Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 10 of 14 202 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostMon Oct 25, 2010 9:29 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Sorry for the tardiness of this post - too much rl :P

I've seen the episode about 8 times (maybe more); I've read the posts in this thread and in the other thread about the "stealing" from CH web site.

None of that matters to me. I watch SP for many reasons, a major one is that it makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face.

I could care less if lines were taken word-for-word from another web site, and that MnT did not even see the original movie that their parody was about.

I just don't care. Why? I laughed at this episode. MnT put all their "research" together to make an episode that held my attention and made me laugh. Period.

I mean, come on now, Randy going into dreamland to rescue his son. But once there (in dreamland) Randy is no longer interested in saving his boy; only getting some butterfly poon :lol: And if fact, Randy as a butterfly lands on another (presumably female) butterfly.

So in a part B of this story of episode 1410, we have an unexpected Randy episode twist :D I loved every minute of it.

The guy who was humming and tapping his foot was annoying. Maybe that guy was based on a character in the original movie. I don't know. I never saw the original move nor the CH parody of the movie. But it doesn't matter. I saw this episode of SP and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Pip Tweek from the other thread at viewtopic.php?f=2&p=934826#p934826 wrote:
So, let's go over this one more time - they took EXACT LINES from the CH parody and put them in the episode, including this one which wasn't even funny the first time:

"Sometimes my thoughts of my dead wife manifest themselves as trains."

:lol: I thought that line was funny; it was deadpan humor imo. "Sometimes my thought of my dead wife manifest themselves as trains." It is a totally off-the-wall sentence, having no meaning whatsoever. That's what makes it so funny.

Stephen Wright, King of the Deadpan Comedians (imo again) couldn't have made a funnier statement 8)

So I give this episode a 10/10 for making me laugh. I am deducting no points for any alleged plagiarism, for the fact that MnT apologized and the apology was accepted, and as triple referred to a disjointed Act 2. To me, the only important factor in this particular episode is: Did I enjoy the episode? And the answer is YES :D
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostMon Oct 25, 2010 11:36 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ Wow, 8 times already? Awesome! :D

Well said!! I loved the episode too and it was a lot of fun and to me, when it comes to SP, that is all that should matter. 8)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 4:44 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
zzyzx 1 wrote:
None of that matters to me. I watch SP for many reasons, a major one is that it makes me laugh and puts a smile on my face.

I could care less if lines were taken word-for-word from another web site, and that MnT did not even see the original movie that their parody was about.

I just don't care. Why? I laughed at this episode. MnT put all their "research" together to make an episode that held my attention and made me laugh. Period.

So I give this episode a 10/10 for making me laugh. I am deducting no points for any alleged plagiarism, for the fact that MnT apologized and the apology was accepted, and as triple referred to a disjointed Act 2. To me, the only important factor in this particular episode is: Did I enjoy the episode? And the answer is YES :D

This is hilarious. Your South Park loyalty (or should I say...fanboyism) knows no bounds.

South Park could plagiarize an entire episode from Family Guy and as long as they apologize for it and it makes you laugh, you're still a fan.

They could literally not use their brains at all...just rip off another show, word-for-word, and you're still cool with it because it made you laugh and they apologized.

I wonder where you would draw the line? Could Matt and Trey do something that was so lazy even an apology couldn't salvage it?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 5:04 am Offline
Brendle wrote:
This is hilarious. Your South Park loyalty (or should I say...fanboyism) knows no bounds.

South Park could plagiarize an entire episode from Family Guy and as long as they apologize for it and it makes you laugh, you're still a fan.

They could literally not use their brains at all...just rip off another show, word-for-word, and you're still cool with it because it made you laugh and they apologized.

I wonder where you would draw the line? Could Matt and Trey do something that was so lazy even an apology couldn't salvage it?

I draw the line if the episode don't make me laugh or chuckle or even giggle. I like the show based on how much I laughed - in this case, I gave the show a 10/10 because I laughed so hard.

No "fanboy" here; just someone who enjoys South Park. You mentioned Family Guy. Well that doesn't make me laugh. What Trey Parker and Matt Stone do with material, EVEN IF IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S MATERIAL, if it makes me laugh, that's enough for me. It's called: Entertainment. It's also called a cartoon.

If I didn't laugh as much as I did, I would have given a rating lower than 10/10. It's all about if I laugh, and if so, how much.

Drawing the line? If I don't laugh. The source material Matt and Trey use is irrelevant to me. I enjoy South Park, and South Park continues to make me laugh. I am not interested in the details of how the script was written. However it's written it must be working because I am laughing and I am looking forward to 1411 with it's new name of "Coon 2: Hindsight" tomorrow :)
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 10:02 am Offline
Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:21 am7
I'm trying to see what's wrong with making a parody of a parody, especially if it's funny. I watched the CH video, and while amusing it didn't hold a candle to Insheeption. The episode was funny, period. That should be the main focus!

