Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 12 of 17 243 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 17, 2010 11:20 pm Offline
Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:07 pm8
Aidsburger,

I agree with you. I died laughing when the planes were in the sky and they showed one hitting the New Jersians, or whatever you want to call them.

Do I support terrorism? No. Do I in anyway think that what they did, or are doing is right? No. Do I think M&T find no gravity in the attacks after 9 years? No.

Can I laugh at absurdity? Yes. I laughed a lot.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 18, 2010 5:19 am Offline
Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:13 am2806
Oh well, after having seen this last one, I understood why Kyle is so violent.

I also guess the last scene shocked some people, or at least made some people disappointed.
Other ones found that pretty funny.
You're my dream! ~~
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 18, 2010 10:02 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Way late to this one. I'm so disappointed in myself. Et cetera.

Anybody familiar with musical markings? Specifically dynamic markings? Well this episode was the absolute epitome of a crescendo. I.e., it started quiet (read: "bad") and ending up very loud (read: "very good"). Which I suppose is better than an episode that peters out in the other direction.

Act One was kind of terrible, I just don't know why. Okay... maybe not terrible but it definitely ended having only made me smirk. (It's been a while: was Sheila's Tittybang moniker revealed in act 1 or 2? because if act 1, then I did technically laugh at that.) To me, it felt off-kilter with all the talking heads things, like it was specifically geared towards people familiar with Jersey Shore, which I wasn't (too much.)

Act Two, contrarily was really quite good. The Snooki reveal was brilliant. And if there's one line I'm likely to remember from this episode, it's "Snooki want smoosh-smoosh!" The first time she (it?) starting humping somebody I was on the floor.

And Act Three... let's just say that the payoff to the Al Qaeda thing (which, until the ending felt tacked on) was enormous. I was shocked and laughing my ass off all at the same time. And the end of the end (viz. "We got him!") was actually perfect.

It actually paid off so well, I might just forgive the first section. Maybe.

So there it is, the crescendo of It's a Jersey Thing. (Even the titles of the episode, of which I think there were three, got better with each iteration.)

8.75/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 18, 2010 12:26 pm Offline
Oh well, personnally I've been pretty shocked by the Kyle's personnality.
So I think... 16,5/20?
You're my dream! ~~
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 19, 2010 7:04 am Offline
Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 am7
I loved this episode, but what happened to the uncensored version? It was up for a short while, but has been replaced with the TV version.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 19, 2010 12:22 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
I see that too. And I never got to see the uncensored version of "Poor and Stupid." Maybe when they come back next month...
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 3:15 am Offline
:cartmansad:
You're my dream! ~~
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Maybe we'll get to see the uncensored version of 200/201 on the Season 14 DVD; and maybe someone will upload it to YouTube or to a torrent site with Kyle's full speech and Santa's and Jesus'. Maybe not. After all, the releasing of the uncensored version is a Jersey thing. You have to be from Jersey to understand :wink:
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 9:06 am Offline
^^^ Maybe they will find Comedy Central's balls at the bottom of Mackey's hoard pile and release it online, on DVD, and put a WATCHABLE version on TV.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 12:40 pm Offline
Yeah, maybe...
Anyways it's just a Jersey thing...
You're my dream! ~~
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 2:42 pm Offline
You got cabbage in your muff!
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 24, 2010 4:02 am Offline
Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:26 am74Southern Norway
This is my new favorite episode in SP! I loved the Snooki, and her slippers too :mrgreen: Kyle was amazing, his transformation was great! You got cabbage in your f***ing muff! I was totally cheering on him when he was insulting Snooki, and Cartman saying "You´re my little monster" was so funny! I was like "aaw!" Kyle is my fave character, and it made the episode even better!
10/10 from me :D
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 24, 2010 5:09 am Offline
Oh well, I see that lots of people have liked it.
You're my dream! ~~
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 12:55 pm Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
Before I came back to the South Park Studios forum. I was talking about this episode.

I loved this one. I laughed at what they did to Snookie.

Also, I was joking with mother. My mother is born and a little raised in New Jersey. Though, I don't know how old she was when she came to Delaware. But looking at her childhood pictures. I'm thinking she came to Delaware at a young age. But still, she can go around saying "It's a Jersey Thing" too. :lol:
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 4:40 am Offline
Hayley B wrote:
Before I came back to the South Park Studios forum. I was talking about this episode.

I loved this one. I laughed at what they did to Snookie.

Also, I was joking with mother. My mother is born and a little raised in New Jersey. Though, I don't know how old she was when she came to Delaware. But looking at her childhood pictures. I'm thinking she came to Delaware at a young age. But still, she can go around saying "It's a Jersey Thing" too. :lol:

Looooool!! Oh well xDD
You're my dream! ~~

Sort by  
Page 12 of 17 243 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next