Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 17 243 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 6:57 am Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:28 am1
Oh gosh what a great episode. The Snooki "thing" was brilliant. Cartman's "3 strikes you're out Kyle!" was effing hilarious (Jewish, Jersey, Ginger). Can't wait for next week's episode.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Bah. Matt and Trey making fun of MTV shows? Really?

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel. I thought they consciously AVOIDED ripping on things everyone else rips on?

The annoying thing about this episode is that I haven't seen "Jersey Shore" (I have no interest in seeing it) so I didn't get half of these references.

The only thing that kind of amused me was when Kyle underwent his transformation at the end.

Other than that...didn't find the episode funny, to be honest. The al Quaeda stuff seemed gratuitous. Cartman remains as embarrassing as ever as a character. Maybe Snookie symbolized Matt and Trey raping Cartman up the ass like George Lucas did to Indiana?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 8:43 am Offline
Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm26
Though I haven't seen any of these Jersey shows, I found this episode quite funny. I think such people have their equivalents in every country, also in some districts here in Vienna :D
And it sure was better than last week's ep.

Especially liked the Schwarzenegger impersonation! It really sounded like him, something the Simpsons didn't manage.

For the Al-quaida thing, I didn't appreciate it too much, though I wasn't offended or something. Maybe it was an answer to the troubles with 200/201.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 9:21 am Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm23
Brendle wrote:
Bah. Matt and Trey making fun of MTV shows? Really?

Talk about shooting fish in a barrel. I thought they consciously AVOIDED ripping on things everyone else rips on?

The annoying thing about this episode is that I haven't seen "Jersey Shore" (I have no interest in seeing it) so I didn't get half of these references.

The only thing that kind of amused me was when Kyle underwent his transformation at the end.

Other than that...didn't find the episode funny, to be honest. The al Quaeda stuff seemed gratuitous. Cartman remains as embarrassing as ever as a character. Maybe Snookie symbolized Matt and Trey raping Cartman up the ass like George Lucas did to Indiana?

I'm Brendle, Wahwahhwah. f*ck dude. Think positive.
Anyway, this ep was good, but not as great as everyone is saying. The first act is almost unwatchable (We get it, muff cabbage), although the 2nd and 3rd were hilarious. The Al Qaeda thing would've been funny it just seemed so..tacked on. Like it didnt really fit. But the shock value at the end was pretty awesome. The person that asked about Feast, I totally thought so too! haha, I guess we'll have to see though. And muff cabbage is like male cameltoe. It's a mangina, pretty much haha.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 10:07 am Offline
Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:15 pm6
That Snooki/Snarf hybrid was brilliant. Awesome episode overall, loved all the parodies (Teen Wolf and Road Warrior in one episode no less).

Only weird thing was the whole al-Qaeda thing, was just odd.

And sure enough SP called it--whenever you tell Jersey people you hate them they find a way to convince themselves that you think they're cool (apparently that Snooki/Snarf thing loved the epsiode and said she's made it now. Just like Paris Hilton's reaction to Stupid Spoiled Whore episode).

How and why all those "Jersey" shows are on the air instead of Animals Close-up with a Wide Angle Lens, I'll never understand.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 10:23 am Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:21 am1
I work at my college's newspaper and when this episode came on we ALL literally stopped working to watch. Already one of my favorite episodes of all time.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 11:21 am Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
Lol. I thought the episode was going to suck, but it didn't. Not one bit :P

I love every scene of it, especially the Snooki/creature raping people gag and of course Kyle transformers to Kyle-y B and saved Cartman from getting raped by Snooki. It was so brave of him :lol:
As a Kyman fan, I smile so big when Cartman pinches Kyle's cheek and calling him his little monster. Major cuteness right there!
Shelia back in the days was really disturbing in funny way :lol: I totally didn't know she was wild and crazy!
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 11:31 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:16 pm15
zzyzx 1 wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:
Kyle's Jersey look? Got a laugh out of that, as well as when Ike freaked out at the sight of him AND Sheila as their alter-egos!

