Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 14 202 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 10:54 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I LOVED it!! No surprise right?? I just love how crazy Stan got over keeping a moldy sandwich, broken toothbrush and such... but seriously, freaking out about all the papers... I do that too. :shock: It does make me think I may hoard when I'm older... I have a broken fork that I can't throw away... anyway!

Randy turning into a butterfly!! LOL I knew he wouldn't be of any help to Stan. Big surprise. :roll: The whole explanation of dreams and such, so confusing! And Sharon going 'wtf?' the whole time. (two weeks with Sharon! Whoop!!) Mackey was so cute as a kid! Aww. The sheep herder! :lol:

Poor Mackey was molested by the owl... :( I really wish we got to see Stan's therapy though. I don't think it is that easy for a hoarder to throw out their junk so I didn't like how Stan just threw things out in the end. Sure he didn't want to know why he kept them but... it is really going to bug me how we never find out why Stan hoards. So I defiantly will write a fic about it sometime, I have to solve it myself.

I was thinking as time went by Sharon might be the one to save everyone. Since more and more people were within dreams and she's the only rational adult in town, I would have loved for her to be the hero for once. That would have been a better ending.
All in all, great episode! Hilarious. Hope for more Stan next week too! 10/10
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 pm Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
Wow this episode was right up there with "Pee".

/sarcasm
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
I'm beginning to see a congruity between 14A and 14B here.

That is, 1401 "Sexual Healing" was okay at best. So was 1408 "Poor and Stupid." Then came "Scrotie" in the first run, a better episode than 1401, and sure enough, "It's A Jersey Thing" was better than 1408.

And now, to mirror the phenomonal "Medicinal Fried Chicken," comes 1410, a tour-de-force of classic SP awesomeness.

Where to begin? 4th Grade Mackey was awesome, the epic background soundtrack guy was awesome, and the blatant parody of the sheer ridiculousness of Inception was freaking awesome. I mean, I won't hop on the trendy "anti-Inception" train here. I liked the flick. But by God if this episode didn't make me feel like a goof for liking it so much :lol:

And then you have Butterfly-Randy looking for Butterfly-Poon. And perhaps my favorite moment of the whole episode, the pizza guy breezing in and just going with the flow.

Not to mention, Freddy Kruger. Beautiful.

Now maybe this is just me, but the last act seemed a little rushed. They had a LOT to play with regarding the whole Inception-parody thing. They could have fallen into Limbo and come up with some cockamamey thing to kick themselves back out, they could have done more with the Inception characters, but that's all woulda-coulda kinda stuff.

They only had ~20 minutes. And it was a glorious ~20 minutes at that.

9.25/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 11:05 pm Offline
Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm9
Yes Inception was really f*cking complicated. I had to see it twice to fully get it (went with different people). It does make sense, even if it could have been explained better. I also don't know how pretentious something it was considering it was essentially a heist movie. I really liked it better when M&T were making fun of movies that were objectively bad.

Maybe they were responding to the critical and fan reaction to it? f*ck if I know. Even the first time I saw it when I had trouble following some of it it was highly entertaining. And anyway I'll take overly complicated over f*cking Michael Bay movies that insult my intelligence any day.

I guess Woodsy the Owl's part at the end was funny. Saved the episode somewhat. Last week's show was great, but South Park seriously seemed like it was seriously on autopilot tonight though.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 11:21 pm Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
I absolutely enjoy tonight episode :lol: it's better than Poor and Stupid. It was funny and gross when Stan keeps an old moldy sandwich in his locker and freaked out about his crumpled up papers like it's important or something. I believe it's love notes from Wendy, but that's my imagination because I really love Stan/Wendy.

Mr. Mackey as a forth graders reminds me of Butters so much which it's weird :lol: and I feel bad for him being molested by a Owl during the Field Trip.

Randy as a Butterfly was priceless and of course hilarious :mrgreen: and of course the running gag of that guy beat boxing during the conversation had me in stitches.

I'll give this episode:
9.8/10
Bravo, Matt and Trey! Can't wait for next week!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 20, 2010 11:53 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
IKyman wrote:
I absolutely enjoy tonight episode :lol: it's better than Poor and Stupid. It was funny and gross when Stan keeps an old moldy sandwich in his locker and freaked out about his crumpled up papers like it's important or something. I believe it's love notes from Wendy, but that's my imagination because I really love Stan/Wendy.

Mr. Mackey as a forth graders reminds me of Butters so much which it's weird :lol: and I feel bad for him being molested by a Owl during the Field Trip.

Randy as a Butterfly was priceless and of course hilarious :mrgreen: and of course the running gag of that guy beat boxing during the conversation had me in stitches.

I'll give this episode:
9.8/10
Bravo, Matt and Trey! Can't wait for next week!

Yeah, Mackey reminded me of Butters too! He was so cute ^_^. Hey, maybe those papers were important to Stan. I have to defend him here because I look for excuses to keep anything too :lol: . I wish we would have seen the other adults as children but oh well.

Like someone else posted, it would have been better if it focused on Stan's hoarding instead, and even though it was about him, he was still a important character #2. He hasn't really had 'his own' episode this season. I want an episode that's just Stan, 0 Friends was him and Kyle, this was him and Mackey. I want something with Critter Christmas caliber.

Soooo cannot wait to see it again tomorrow!! :mrgreen:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 12:39 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
and I feel bad for him being molested by a Owl during the Field Trip
:lol: sorry i found that line funny.

Yeah i mean`t to add Randy as the butterfly was funny esp when he was on top of that other butterfly.

