Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 9 of 14 202 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSat Oct 23, 2010 5:07 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
that sucks i thought all this time it was there own parody but now i know that it wasn't. super weak matt and trey very super weak :evil:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSat Oct 23, 2010 5:09 pm Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
I am shocked and disappointed at Matt and Trey now :(
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSat Oct 23, 2010 10:39 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
And they have NO excuse for not searching Moviefone for theaters still showing Inception. I just checked it now and found it still playing at

Culver Plaza Theater, which is really close to the Studios.

Pacific's Sherman Oaks 5, still easy to get to.

And theaters in Pasadena, Alhambra, and Norwalk, all within 25 miles (half an hour to 40 minutes) of the Studios.

Yeah, I looked that up too after I checked local listings. I just didn't feel like calling them out on it. I will now though. Jesus, come on guys. This even has me worried about the direction of the show, and I've never really been worried it before now... well at least not to this extent. 1411's description has me somewhat hopeful though.
inSHITshun PostSat Oct 23, 2010 10:50 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am560
"You guys, I need to copy your math homework before class" (Cartman in "Elementary School Musical").

"It's just because we do the show in six days, and we're stupid and we just threw it together" (M&T after "Insheeption").

Having Cartman in dreams within your dreams and letting him implant his "fruitful" ideas in your head is bad, m'kay! Don't let Cartman pollute your minds again, m'kay, or else Woodsy Owl will come and get you. HE'LL GETCHA!!!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 4:23 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
^ LOL. :lol:
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: inSHITshun PostSun Oct 24, 2010 7:52 am Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
VACOOLA wrote:
Don't let Cartman pollute your minds again, m'kay, or else Woodsy Owl will come and get you. HE'LL GETCHA!!!

He'll touch your pee-pee with his wing.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 10:32 am Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Wow...

Not gonna lie, that news seriously bums me out. I mean... I'm not gonna stop watching but... that's pretty freaking weak.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 am Offline
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:42 am600Hell >:D
Ok...this episode had me laughing at one point, and I don't even remember what it was.

I figured it was poking fun at Inception once the Leo de Caprio toon walked in, but...still. The previous episode was really good, and I guess I expected more.

I'm disappointed. Sorry, you could've done more with this.

Freddy Krueger was a nice touch, but still...I'm thinking Matt and Trey are running out of ideas.

Come on, guys, you can do better...
DON'T KICK THE BABY!

~*Dream about the sun,you queen of rain.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 3:15 pm Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm105Fairfax, VA
The embarrassing thing is not that they copied, but that they copied from CollegeHumor.com, which is only one step above manatees.

If you're gonna rip off an idea, rip off someone funny, like Seanbaby:

Evil Smokey the Bear comic from 30 September, 2010.

EDIT: I just watched the Inception parody at CollegeHumor.com, and what struck me is that all of the lines that M&T allegedly ripped off were from the first 20 seconds or so of the CH video.

And in my opinion, they were essentially "straight lines" -- i.e., neither funny nor MEANT to be funny, but simply to summarize Inception's basic premise for those who hadn't seen the movie. Everything in the "copied" portion was info that could be gleaned by reading a newspaper critic's review of the film, and not original material created by the CollegeHumor writers.

Or put it this way: Suppose I produced a five-minute comedy video that begins with a character saying, "So let me get this straight -- the entire flight crew is in a coma from eating tainted fish, and the only person on board who can fly a plane is a washed-up pilot with a drinking problem, who's in love with one of the stewardesses."

Does that mean I should apologize to the makers of Airplane! for stealing their idea?

Shirley not, because although that dialogue at the beginning of my video is similar to various lines that do occur in the movie, it amounts to nothing more than a bare-bones premise of Airplane! -- and not only that, but it also happens to be the basic premise of Zero Hour!, a 1957 drama/thriller that Airplane! itself spoofed.

To put it yet another way, if SNL had done a parody of Tim Burton's Planet of the Apes, and then two weeks later MadTV also did a parody of the movie, there would probably be some similar dialogue in both sketches -- but it would be silly to say that MadTV had plagiarized SNL.

What I'm saying, in other words, is that I think M&T were perhaps being overly gracious in offering an apology -- it was gentlemanly of them, but not really necessary, because pretty much any spoof of Inception would have used similar dialogue about "dream levels", and explaining that the movie's definition of "Limbo" has nothing to do with medieval Catholic theology (or with dancing backwards under a pole).
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 4:27 pm Offline
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:26 pm2500the dangleberry of planet Earth
iloveyouguys wrote:
Oh fucking lord.

took the words right out of my mouth
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 6:14 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:14 pm2
stone and parker are falling off this season... very disappointing
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 10:17 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Very well said Thorbert McGee. :) It's nice they apologized but whatever. I'm over it. I dont know what they actually 'stole' from Inception/Collage Humor as I haven't seen both but I dont need to know. I will still love the episode Insheeption for what it is and support the guys at SPS because I am a very loyal fan. 8)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostSun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
A lot of people here who are complaining now seemed to really like the episode when it aired, before this story unfolded. Isn't that what matters - when you like an episode? It's not like the entire episode is a copy of the original CollegeHumor video. Everyone's just making a big deal over a few lines in the whole episode; a cup of water to the ocean, guys. This is such a strange and unjustifiable reason to think less of Matt and Trey. If it were habitual, that would be one thing. But it isn't.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 25, 2010 12:01 am Offline
Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:33 am54IL
Diabeteth wrote:
clydefrog4963 wrote:
I hope next week will be a halloween special, that would be nice considering we only have 2.

Only two? I can name at least four. The Pink Eye, Spookyfish, Korns Groovy Pirate Ghost Mystery, and Hell on Earth 2006. There might be others I'm forgetting.

oh god. I can't believe I forgot about those...the first two are my favorites...although korn's was great.

"this one time..like 8 months ago..I saw two guys kissing in a park and that was the gayest thing i'd ever seen until i saw the kozy FM's halloween haunt."

classic
Pro-Choice vs. Cartman
Pro-Gun Control vs. Cartman
People Against The Clubbing Of Baby Seals vs. Cartman

My SP Collection: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n104 ... 010192.jpg
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostMon Oct 25, 2010 10:34 am Offline
Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm52
I don't think they should quit South Park just because the internet does better parodies of things. They should just do less parodies. Because those things aren't going to be so funny after a year or so anyway. TV shows, movies, celebrities..etc.

Sort by  
Page 9 of 14 202 posts Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next