Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 14 202 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
I liked it, but it could have been much better. Everything up until the whole cast of Inception showing up was really great. We get it Inception was confusing. Seems like the script came in 10 minutes short, so they just jammed in a bunch of crap. Kreuger somewhat redeemed it, I guess. It felt like the Mackey storyline was thrown into the b-plot...

That being said, this is still one of the best of the season. Little Mackey is probably my favorite thing ever, with him watching Zoom, and singing the Lightbright song. And Butterfly Randy was gold. Heh heh butterfly poon.

Just thought this one was just wasted potential.

B-
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 8:01 pm Offline
Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 pm1
Southpark was glorious!

They finally showed that the emperor, Inception, had no clothes.

A pretentious, overly-complicated, nonsensical movie. Many of Inception's fans felt intimidated by the complexity, walking out of the theater claiming how much they liked it - saying, "I'm going to see it again!"

Dicaprio's line was my favorite part, "You just don't understand because you're not smart enough." Exactly. That movie was a plot clusterfuck. Great job, guys!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 8:15 pm Offline
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:46 pm12
I'm really surprised this episode is already getting negative feedback, I was laughing throughout the episode. They did a great job on this, and it wasn't just a direct parody, there was an actual plot this time.

Last week's episode was also funny, but in my opinion, this one is now the best of the season so far. I guess I've just learned not to expect Matt and Trey to sh*t out gold every single time they make a new episode, because I genuinely love the show and don't really care how bad the episode is.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 8:22 pm Offline
Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 pm3
definitely best episode thus far since Crippled Summer. Couldnt stop laughing.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 8:23 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
triplemultiplex wrote:
Space: 1989 = 2001: A Space Odessy?

Not quite. There was a show called "Space: 1999," and that was the spoof.

I had quite the laugh at some of the '70s stuff. The Fall Rally signs in the halls designed with the old cloud logo from "The Electric Company," Mackey singing the "ZOOM" Zip Code...Definitely from the Generation X set!

And as he might tell you, "being an X-er is good, m'kay."

But the part that really got me laughing was...Matt Hasselbeck? In Seahawk garb, no less! I'm surprised they didn't give him much to do in the dream sequences.

I had never seen the original movie, so I may have been stumped on a couple of things, but overall, it wasn't bad. 7/10.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 8:56 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
this episode was indeed laughable. But at times I felt like I was laughing at how pathetic it was. I loved Wendy in this one though, and Randy as a butterfly was pure genius. Definately wasn't expecting Freddy Kruger to be the saving antidote.

The entire beet box thing was annoying.
Wow, and Stan really is a horder if he was saving that sandwitch! gross. The 'hording' sheep thing was funny, but I felt like it was overplayed.

Personally, I felt like Jersey Shore was better. Idk. I would have to see it again.

8/10.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 9:01 pm Offline
Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:03 pm30
It was like a crescendo of comedy. Each new element that was added, I laughed harder. Putting Freddy Krueger in there was the ultrasweet icing on the cake. I literally was choking on the soda I was drinking...twice. Loved this episode and great job. Not my all-time favorite episode, but probably #2.

10/10

Krueger: "Like how you needed me to kill all those teenagers to stop the Communists?!?"
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 9:13 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
mo303564 wrote:
Personally, I felt like Jersey Shore was better.

Same here.

I can dig the whole hoarding metaphor, because the movie itself was one colossal mess, like pile upon pile of muff cabbage. And so was this episode. Unfortunately. :?

(No, Woodsy, please! Don't kill me for saying that. I'll give a hoot!)
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 9:26 pm Offline
Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm23
I loved this episode. Only one person seemed to understand it. They used the convoluted story of "Inception" to symbolize hoarding. And alot of the parts that felt "Tacked on" or however you guys said it were like that on purpose, this episode made no sense in order to make fun of the fact "Inception" made no sense. haha.
And the people who are hating on "Poor and Stupid" and "It's A Jersey Thing", dude, those are WAY funnier than "Crippled Summer" (worst of the season, no doubt)
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I realize I'm in the minority here, but I'm giving it a five.

I know I was kinda out of it for thinking this would be an episode that didn't make too many references to something related to pop culture, but I just can't stand it anymore. Why can't we have episodes about the kids being kids? I'm sick of these annoying adult characters and repetitive irrelevant humor. I would have enjoyed this so much if it actually focused on Stan's hoarding instead of some f'ed up 'dream world'. I've never even seen the movie 'Inception', either.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 pm Offline
Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 pm1
Wow writing is getting lazy...they ripped one part line for line off a college humor sketch.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 pm Offline
Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:33 pm218
I think it was alright, I mostly laughed at whatever Mackey said, m'kay. And the background noise guy.

8.5/10.

Definitely better than Sexual Healing or Crippled Summer though, which are really the only two episodes I hate this season (Well, I dont hate CS, just dislike. Sexual Healing wasn't funny).
Last edited by kieranic on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 10:22 pm Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm14
Haha i liked the Rambo/Colonel Trautman reference that kruger was in. Also nice to see they were into Space 1999.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 10:44 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I quite liked the episode it was nice seeing Mackey's toys as i had that evel knievel motorcycle toy too,the sheepherder made me chuckle "but i herd sheep". I was waiting for that pizza guy to show up in the dream at the end and say "who ordered pizza" that would have been funny imo, and seeing freddie as the good guy (so that's why he did those killings).

The dramatic sound effects guy got a little repetitive towards the end but mackey's reason for hoarding was because of being fondled by a giant owl mascot wtf. all in all decent episode.

8/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 10:48 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Yeah, he thought he could get Woodsy to stop if he promised never to pollute, which to him at the time meant keeping everything rather than throwing it away properly.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 2 of 14 202 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next