Ike was hysterical in this episode. I'm glad Ike got so much airtime. Go Ike :DImage

I agree. Ike was pretty much the funniest thing in this eppisode. And whoever posted the "it's like shooting fish in a barrel" quote above, you hit the nail right on the head. MTV is just a joke of a network, and I'm surprised that SP even bothered.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 11:53 am Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
very weird ep 7/10. but this whole time kyle was from new jersey? weird? but im glad they bought osama back. kyle trying to fight that alien dude was kinda messed up. but he did look cute in that hairstyle of his. im gald they showed his hair again. but that thing that was rapping dog poo and cartman was distrubing. cartman pinching kyles cheeck was priceless. im gald kyle was gonna threaten to beat cartman up. it was funny how the way osama died. LOL
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 12:15 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
YodaCracker wrote:
Official Season 14 Ratings So Far

1401 - Sexual Healing - 7.3
1402 - The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerBalls - 8.4
1403 - Medicinal Fried Chicken - 8.9
1404 - You Have 0 Friends - 9.3
1405 - 200 - 8.6
1406 - 201 - 8.7
1407 - Crippled Summer - 6.8
1408 - Poor and Stupid - 6.6
1409 - It's a Jersey Thing - 7.8

Please don't post ratings in this thread or any other episode discussion thread. Make a new thread about them in General SP Discussion.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 12:20 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
I didn't like the end, I thought it was dumb. The rest was good.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 12:32 pm Offline
Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:39 pm30Nashville, TN
I'm sure that whole episode would have made much more sense if I'd ever seen this "Jersey Shore" show. From reading comments here, it seems that most of the episode was a parody and critique of that show. Oh well, better luck next time, South Park...
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 12:40 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
IKyman wrote:
Lol. I thought the episode was going to suck, but it didn't. Not one bit :P

I love every scene of it, especially the Snooki/creature raping people gag and of course Kyle transformers to Kyle-y B and saved Cartman from getting raped by Snooki. It was so brave of him :lol:
As a Kyman fan, I smile so big when Cartman pinches Kyle's cheek and calling him his little monster. Major cuteness right there!
Shelia back in the days was really disturbing in funny way :lol: I totally didn't know she was wild and crazy!

lol I loved when the Snooki hybrid was trying to rape Cartman. "It's raping me! It's raping me!" :lol: Things like this make me love Cartman. And his exaggerations of his confrontation with Kyle. He didn't even hurt him did he? I'll have to watch again.

I swear, as soon as Cartman said Kyle was his little monster I rolled my eyes and thought of you! LOL For me, being so against Kyman, I thought it was really really weird and a little OOC. But I am sure you would love it. :roll:

Really, who'd of guessed Kyle's bitchy, overbearing mother had a wild streak to her?? :lol: SP is like the Simpsons, you just never know what info you're going to find out about a character next. :wink: Some characters like Garrison... I think we have learned all we need to know lol.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 1:11 pm Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:39 pm89
This episode was hilarious I loved it :) The dinner at the marsh's was funny. I love how the girl was like freaking out and sharon was just standing there. And I never would of guessed Sheila was from jersey. Hmm. Kyles transformation was pretty epic. lol. And the snooki monster was hilarious too. And I love when in the video to osama bin laden they have all the real characters from the jersey shore but snooki and they make her the snooki monster. haha. And I also loved Ike. soo funny. This episode was just great overall.

10/10 :D :D
Re: *1409: It's a Jersey Thing* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 14, 2010 1:18 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
southparkpresident wrote:
I'm Brendle, Wahwahhwah. f*ck dude. Think positive.

I really want to like new South Park, but it just doesn't have the satirical edge to it that it used to.

I wanted there to be a moral to the tale to make up for the lack of humor in this episode. At least last week there was the message that NASCAR fans being dumb rednecks is a media stereotype and not to believe everything you hear.

There was just...nothing here. Nothing except "Hey that MTV reality show sucks!" We know it sucks, because it's on MTV. Such an easy target.

It's clear the South Park crew need to spend more time in the writers' room and less time in the animation room.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Last edited by Brendle on Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 5 of 17 243 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next