I hope next weeks episode has the 4 boys together though maybe it will be that superhero one next week (never saw the season 14b trailer) but it had cartman dressed as The Coon again with other kids as heroes i believe.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 1:45 am Offline
Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:56 pm105Fairfax, VA
How the fuск can South Park do an episode riffing on "dream infiltration"movies...

...without making a single reference to The Cell, which BESIDES being entirely about dream infiltration, was also a starring vehicle for...

Hhhhhhhennifer-r-r Lopez?!

I'm not even a particular fan of The Cell, but after the numerous mentions of "tacos inside tacos," I was TOTALLY sure that they were setting up a J.Lo return.

Plus, it would've been an excuse for some potentially funny visual jokes about sliced-up horses and whatnot.

And besides, Freddy Kreuger is so cliche...
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 am Offline
Throbert McGee wrote:
And besides, Freddy Kreuger is so cliche...

Although admittedly, I did laugh when Freddy explained the ACTUAL reason he had to kill Johnny Depp and all those other teenagers!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:10 am Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm49
i enjoyed this episode-mackey as a kid was funny, and the background guy was great!

[please don't post rankings here. Do that in General South Park Discussion - Big-Will]
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:31 am Offline
Speaking of missed joke opportunities, "sheep herder" was the actual job description that Heath and Jake were hired for in the first part of Brokeback Mountain, so that could've had some obvious humor potential right there.

Like, for example:

DREAM EXPERT 1: No, mister, sheep herding is a code word for when two married guys go on a campout as an excuse to have gay sex. You're a sheep hoarder.
SHEPHERD: Wait, I thought that was when people offer you money to screw your sheep.
DREAM EXPERT 2: No, that's sheep whoredom.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:48 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Ow. My brain. 90% of the Inception explanation sh*t literally drove me crazy. I guess I'd have to see it to get it, but if I did it'd probably send me into a deep hypnosis the likes of which would have me comatose for a fortnight.

I didn't like the beginning. Stan being as hoardy as that was sooo off character that I almost gave up watching. Randy's calling out the dream therapy guy started to bring me around. And then the other DT guy acting out the suspenseful music had me giggling and pulled right in. :) As did "Butterfly poon".

Nine year old Mr. Mackey was so cute with his little Butters-like naivety. aww. (and was that a Transformer I saw in his room? wtf?) Shame we didn't get to find out his first name, or see his councilor. We did get to find out that apparently his teacher was Eugene Levy, um... ( :shock: + :? )

After throwing the Firefighters and the kitchen sink at the DT spiral (...more like a pileup), and the "therapist" said they'd have to call in an expert, I knew, knew, f*cking knew it would be Freddy. That was as obvious as the penis in my pants. Although I have to admit, if I were writing it, I would have done that too. I laughed at the beard when he turned around and at the wife and kids part. Also after seeing Throbert's last little comment there, I'm kind of with you.. and I totally forgot that Depp was in that movie. :) (PS dude, there's an "edit" button. please use it, from time to time mkay?)

I also thought that the gun-toting "experts" blowing the bullies the damn away was kind of stupid, but it did lead Mackey to his ultimate realization, so... :/ Although, now that I think about it, that's quite like a plot-runner in series 2 of Ashes to Ashes.
As for the ending of the episode... Image Oh, KYLE, WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SAY THAAAT?!?!? That's only gonna make Suspenseful Mouth Music Guy reappear! ... :D okay, it was a giggle though.

All in all, I didn't like this episode quite as much as 'Jersey' the first time around. Maybe with subsequent viewings, I'll understand the Inception crap more... But all that talk about tacos inside of tacos really made me want tacos. That happen to anyone else?

Now back to read what everyone else had to say.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:22 am Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:

Space: 1989 = 2001: A Space Odyssey?

Space:1999 was a British-produced sci-fi series that only ran for two seasons from 1975 to 1977. (Er, I mean "U.S.-length" seasons -- there were over 40 episodes in all, so it wasn't like Black Adder with only 6 eps per "season".)

It was mainly a Star Trek rip-off in that a cast of multi-ethnic Earth astronauts (plus one human-looking extraterrestrial) would travel to a different alien planet in pretty much every episode -- and as on ST:TOS, the different alien species were often brought in just as an excuse to make some sort of sociological commentary, and then never mentioned again.

(Plus, although the pilot ep had fairly good production values, the special effects in the rest of the series were usually ultra cheeseball -- think Spock having to hold the rubber brain-slug onto his back while going "aaargh.")

On the plus side, it did have a truly epic theme song that was part classical, part disco.

Even though the initial broadcast wasn't very successful, the show was later re-run after Star Wars: A New Hope kicked off a new sci-fi craze, and as a sixth grader in the early '80s, I owned a Space:1999 lunchbox...
Last edited by Throbert McGee on Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:34 am Offline
Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm52
Maybe I'm biased because I never really like the parodies. But this would have been great if it didn't have the movie parody.

If they thought the movie (I haven't seen it) was dumb, why would they want to make an episode with the same plot? Like why would they take something something that's already stupid and make it even more stupid?

Sorry to be a negative nancy :p
Little Mr. Mackey, and Freddie was awesome though.
Last edited by djs89 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 4:02 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I'm going to let this out because its very real.

The hoarding thing is not a joke. Its very real. This is a picture from below my bed. I have mountains of empty pill bottles that I just can't throw out. Some of them dated back to the fall of 2007. This is very real.

It hits really close to home. Now its going to take a little time to take in what I just saw last night. Its funny the first night, but the day after begins the "taking it all in and trying to understand" part of the episode.
Stan and Kyle :)

Sort by  
Page 3 of 14 202 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next