Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 17 243 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 10:29 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:17 pm6
Last week was one of those rare episodes that didn't really do it at all for me, I felt like it kept running off the same joke. This episode, however, was much much better. I agree that the very beginning was a little slow but once the laughs started they stayed pretty consistent. I loved the part where Randy was beating up the Jersey Shore guy in the chair. Watching him flip around was priceless. The "three Js" was good too. :mrgreen:
The whole Al Qaeda thing was a little iffy at first but the whole "WE GOT HIM!" thing eased a lot of the tension. Also, am I the only one who noticed the reference to "Jared's Got Aides"? In that episode they make it a point at the end to say that things are ok to make fun of after ten years, which led me to believe that the "People's feelings matter for another 10 months" was a throwback to that because its only been nine years since 9/11. Clever Matt and Trey, very clever. :)
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I really liked this i thought it was great and yes Ike`s scream and then fainting after seeing Kyle and Shelia in their "Jersey" outfits made me laugh.Cartman being an assh*le (nothing new there then) to Kyle by taunting him (Jew Jinger Jersey lol) then wanting to lock him in a meat freezer but i had my satisfaction when kyle grabbed his throat and pinned him to the tree.I liked Kyle`s transformation at the end even though he saved cartman's ass again.

9/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 10:48 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
IAmTheBatdad wrote:
. . . . The "three Js" was good too. :mrgreen:
The whole Al Qaeda thing was a little iffy at first but the whole "WE GOT HIM!" thing eased a lot of the tension. Also, am I the only one who noticed the reference to "Jared's Got Aides"? In that episode they make it a point at the end to say that things are ok to make fun of after ten years, which led me to believe that the "People's feelings matter for another 10 months" was a throwback to that because its only been nine years since 9/11. Clever Matt and Trey, very clever. :)

Nope, you weren't the only one; I also noted the reference to "Jared's Got Aides" :)

And I too caught the reference to "another 10 months."

*goes to watch the episode again*
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 11:12 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I agree with BatDad on the scenes with the Al-Qaeda. I found it rather uncomfortable, but the "We got him!" at the end was funny at least.

But as far as the "Jared Has Aides" reference, I do believe they said it took more than ten years for something to be funny. More along the line of 22.3 years.

Kyle's Jersey look? Got a laugh out of that, as well as when Ike freaked out at the sight of him AND Sheila as their alter-egos!

Never watched Jersey Shore before, and I'm glad I haven't. Probably would have been irritated out of my wits!
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 11:29 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:12 pm42
IAmTheBatdad wrote:
Last week was one of those rare episodes that didn't really do it at all for me, I felt like it kept running off the same joke.

Also, am I the only one who noticed the reference to "Jared's Got Aides"? In that episode they make it a point at the end to say that things are ok to make fun of after ten years, which led me to believe that the "People's feelings matter for another 10 months" was a throwback to that because its only been nine years since 9/11. Clever Matt and Trey, very clever. :)

Yeah I totally agree last weeks ep definitely seemed to run off the same joke. It wasn't a horrible episode, but I laughed maybe once, if that.

And yeah I kinda picked up on that reference too, wasn't sure what episode it was from though. Totally clever how they worded it this time around :lol:
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 11:30 pm Offline
AngusMcTavish wrote:
Kyle's Jersey look? Got a laugh out of that, as well as when Ike freaked out at the sight of him AND Sheila as their alter-egos!

Ike was hysterical in this episode. I'm glad Ike got so much airtime. Go Ike :DImage
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 13, 2010 11:43 pm Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm1
This episode was awesome. I'm from NJ & sadly everyone thinks of us like this. But we hate the Jersey Shore freaks as well so was pure win.

One other thing - the voices in the salon made me cringe. They were done TOO well. Awesome none the less.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 12:08 am Offline
Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:29 am39
Great episode. I actually paused it to see if I could guess who the enemy would be, I didn't expect Al Qaeda. Nice to see some character dev for Shiela.

I laughed hardest at whatshisname holding up his shirt, also at Kyle's "transformation". (I guess most of you young folks--meaning under 30--don't know this, but that was a spoof of the movie Teen Wolf. Michael J Fox was a kid who would undergo a traumatic transformation into werewolf whenever under stress.)
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 12:12 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Omg I LOVED it!!! :D It was sooo funny! Sharon and Sheila both had lines for once! A huge thank-you to Matt and Trey for that. :wink: OMG Sheila was from Jersey! I sort of suspected it after she saved Sharon in the salon (try saying that 5 times fast lol). Well, it explains why she's s a bitch doesn't it? Too funny when Kyle began to turn 'Jersey' and he opens his door and Sheila is standing there looking the same! :lol: And Ike's faint!! :mrgreen: The dinner at the Marshe's was a lot of fun to watch, Sharon trying to bite her tongue the whole time XD.
It was awesome, Randy's part was minimized. But so was Stan's :/. I expected him to have a larger role. :o Cartman crying in front of Stan and Kyle!! Like they would really give him any sympathy? :lol: Kyle is 3 J's now! 'G'giner, Jew, and from Jersey!! So funny! Randy kicking the crap out of the guy! XD So fun to watch.

The ending too..!!

I guess the new title fits better with the episode, but I still prefer 'It Came from Jersey.'

