only in the final hours before airing - they can't write as they go like usual.

When isn't Randy an idiot?? lol He's always acting immature and dramatic some way or another and never listens to his family. Maybe Matt and Trey need to plan the next episode better so they can get the females a really good role for once. Know that will never happen but... I'd like to see them try. Every character on that show deserves his and her screen time, esp if they haven't had a large role for years. :? Sharon's in my top 10 fav characters and I just want to see and hear more of her. :? She's the only rational thinker of the adults.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:11 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Diabeteth wrote:

So who shared Kenny's reaction to Cartman getting his own car? :lol: That wasn't exactly one of the funny moments, but for some reason I just started laughing...

Seeing the car for the first time with the Vagisil logo on it was a seriously funny moment for me.

When Cartman was on the track, it reminded me a lot of racing /car video games like Midtown Madness and Grand Theft Auto. It was so reminiscent of that genre of gaming, I can't help wondering if it was a blatant satire.

I liked this episode a lot - a very strong return to the season. Thanks for the entertainment. :D
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:13 pm Offline
Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:16 am16
The Skoal Rebel mockery with Cartman dippin' Vagisil was the funniest thing South Park has done. I'm still laughing.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:17 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
southparkpresident wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
SirKerrek wrote:
14B is upon us at last!!

Out of curiosity, was anybody else expecting like an oil spill episode? I always was under the impression that it was the general responsibility of the season (or half-season) opener to deal with current events. But no matter. We got NASCAR instead.

No, I wasn't expecting anything about the oil spill. As I said in the pre-air thread, that "current event" is now old news. So I didn't think the oil spill would be material for the season opener.

Dude, seriously, I'm sick of hearing the oil spill is old. I live in New Orleans, it's not old, you people just stopped caring. There's not a drop cleaned yet. Mark my words, THERE WILL BE AN OIL SPILL EPISODE

Of course the aftermath is going to go on for years because of the Oil Spill :( Unless you are referring to an "aftermath" episode; that is indeed current. I was referring to all summer long the current event was the "leak" itself, and how to stop the leak. That is the old news I was referring to. Certainly NOT the aftermath as you are experiencing now. No, certainly not the aftermath. That is current news.

SirKerrek wrote:
@southparkpresident: I don't think he meant any harm by it, dude.

SirKerrek is right: I didn't mean anything by it except to say that the act of the oil actively gushing into the Gulf of Mexico is old news; not it's aftermath. Sorry for what you, New Orleans, and the entire region is going through right now currently :(
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:43 pm Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 pm89
Edit:

Funny episode I loved it. Especially cartmans press conference.

Overall~

8/10
Last edited by NinjaSkittles on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:47 pm Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
Oh yeah, Kenny made me laugh with the rifer gun scene :lol: he's like Kyle in this episode.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 12:48 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
loved it 8/10 vagisil wtf? i was grossed out by that. but kenny was so funny in that one. this would have to be my fav kenny moment. its even better than major boobage. the redneck accents were so funny and stupid. the ending was absolutley priceless.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 1:01 pm Offline
Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 am20Portugal
Didn't love this episode, but it was entertaining enough.

I can't believe they didn't kill Kenny! C'MON! It broke my heart :cry:

I always appreciate the Cartman/Butters episodes. I love how Cartman manipulates him. "I helped the needy!" :lol:

7/10 - I'm not poor and stupid enough!
"I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

Favorite SP characters: Butters, Cartman, Randy
Favorite ep: Over Logging (1206)
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 1:57 pm Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm23
SirKerrek wrote:
14B is upon us at last!!

Out of curiosity, was anybody else expecting like an oil spill episode? I always was under the impression that it was the general responsibility of the season (or half-season) opener to deal with current events. But no matter. We got NASCAR instead.

No, I wasn't expecting anything about the oil spill. As I said in the pre-air thread, that "current event" is now old news. So I didn't think the oil spill would be material for the season opener.[/quote]

Dude, seriously, I'm sick of hearing the oil spill is old. I live in New Orleans, it's not old, you people just stopped caring. There's not a drop cleaned yet. Mark my words, THERE WILL BE AN OIL SPILL EPISODE[/quote]

Of course the aftermath is going to go on for years because of the Oil Spill :( Unless you are referring to an "aftermath" episode; that is indeed current. I was referring to all summer long the current event was the "leak" itself, and how to stop the leak. That is the old news I was referring to. Certainly NOT the aftermath as you are experiencing now. No, certainly not the aftermath. That is current news.