And I dont see why so many are "worried about the direction of the show", Im excited about the direction because to me it just keeps getting better!

And HOPEFULLY, we'll find out who that damn Mysterion is tomorrow night!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 10:07 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
It wasn't a parody of a parody, it was a direct lifting. Nothing wrong with it except how much better or worse it is than the original. You be the judge.

But it's also the first time they've apologized for using someone else's material that wasn't a parody of that material without permission (this means they might have done this before and NOT apologized.)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 12:41 pm Offline
Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:10 pm11176N/A - I'm only part of your imagination.
zzyzx 1 wrote:

I've seen the episode about 8 times (maybe more);

Super contradiction...

Anyways, I'm not arguing this anymore. What happened, happened. Nothing will change that. If you're pissed off, be pissed off. If you don't care, don't care. All I know is, this is just one episode, and it doesn't change whether I'm going to watch next week or not, because I'm not self-righteous like that.

Even though I never argued it in this thread...oh well, slightly misplaced post, but whatever.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 5:06 pm Offline
Wii fit man wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:

I've seen the episode about 8 times (maybe more);

Super contradiction...

How so :?

I can run the TV or computer episode streaming; I can watch it or have it running in the background while I do other things (now that I know the episode so well). So where's the contradiction :?

My point was I had no time to take the time to post my thoughts on 1410 before now. The act of posting is the time I didn't have because of rl interfering. Having the TV on doesn't take away from rl. It's part of real life.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 7:16 pm Offline
Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:05 pm2
Watched South Park From Day one, Some episodes make me laugh way more then others, Duh. I love Stans dad Randy, he is my Fav for years now. And I think Randy must be Matt and Trey's Fav too, especially after this one. I loved it. I see what these guys are doing everytime, and no one should ever try to pick apart South Park, That is what SouthPark is for. So let the pros do it and Enjoy. Canada loves you and loves ButterFly Poon!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostTue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 pm Offline
Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:51 pm1
OK, just got here to the forum - sorry I don't have an avatar yet... AAAAND I'm super-late commenting because I'm watching this episode for the first time on CC.

I literally had to stop everything I was doing (i.e. paused the TV) so I could comment on the young Mr. Mackey's room -

Lite Brite, making things with liiiite, what a sight making things with lite brite...

and the Evil Knevil motorcycle wheelie toy...

and rock-em sock-em robots!!

Brought me right back to childhood!

But the reference to ZOOM is what really killed me.... NOBODY I know has seen it... I about died when I saw it on SP...

I don't know if Matt and Trey ever read this, but I wanted to let them know those few mins were freaking CLASSIC!!

Thanks, Sapph
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostWed Oct 27, 2010 4:42 pm Offline
Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:25 pm1
"were sorry"-that this episode stinks sooo bad?thanks for acknowledging it....like the simpsons-good/funny things have to come to an end sometime(10 yrs ago in their case)..unlike the family guy which was never funny....i guess trey and matt finally got burnt out from too much partying.maybe they blew their minds from DMT at burning man or something...oh well all great things must come to an end...thanks for all the good times...RIP SOUTH PARK
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostWed Oct 27, 2010 11:03 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
tutta wrote:
"were sorry"-that this episode stinks sooo bad?thanks for acknowledging it....like the simpsons-good/funny things have to come to an end sometime(10 yrs ago in their case)..unlike the family guy which was never funny....i guess trey and matt finally got burnt out from too much partying.maybe they blew their minds from DMT at burning man or something...oh well all great things must come to an end...thanks for all the good times...RIP SOUTH PARK

We're sorry for plagiarizing College Humor. That's all. We can't apologize for your reactions to the episode - some people liked it quite a bit, despite the plagiarism.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion - We're sorry... PostThu Oct 28, 2010 4:07 am Offline
Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:00 pm12
shenanigans! shenanigans! I bet if college humor animated that parody word-for-word half the people "let down" would know that skit is practically an algorithm of SOUTH PARK. she-FUGN-anigans!
PostSat Nov 20, 2010 1:31 pm Offline
Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:09 pm0
Did anyone think it was sweet when Kyle put his arm around Stan, all concerned? I thought it was adorable<333 Brotherly love, awwwwww<3333

I loved the part when the psychologist dude was trying to put them to sleep and he burst out with his gas bubble. That one had me cracking up at 3 in the morning, even though I was alone in the middle of the darkness. Lol
Great job PostMon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 am Offline
  • YIM
Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:03 am1Washington
You guys did a wonderful job explaining Hording without just making the people that have it complete artards. Thank you.

-Hordelust- Server, Darrowmere

Sort by  
Page 10 of 14 202 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next