Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 17 243 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:41 pm Offline
Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:31 pm38
First of all, I'M FROM JERSEY.

I thought it was hilarious. Great satire on those stupid shows, stupid people.

But Trey and Matt are not as "Punk Rock" as they say they are. They should've realized that everyone in the world rips on Jersey. They simply just stepped in line and joined the party.

What they should've done was made a distinction between NEW Jersey and REAL Jersey...NEW Jersey is the bs surrounding the New York area... REAL Jersey is the entire state that isn't in New York's 60 mile wide perimeter.. I live in South Jersey, it's completely different then what people think.

I thought it was funny, but I also thought it was a little lazy. Not all of jersey is like that, but I guess you wouldn't know. It's a jersey thing.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:42 pm Offline
Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:12 pm10
Dear lord I howled with laughter. I hate shows like Jersey Shore and Real Housewives. People on there are the bottom of the barrel of society and just plain trash.

Loved the Snookie monster. Perfect caricatures of her, Situation and Jersey-ians.

All I've ever seen of these shows is what was on the Soup.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:44 pm Offline
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:37 pm6
anybody who didn't like that episode is retarded. it was so f*cking funny. everyone i know loves those gay ass shows.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:45 pm Offline
Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:03 pm76
Wow, this episode was great, makes up for last weeks for sure. I'm glad they didn't do the distinction, it's South Park. They just classify everyone from Jersey that way, made it funnier.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:45 pm Offline
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm14FL, USA
OMG I loved it! The beginning was a bit slow but once Cartman hinted that he craps on Kyle's front door every morning, it just kept getting better. I loved JERSEY!Kyle. I loved his transformation in Sizzler like he was turning into a werewolf. I loved that they got help from Al Queida, I thought it was hilarious that the only way to stop New Jersey was to get their help! I did cringe a little (whilst still grinning) when they were all cheering him but then they shot him and Randy goes "WE GOT HIM!" then I was like phew coz I felt that kind of made up for it.

Snookie was perfect. (thought it was quite funny that she raped Cartman >.<) And what Randy did to 'The Situation' (with his shirt perminately up) everyone has wanted to do to him.

"You've got 3 strikes, Kyle! The 3 Js; Jew, Jersey and Ginger!" :lol:

9/10 - only coz first part was slow
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:47 pm Offline
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 pm30
Wow all I can say is brilliant. While this episode won't age well, once the Jersey whores are off tv, it really hit all the stereotypes head on and gave Cartman another reason to hate Kyle. Strike 3 part was great. Also having Al Qaeda and Bin Laden crash the planes into the Jersey whores was hilarious. I guess South Park can still offend the masses without bringing up Muhammad. I thought Randy would betray Bi Laden and shoot him but the "We Got Him" line was great even if previously used in the 9/11 conspiracy episode. I laughed out loud over and over and that is honestly something that hasn't happened in the last 2 seven episode runs. Maybe Whale Whores. But great ep guys. I'm sure the only thing on the news will be how insensitive M&T are towards the victim's families of 9/11. And that will be lame.
Last edited by wizboy2k on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:48 pm Offline
The Al Qaeda reference, albeit strange and a little outrageous, was proving a point.

Too many people in this country forgot and/or simply don't care about what happened 9 years ago. This was an evident point they tried to make when someone made a reference (I can't remember who) in this episode as to how in "10 months nobody will care" or something along that line.

Matt and Trey's goal was to cross the line here. They were proving a point. I thought it was pretty easy to figure out why they did it.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:52 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
This episode was awesome! :D Hilarious and completely summarized Jersey Shore for me! I feel satisfied all over! :3

The parents and SP citizens involved, Kyle and Sheila's "transformation", Snooky raping Cartman, Cartman pinching Kyle's cheek, shooting Al Quaida at the end... :lol:

9.9/10 is my grade. ^^
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:53 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
I'll re-rate this episode 8.1. I think I just think the whole al-Queida thing scared me.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:56 pm Offline
Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:18 pm70Hilton NY
The best episode this season by far. I'm still laughing.
Favorite Character: Jimmy
Favorite Episode: Krazy Kripples
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:57 pm Offline
By the way, nobody from "Jersey Shore" is even FROM New Jersey. They're all from New York.

Yet us Jersey Folk continue to get this reputation. Hilarious... I live around 2 Farms and within 5 minutes from the Pine Barrens (the largest undeveloped peice of land along the Northeastern Seaboard).

No Guido's in South Jersey. Just tomatos.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 7:58 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Bennies are the real name for the people shown in this episode

And I can tell you that people from parts of New Jersey want them out as bad as South Park did in this episode.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 8:02 pm Offline
Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm30
Definately a step-up from last week's episode. Cannot think of a moment I thought was lame or didn't like. Snookie the beast was outstanding. Good to get some background on Sheila's character too (I mean, S-Woww Tittybang). I thought the Al-Quaeda part may have been a step too much, but it was okay as long as they did what I was thinking they should do at the time, which was take out Bin Laden.

9.6/10
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 8:03 pm Offline
Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:37 pm6
i think that they all should GEEEETTT OUTT! i wish they threw one of those in there
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 8:07 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
It was better than I expected, but still wasn't that great. The whole Al-Qaeda thing felt very random and dumb... 7/10

But, did anyone catch the Ugly Americans after? That was pretty great. Best of the series so far. It seems to have finally found it's footing.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"

Sort by  
Page 2 of 17 243 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next