SirKerrek wrote:
@southparkpresident: I don't think he meant any harm by it, dude.

SirKerrek is right: I didn't mean anything by it except to say that the act of the oil actively gushing into the Gulf of Mexico is old news; not it's aftermath. Sorry for what you, New Orleans, and the entire region is going through right now currently :([/quote]

I was referring to the aftermath. Sorry, I misunderstood your sentiment, I thought you were one of the many who seem to just not care anymore. I appreciate you're concern though, and also your maturity in clarifying what you had said. In other words, "Sweet, dude". haha :)
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 pm Offline
Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:19 pm3
Double Edit:
gen777 wrote:
What's the song that plays when Cartman is driving the second time? it's awesome!...

not La Grange, the other one.

Checking now... Dunno. Sounds like library music to me.
[/quote]

No way! no library would play heavy metal!!

Yes I am joking, I know what library music is.
Re: Despite the Buttery goodness, wasn't so great... PostThu Oct 07, 2010 3:38 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
ButtersFan90 wrote:
Pretty disappointed. Cartman pounding vagisil was hilarious, but they didn't really end up doing anything with it. Seeing the violent results of ingesting all that vagisil would've been funny. And pretty upset there was no metaphor or underlying theme to the episode- which is what makes South Park unique from all the other stupid animated shows out there. Maybe Trey and Matt are still upset about the 201 thing. And why did they bleep f*ck and sh*t? Didn't they stop doing that?

There WAS an underlying theme to the episode. But, as per usual, it seems to have sailed over the heads of South Park's major demographic, young teenagers.

The point isn't that NASCAR fans are poor and stupid rednecks, har har. The point is that the media reinforces this stereotype and that the real idiots are the people who blindly believe what the media tells them.

It's quite surprising, actually...as episodes in recent times have been so unsubtle in their themes/ideas that even the simplest fans could understand it.

No, this isn't a case of Scrotie McBoogerballs where I'm reading into something that isn't there. It's quite CLEARLY there: when Cartman is acting like an idiot in that Obama scene, the news reporter says something like: "So, as you can see...NASCAR fans are really stupid, Tom." They keep fueling this stereotype by showing ONLY stupid fans in the media.

The humor was SUPPOSED to derive from Cartman thinking he's hilarious by mocking NASCAR fans' stupidity, when really, he's making a mockery of himself.

Despite how much their show has gone downhill recently, Matt and Trey still aren't simple enough to make a NASCAR = dumb rednecks!!! show. They tried to look at it from a different angle, at least.

Don't understand why people care about which characters get lines either. Pretty much every character nowadays is one-dimensional and merely a puppet to channel Matt and Trey's boring, grumpy, middle-aged rants.

Pretty much the only good episode in this entire season has been 201 (200 just wasn't funny). The Scott Tenorman = Cartman's brother twist was amusing...as well as the clever visual where Tom Cruise is visually censored and becomes "immune to criticism," satirizing Comedy Central's censorship of Muhammed. Then came Kyle's speech about how there is no "satire immunity machine" and that nobody should be immune. But I digress.

This episode sucked.

P.S. What the hell's with Cartman's voice? He sounds like a teenager, not a child. In fact, he sounds too much like Stan. They should go back to the childish voice you hear in seasons 3-5.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 3:56 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:45 pm1
I like the topics of that the newer episodes are hitting but is there any way that the creators can take a back step and make the show with crappy animation like the first few seasons. All of the characters voices have changed and along with better animation South Park isn't as funny as it used to be. Cartman used to be so funny and now i barely crack a smile with the stuff he says his voice isn't funny anymore either.
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 4:11 pm Offline
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:10 am67CA
this episode had some of the best kenny moments
Twins I[status:chapters 1 and 2 are up more coming]
Re: *1408: Poor And Stupid* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 07, 2010 4:41 pm Offline
Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 pm35
"We're tradin' paint!" Hahaha!

Great way to start off the mid-season. Nice how everything tied in together at the end. Plus I think this is some of Kenny's funniest moments in an episode, since 'Major Boobage,' and "The Ring." Good stuff.

"I'm gonna drive, and I'm gonna go fast, and I'm gonna turn to the left sometimes!"

Sort by  
Page 5 of 11 154 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next