Ahh, there were a lot of great moments in this eppy. I give it a 10/10. Cannot wait to see it again, hopefully tomorrow!! 8)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:53 pm5
Don't hate me for this, but I actually watched the first season of the Jersey Shore. :P It was frustrating how they create their own drama, but besides that it's not as bad as people say, but then, I'm really interested in Sociology..

dickrossxl wrote:
Best character was The Snookie.. they were so wrong for that

They really were! lol I cringed when I saw it.. Snooki honestly seems like a genuinely sweet person.. I love how the only time they showed "The Situation" he was showing off his abs.. And when Jimbo said, "Maybe he really is just stupid.." At first I was wondering if they were going to have him turn around, become serious and say all of this was some secret plot to take over the country.. but maybe that would have been too much like Chinpokomon lol

IHateCelebritiesToo wrote:
The Al Qaeda reference, albeit strange and a little outrageous, was proving a point.

Too many people in this country forgot and/or simply don't care about what happened 9 years ago. This was an evident point they tried to make when someone made a reference (I can't remember who) in this episode as to how in "10 months nobody will care" or something along that line.

Matt and Trey's goal was to cross the line here. They were proving a point. I thought it was pretty easy to figure out why they did it.

I agree with this.. Classic South Park, crossing lines and making people uncomfortable...

IAmTheBatdad wrote:
Also, am I the only one who noticed the reference to "Jared's Got Aides"? In that episode they make it a point at the end to say that things are ok to make fun of after ten years, which led me to believe that the "People's feelings matter for another 10 months" was a throwback to that because its only been nine years since 9/11.

I think in Jared's Got Aides it was 30 years, and then something becomes funny.. This seemed more like, it hasn't been that long, but too quickly people forget... and soon the tragedy will repeat again... kind of warning.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 am Offline
I like how Randy tried to get California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to help because the Jerseyites would continue West, (sorry, there's Utah first and then Nevada before California :lol: ) then Randy tried the Emperor of Japan, and then Osama Bin Laden :lol:

As I said in the pre-air thread, I suspected Jimbo would have a speaking role, but for the first time in a long time Ned said something also. It's about time :)

Classic old school South Park with the modern animation of 2010 being used. I still can't stop laughing, and I've seen the episode three times already. I already gave this episode a 10/10. I will change it now to 15/10. Season 14b is off to a great start. Image

And the definition of muff cabbage is a classic. I won't reveal it here; I'll just say it's a Jersey thing :wink:
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 1:26 am Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:09 pm22
Anyone ever seen that horror movie "Feast?" If not definitely check it out. Great flick. The Snooki creature was definitely inpired in part by the little demon critter in Feast.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 2:44 am Online
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
From what I've found out, "Muff Cabbage" is double-redundant. They both mean "vageene", so... yeah.

(This is going to be all over the board chronologically)
First of all, OMG, Ike! ^_^ Second of all MUFF CABBAGE!!! :lol: Thirdly; modern day Jersey'd out Sheila isn't that bad. Loose the makeup and spray tan by Earl Sheib, and that's an alright look. I still "wouldn't", but at least I'd have less of an inclination to smack her in the mouth most of the time. And when Ike saw Kyle and Sheila, I thought he was gonna run away, not faint. (aw. poor little three-year-old Canadian boy. ohhh)
Kyle backing Fatass up against a tree and bitching him out was glorious. It needs to happen more often. Especially when it makes him cry.
The Kyle Sizzler transformation scene was a bit of giggle. And I don't think that it was a take off of Teen Wolf specifically, I think it was a take off on any movie that had a scene like that... ever.
Oh, and I don't remember who called the (over) use of "It's a Jersey Thing" in the pre-air discussion, but not only did I agree with you, it looks like you were right. If there had been a drinking game associated with the phrase, I think I'd be nude and trying to make a baby with my desk chair by the end of things.
I think that the Snooki-monster was taken a little over the top. But the raeping was funneh. Poor Dog Poo. Getting the muff mash from that. (yeesh)
When the Al Qaeda stuff was brought up, I was like
No seriously. I actually turned into Patrick Stuart and found myself on the bridge of the Enterprise for 3.5 seconds there. That's how incredulously out of left field that was to me. I've got to admit, they pulled it off though. And 3MX is right, they had to kill Bin Laden there at the end to make up for it. *We Got 'Im!* :lol:
Let's see, what else was there... Oh! Randy beating up The Situation was abso-freakin-lutely wonderful. News flash: you're not that great. I've seen guys with abs 10 times better running on the Campion Trail, and one of them was like 60! Wow, that sounded gay of me... :/
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 3:09 am Offline
Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am66
I'm glad I got to see this because it was so funny. Is Snooki supposed to be Yoda from Star Wars? I know it's from a movie, I just can't recall which.

I think they got the stereotypes a little wrong. Or rather, these "Jersey" TV shows did. Because acting/dressing like tranny hookers and metrosexual gaywads is not really a "Jersey thing". It's only common amongst a limited number of so-called Italian people who think it's cool to act buff and retarded (no offfense to Italians..because I don't think most act like that).

Secondly, you don't really see Jews dressing and acting like that, even in New jersey,it's more an Italian stereotype. But, that just made it even more funny for me.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 5:02 am Offline
Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:30 pm5
Official Season 14 Ratings So Far

1401 - Sexual Healing - 7.3
1402 - The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerBalls - 8.4
1403 - Medicinal Fried Chicken - 8.9
1404 - You Have 0 Friends - 9.3
1405 - 200 - 8.6
1406 - 201 - 8.7
1407 - Crippled Summer - 6.8
1408 - Poor and Stupid - 6.6
1409 - It's a Jersey Thing - 7.8

Sort by