Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 11 155 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
*1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 8:26 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
SOUTH PARK
TITLE: MYSTERION RISES
Episode #1412 Air date: November 3, 2010

Mysterion’s true identity is revealed. Meanwhile, the Coon, scorned by his fellow super heroes, is out for revenge.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 8:40 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
I have to wonder, though. What are the boys going to do against the great and powerful Cthulu? Have a bake sale to raise money?
Mosquito's mom does make really good lemon bars, though.
Last edited by neocarleen on Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 8:44 pm Offline
Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:38 pm1199Candy Island
Hell yes! :mrgreen:
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 8:55 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
This will be interesting. I wonder what Matt and Trey will pull - I doubt we'll get a simple reveal. It'll be something intricate and complex such as in "201" and the end answer will shock us all. After the poll, I actually have a feeling Dog Poo or someone else minor will be Mysterion, just to piss us all off. But I'd say it's virtually confirmed that Mysterion is Clyde.

Let's just nope there's no Lovecraftian extremists who cause THIS episode to get lost, too.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 9:10 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am560
"Led by Mysterion, Coon and Friends are working together to help the people in the Gulf who are at the mercy of the dark lord, Cthulhu. The Coon, scorned by his fellow super heroes and now working alone, is out for revenge."

Do they call themselves Coon and Friends, Mysterion and Friends, or The Extreme Avenger League now? Coon and Friends vs. the Coon vs. Cthulhu and Friends. Am I getting it right?
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 pm Offline
Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:40 am5
To me, i loved Coon and Friends, mostly because I was looking for hints as to who mysterion was the whole time, but it lacked jokes! Get some better jokes this time!
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 9:25 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
Man, they'd better do something really insane for the big "Who is Mysterion?" reveal. Otherwise I would rather not know. It's been kind of fun and interesting as unknown.

After all, he stops being a symbol once he is unmasked, remember? He will become a boring bit of South Park trivia if they don't pull off a reveal comparable to the Cartman's Dad shocker.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 9:40 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
The moment I saw the poll on the BBS asking who I thought Mysterion was, something told me they'd probably reveal who it is in the next episode, although probably not based on the results. The consensus is that Mysterion is either Clyde or Kenny, but as we already know from "201", it's probably not going to be that simple. For all we know, it's Wendy, or even Bebe.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 9:55 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
See, I'm also hoping it's a minor character such as Dog Poo because well, it'll reinvigorate them. Few new fans recognized Dog Poo, Bill, Terrance, Fosse, etc.

I feel it should be retitled 'Coon 3: Mysterion Rises' or something for the names to all synch up.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 11:03 pm Offline
Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:56 pm95
Diabeteth wrote:
Man, they'd better do something really insane for the big "Who is Mysterion?" reveal. Otherwise I would rather not know. It's been kind of fun and interesting as unknown.

Totally agreed.

Two-parters always make me wary. I think: is this idea good enough and broad enough for two shows? Is this idea good enough that coming back for another round of the same thing going to surpass the thrill of having something new every week? In this case, I'm not sure.

Obviously, they're getting a lot of mileage out of this idea. I mean, I guess "the kids as superheroes" deserves a lot of mileage, but I want to see something better than last week's. More jokes, more plot, and (I think we'll get this) more epic-ness! Otherwise, I'm gonna feel like the episode was a waste of one-seventh of a run.

If they're just gonna be putzing around killing Cthululapokomon or whatever for 20 minutes, I'll be duly let down.

In any case, new SP is new SP. And that's something.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 31, 2010 11:27 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Ah, so we've got the destined showdown with the Cthulhu, a message that would be passed on to BP/DP, a quest of revenge for the Coon, and, of course, Mysterion revealed.

Since we already have a thread where we've been guessing who's who among some of those superheroes, I'll just say that it should be interesting seeing how everything else goes down as well!
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 01, 2010 12:23 am Offline
Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:12 am7
I REALLY ABSOLUTELY HOPE THAT CARTMAN SAVES THE DAY. I MEAN I KNOW HE'S A JERK BUT FOR SOME REASON HE IS AN INGENIUS AND AMAZING SOUTH PARK CHARACTER. I NORMALLY DON'T LIKE TO WATCH EPISODES WHERE CARTMAN LOSES.

ITS LIKE THE FEELING YOU GET WHEN WATCHING TOM AND JERRY. THE CAT LOSES ALL THE TIME WHILE THE MOUSE GETS AWAY WITH IT. I REALLY LOVE TO SEE THE FEW EPISODES WHERE TOM WINS.

SERIOUSLY I DISLIKE THAT CARTMAN GOT KICKED OUT OF HIS OWN SUPER HERO GROUP. THE PREVIOUS EPISODE HINDSIGHT DIDN'T EVEN MAKE ENOUGH OR GOOD JOKES TO MAKE UP FOR CARTMAN BEING LEFT OUT ON THE TEAM.

SERIOUSLY PLEASE OH PLEASE MAKE CARTMAN HAVE A GREAT AND IMPORTANT ROLE IN THIS EPISODE
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
This will be a good episode i`m looking forward to the conclusion of whoever Mysterion could be, i was thinking it might be that midget from 1101 wanting to get revenge on Cartman. :D
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 am Offline
Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:36 pm5
Who Mysterion SHOULD be = Kenny with a voice changer.

Who he probably IS = someone lame like Clyde, or some other minor character.

Please let it be Kenny - it would give him what possibly could be his biggest role to date. Letting Mysterion be Clyde wouldn't add anything to the story.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 01, 2010 1:01 am Offline
Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 pm7
Yes I agree that Mysterion should be Kenny. It is pretty much virtually confirmed that he is Kenny. And because Kenny has not done anything on episodes save a few short exceptions, this would be his breakout chance at the spotlight which his character so desperately needs before the final Season 15. A lot of us are sick of Cartman always hogging the spotlight in so many eps. Please oh please let it be Kenny who has outshined Cartman - how ironic that will be.

omg omg omg omg omg Mysterion Revealed!!!

Although shouldn't this ep be titled "Coon 3: Mysterion Rises"?
I would have called it "Coon 3: Mysterion Revealed" or "Coon 3: Heroes Revealed" but whatev.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 11 155 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next