Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 14 202 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
LOL PostThu Oct 21, 2010 1:43 pm Offline
Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:16 am16
Best part: Freddie Krueger as Arnold Schwarzenegger in Commando. It's like 2 80's movies parodies in 1.
And another thing PostThu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 pm Offline
Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:16 am16
As a Seahawks fan, thanks for the Hasselbeck reference. We'll take anything we can get.
Re: And another thing PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
TakeYaOrdahPwease wrote:
As a Seahawks fan, thanks for the Hasselbeck reference. We'll take anything we can get.

I would have enjoyed Forsett more myself.:P
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:04 pm Offline
Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm27
I liked it. But It could had been way better. I never watched inception though. But anyway they could had been in Mr. Mackey dream and then out of no where go to Stans. I would had loved to see old character. Like pip!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 pm Offline
Sun May 03, 2009 7:58 am3
Such a great episode. Much better than the last two.

The whole dream complexity thing was pretty funny, along with the guy who kept making the intense background music hahah. I could stop laughing. Also the therapist when he was telling them to go to sleep and all of a sudden jerked up out of nowhere, had me rolling.

9.5/10 :D
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:16 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
"but im boarding sheep" "shut up" :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:16 pm Offline
Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:17 am25
HAHAHA!! Very good episode!! I agree with the others that this one was MUCH better than the previous two. Only "You Have 0 Friends" and "200" and "201" were better this season.

Mr. Mackey flashbacks when he was a little kid was GREAT!!
Lite-Brite, Evil Knievel, and of course, Woodsy Owl.
Randy Marsh as the butterfly - priceless!

However, the beat-boxing was EXTREMELY ANNOYING and added nothing to the story!!
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:36 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
ShaneHaughey wrote:
I also think people who are saying the fact that the episode was packed full of too much is done on purpose as a metaphor for hoarding are giving the episode entirely too much credit. Many South Park episodes have had as much stuff go on- were they symbolic of hoarding too? No. Indecisive and directionless writing is the reason, not an overarching metaphor that we want to see in order to justify failings.

No, it's pretty obvious now (I initially didn't see it) that the overarching metaphor was hoarding. Other convoluted episodes aren't symbolic of hoarding because they don't have a whole storyline ABOUT hoarding in them.

Think about it...why the hell is the hoarding storyline there in the first place? It doesn't serve ANY purpose if it's not somehow connected to the Inception thing.

The plot is cluttered with a lot of useless crap that M&T didn't throw out.

Since Mr Mackey is a hoarder in normal waking consciousness, he is also a hoarder in his dreams: his subconscious is packed full of useless crap that makes everything a mess.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 2:44 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Sorry, Collegehumor.com. :cartmansopissedrightnow:
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:09 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
cartman calling stan koo koo was priceless too.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:11 pm Offline
Brendle wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:
I also think people who are saying the fact that the episode was packed full of too much is done on purpose as a metaphor for hoarding are giving the episode entirely too much credit. Many South Park episodes have had as much stuff go on- were they symbolic of hoarding too? No. Indecisive and directionless writing is the reason, not an overarching metaphor that we want to see in order to justify failings.

No, it's pretty obvious now (I initially didn't see it) that the overarching metaphor was hoarding. Other convoluted episodes aren't symbolic of hoarding because they don't have a whole storyline ABOUT hoarding in them.

Think about it...why the hell is the hoarding storyline there in the first place? It doesn't serve ANY purpose if it's not somehow connected to the Inception thing.

The plot is cluttered with a lot of useless crap that M&T didn't throw out.

Since Mr Mackey is a hoarder in normal waking consciousness, he is also a hoarder in his dreams: his subconscious is packed full of useless crap that makes everything a mess.

This is an example of seeing something that you want to see. I see exactly where you're coming from. I see your points. I also couldn't disagree more and believe you are seeing a metaphor that isn't written in. Now, if you want to see it, knock yourself out. But I would bet anything that Trey Parker wasn't thinking to himself, "I shall make the cluttered nature of this plot a metaphor for hoarding!"

Hoarding, and why now? There is a show all about hoarders and considering the show's obsession with television and movies, I'd bet cash money they saw that and decided to use it.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
ShaneHaughey wrote:
This is an example of seeing something that you want to see. I see exactly where you're coming from. I see your points. I also couldn't disagree more and believe you are seeing a metaphor that isn't written in. Now, if you want to see it, knock yourself out. But I would bet anything that Trey Parker wasn't thinking to himself, "I shall make the cluttered nature of this plot a metaphor for hoarding!"

Hoarding, and why now? There is a show all about hoarders and considering the show's obsession with television and movies, I'd bet cash money they saw that and decided to use it.

Trust me...I didn't WANT to find a deeper meaning to the episode. I'm not a fan of modern South Park and I would never give them more credit than they deserve.

Yes, they probably saw that hoarders show and wrote about it. But I still think it's a metaphor.

Trey Parker keeps stressing how it's bad writing to have two storylines and not connect them, and how it's GOOD writing to connect two storylines.

If South Park wanted to make a show mocking Inception, why the hell did they bring the hoarding aspect into it? You honestly think them writing a plot about people not throwing out useless trash and then an Inception storyline with a bunch of useless characters have NOTHING to do with each other?
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:42 pm Offline
Brendle wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:

Trust me...I didn't WANT to find a deeper meaning to the episode. I'm not a fan of modern South Park and I would never give them more credit than they deserve.

Yes, they probably saw that hoarders show and wrote about it. But I still think it's a metaphor.

Trey Parker keeps stressing how it's bad writing to have two storylines and not connect them, and how it's GOOD writing to connect two storylines.

If South Park wanted to make a show mocking Inception, why the hell did they bring the hoarding aspect into it? You honestly think them writing a plot about people not throwing out useless trash and then an Inception storyline with a bunch of useless characters have NOTHING to do with each other?

What I think is this:
They had the hoarding storyline and the therapy, but didn't know what to do with it.
They hated Inception.
They combined them.
Done.

I do not mean for this to sound offensive, but before we continue- do you know South Park's production schedule?
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 3:54 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Brendle wrote:

You have it backwards: If South Park wanted to make a show mocking Hoarders, why the hell did they bring the Inception aspect into it? Don't therapists use dream therapy (regressive and otherwise) to get at the root of people's problems? If so, then it's just fitting for Trey to use Inception as a way of showing just how convoluted dream therapy can be, or just as a way to mock it.

Now, an argument can be made for Trey having a hoard of ideas he hasn't yet used on the show, but he and his crew often say they run out of ideas before a run is through and so have to go to a small batch of ideas they decided not to use in earlier seasons.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1410: Insheeption* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 21, 2010 4:55 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I loved this episode. Hilarious!! It bummed me out that people on another website claimed it was the worst of season 14, maybe even the worst episode of the series. :( Maybe I'm so confortable with South Park, no episode will ever fall under 80%, not even newer episodes. Still, that's pretty harsh to say about the episode... The worst?! :?

lol Mr. Makey was so cute as a kid! I didn't know zoom and lite brites were old... :shock: I like how Wendy and Kyle were concerned about Stan and how Cartman thought Stan was crazy. This really bothers me, though. A moldy, maggot-filled sandwich, Stan? REALLY?! What purpose does it serve? The maggots crawled out of the bag onto the guy's wrist; it's time to let go, dude... XD

Sort by  
Page 5 of 14 202 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next