Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 25 373 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:42 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Ah, I thought it was feeling like a three-parter at the end of act 2, but didn't have time to share that in my act 2 post.

Nice shout out to the Neverending Story with Fatass riding Cthulu. God I love to hate him.

The goth kids fit in pretty well with this story. Especially when the kindergartner whips out a switch knife.

At the end of two parts of this trilogy, I find myself not caring much about Fatass and his stupid dicketry. Because this other story where we are learning about the rationale behind 13 years of Kenny deaths is just awesome. They are fleshing out and explaining one of the show's biggest conceits and I'm loving it. I'm totally buying it. In the context of the South Park universe, I think it works.

I'm genuinely excited for next week.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:43 pm Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm2
I'm sorry... but really, South Park? This is obviously not the first bad episode of South Park. But this episode... it was just STUPID. It wasn't even funny. There weren't even any attempts to BE funny.

What the f*ck?
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:45 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
7.4/10
Third act saved the show and the Nike LeBron parody was pretty good. Also as much as I hate fatass, I liked his song in the third act and the visuals of him and Cthulhu destroying a synagouge, a bus full of hippies, and San Francisco, where the World Series champions are from. I can not wait for 1413.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 pm16
ok first i wanna say is finally some ppl got it lol the cartmen scene being acute and flying on top of gutilu was infact a spoof of the movie my neighbor totoro loved tht movie btw lol anyways this esp is awesome i always felt mysterion was kenny cause kenny always covers his face in esps. and when they said they will reveal his true power i knew it had to be kenny then cause kenny never dies and to me that was a power since in esps he knew he was gonna die and had died in other esp. this esp was better than the one before cause this one had me laughing all threw the esp deff some funny jokes and cartmen is soo evil i deffinately wasnt expecting a fast reveal like that

as for the goth kids worshiping gutlu
wow lol i deff wasnt expecting that and kennys parents not knowing that their son is mysterion lol :lol: :unhoodedkenny: i deff cant wait for the next esp
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:47 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
Eh. I still won't judge until the last part airs. Hell, maybe they manage to explain Kenny without making me feel like they ruined the oldest joke on the show.

Plus I should really watch it again once I'm over the fact that they're going into it. That way I can look at the episode without being immediately pissed off.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:48 pm Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm2
nwt000 wrote:
7.9/10
Third act saved the show and the Nike LeBron parody was awesome. Also as much as I hate fatass, I loved his song in the third act and the visuals of him and Cthulhu destroying a synagouge, a bus full of hippies, and San Francisco, where the World Series champions are from. I can not wait for 1413.

But a year from now when the episode airs again, is anyone even going to remember the LeBron commercial? Was that commercial that significant?
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:49 pm Offline
Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 pm51
I'd laugh if somehow Kenny's curse get lifted next week and then he dies. That would be horrible and seriously funny/ironic at the same time.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:50 pm Offline
Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 pm14FL, USA
OMG I totally knew it was Kenny!!! Yet I'm still so freaking happy that it was him!! I'm a bit too happy lol

I loved that his superpower was that he couldn't die and everyone always forgot he dies.

I love Cartman, and I love The Coon, but I felt that they should of focused more on Mysterion. I loved The Coon/Alien guy scenes, they were still funny, but would of been better if they were left for another episode or on the site.

YAAAAY! IT WAS KENNY!! I can't WAIT to watch this episode again!!! I think it may of become my new favourite.

Also liked how they revealed (although it was obvious) that Clyde was Mosquito. And poor Mint-Berry Crunch lol
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
Ugh... I'm so stupid! I guessed the secret identities wrong.

They're actually:
Mosquito=Clyde
Human Kite=Kyle
Mysterion=Kenny
I so didn't think Kenny was really Mysterion... I considered it once, but I didn't think dying and coming back to life would really be a power. Then I saw the episode. :lol:

This episode was awesome! I should have expected a TriSode... The Cartman rubbing Cthulu part was disturbingly cool. XD The whole episode was awesome and stuff! (I feel like an obsessed fantard...)
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:53 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
Wow, this is already getting a lot of hate. I personally loved it. Cartman befreinding the dark lord Cthulhu? Sweet. Fleshing out Kenny's repeating deaths? Cool. Finally revealing who all the superheros are so all of you will quit bitching? Awesome.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:54 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:52 pm1
I feel vindicated :) I knew it was Kenny. The last episode gave it away. Kenny was the only main character not readily recognizable in the Coon's.

Dead giveaway.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:54 pm Offline
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:48 am23
I couldn't stop myself from reading this thread :assface:
KENNY'S MYSTERION WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! -twitch- yea I need to lay off the coffee. I'm so happiful. He deserves to be celebrated as the superhero he is, being the joint-best character in South Park. :unhoodedkenny:
Sigh I hate living in the UK. Ah well, when I wake up tomorrow I'll have a super phun thyme watching it :wink:
I love Tweek. He's twitchy. I also love Kenny and Towelie.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:55 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 pm16
theres one thing im concerned about is are they gonna truly kill kenny this time? cause in the esp there was that prophecy statement that claims death even dies and something like that and kenny freaked out going what does that mean? which is his power that he cant die so is he going to finally die? or not die no more and be mortal?
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:56 pm Offline
Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 pm51
evan331 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
7.9/10
Third act saved the show and the Nike LeBron parody was awesome. Also as much as I hate fatass, I loved his song in the third act and the visuals of him and Cthulhu destroying a synagouge, a bus full of hippies, and San Francisco, where the World Series champions are from. I can not wait for 1413.

But a year from now when the episode airs again, is anyone even going to remember the LeBron commercial? Was that commercial that significant?

They talk about the commercial all the time where I live (they even showed it during the show tonight). Although, I am from Ohio soooo that might be why. Especially for us, the LeBron thing was made into a huuuge deal. they even made shirts that said "keep LeBron in Ohio" and they sold them at my college. People either got really pissed off or ran up to buy one. It was kinda an upset for us, so yeah I can see people still talking about in a year. Us Ohioans for sure.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:57 pm Offline
Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:44 pm11
Hey, think of Cartman being cute as something refreshing. When "Scott Tenorman Must Die" first aired, people thought Cartman killing Scott's parents was extreme. Now that kind of act is normal for him. With this episode, Cartman acted cute. Again, some fans think it's extreme, some think it's hilarious. Though I hope it's not a recurring thing, I enjoyed Cartman's cute mode.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 25 373 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next