Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 21 of 25 373 posts Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 08, 2010 5:54 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm19
IHeartKennyMcCormick wrote:
I think it was there just referring to people thinking about Cthulu.

To be honest with you, I seriously though that was Kenny's bathroom until i read this forum and re-watched the episode seeing a stall in the backround. XD

I thought that was Kenny's bathroom too, but I thought that because I saw a shuriken smashed into the mirror. To me, that was proof that Kenny was Mysterion.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m85/ ... terion.jpg
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 08, 2010 7:06 pm Offline
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 pm66
At the risk of sounding stupid, what is a shuriken and how does it relate to kenny?

Hayley B wrote:
Question: What was the first thing Cartman got Cthulhu
to kill? I can't make out what that first image is suppose to be. It looks like hippies again.

It was a synagogue. I'm Jewish, and usually I'm able to laugh at the Jew jokes, but I have to admit, that one actually made me cringe a little... I know Matt Stone is Jewish (sorta) but it still kind of... Idk, I didn't find it funny. I just felt like maybe it was a tiny bit far.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 08, 2010 7:38 pm Offline
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:45 am82Alabama! Best state in the world~
KennyMcAmazing wrote:
At the risk of sounding stupid, what is a shuriken and how does it relate to kenny?

in the episode "A Good Time with Weapons", the boys go to some fair and buy these weapons and Cartman says "Look Kenny! There's something you can afford. Shuriken's for (how ever much money it was)."

And Kenny happens to throw his shurikens in Butters eye.
Butters Best Moment: I like that Boom Boom Pow...

Kenny's Best Moment: PHFFFT ALL OF THEM!
I love K2: Kyle x Kenny. And Cartters: Cartman x Butters. All other couples don't really matter.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 08, 2010 7:56 pm Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
KennyMcAmazing wrote:
Hayley B wrote:
to kill? I can't make out what that first image is suppose to be. It looks like hippies again.

It was a synagogue. I'm Jewish, and usually I'm able to laugh at the Jew jokes, but I have to admit, that one actually made me cringe a little... I know Matt Stone is Jewish (sorta) but it still kind of... Idk, I didn't find it funny. I just felt like maybe it was a tiny bit far.

Thank you.

But I meant this part.

Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 08, 2010 8:23 pm Offline
KennyMcAmazing wrote:

in the episode "A Good Time with Weapons", the boys go to some fair and buy these weapons and Cartman says "Look Kenny! There's something you can afford. Shuriken's for (how ever much money it was)."

And Kenny happens to throw his shurikens in Butters eye.

Oh I remember now.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 08, 2010 9:27 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
TheViolentLolita wrote:

To be honest with you, I seriously though that was Kenny's bathroom until i read this forum and re-watched the episode seeing a stall in the backround. XD

I thought that was Kenny's bathroom too, but I thought that because I saw a shuriken smashed into the mirror. To me, that was proof that Kenny was Mysterion.

That's not a shuriken. That's just the wall exposed by the missing pieces of mirror.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
Big-Will wrote:
TheViolentLolita wrote:

That's not a shuriken. That's just the wall exposed by the missing pieces of mirror.

First viewing I thought it looked like a shuriken too. But its just a piece of mirror broken off.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 1:42 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Just watched it a 2nd time. I love it even more! Cartman acting cute is just- cute. He does have his moments as wrong as they are. Love how hardcore the kindergarten goth is XD. I am still wondering wtf the ending meant. Kenny died... yet returned in his bed. I- there has to be more to it. It wasn't an ending.

Can't wait for Wed!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 3:52 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
KennyMcAmazing wrote:

Hayley B wrote:

Hi KennyMcAmazing. Pleased to meet you :) I too am Jewish.

200 & 201 were removed from this site, as was Season 5's Super Best Friends because Matt and Trey's life were threatned if even just the image of Muhammad was shown.

What M&T did here as to Coon/Cthulhu destroying a Synagogue and killing Jews imo is far worse than the mere showing of the image of Muhammad. But, each person who believes in whatever religion he/she believes in, or doesn't believe in, has their own opinions on things.

An analogy is I may like red, you may like green. Each has their own opinion. It doesn't matter. An image of Muhammad caused CC to remove certain episodes because of death threats, but the Synagogue scene was aired because no Jew or anyone else or any other group threatened M&T's life. And while it is expected that some scenes from South Park do get some people upset while others laugh their heads off at the same scene (such has always been the nature of South Park), the Synagogue scene made me very uneasy. It reminded me of stories I heard of my ancestors being killed by Hitler. People whose descendants would today be about my age, and hopefully would not only be my relatives but would also be more friends for me to have :(

That being said, the scene you described, KennyMcAmazing, did bother me. I made a screen cap of it. I was going to merely place a link here, but instead I will post the pic here. Be sure to "right-click" to see the entire image.

EDIT: I decided to make it a link instead of just posting the screen cap.

I used red/pink arrows to point to the Magen Davids (Star of David, a Jewish symbol).

I used green arrows to point to Hebrew letters/words

I used light orange arrows to point out murdered Jews :(

And I circled The Coon to show how happy he was at all this mayhem. The Coon is smiling and pointing at the murdered Jews and the destroyed Synagogue.

Thank you for pointing out the Synagogue in your post, KennyMcAmazing. I was able to follow up on your post with the following screen cap:

Cartman Looks Way To Happy For Me :(

In addition, after Breast Cancer Show Ever, the post-air thread had many posts dealing with how Cartman would be treated now that he was beat up by a girl (Wendy) and that Cartman would never be looked upon in the same way again. That speculation turned out not to be accurate. The show (South Park) continued, and the fact that Wendy beat the crap out of Cartman meant nothing anymore.

But here, with this Synagogue scene, I for one will not look at Cartman the same ever again after this. But that's just me and others on this board. And even others will have different opinions. That's cool. That's diversitiy. I'm sure everyone here has a favorite scene from SP, and their worst scene. This is my worst scene. Will I continue to watch SP? Sure! Just because I don't like one scene doesn't take away from all the enjoyment South Park has given to me over the years, and in the years to come, including this episode and all the Coon/Mysterion episodes :)
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Stanluv25 wrote:
Just watched it a 2nd time. I love it even more! Cartman acting cute is just- cute. He does have his moments as wrong as they are. Love how hardcore the kindergarten goth is XD. I am still wondering wtf the ending meant. Kenny died... yet returned in his bed. I- there has to be more to it. It wasn't an ending.

Can't wait for Wed!!

I read one of your posts saying you've only recently become a fan of South Park. This would explain why you didn't understand the ending.

Kenny got killed in every South Park episode for the first 5 seasons. Whenever he got killed, Stan would say "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!" and Kyle would usually say "You bastards!"

Then, the next episode, Kenny would reappear, alive, despite having been killed in the previous episode.

Mysterion was revealed to be Kenny, and Kenny reveals that his super-power is immortality (he can't die), which explains the whole running joke. He explains that every time he was "killed," he would wake up in his bed in his orange hood, and nobody would ever remember he died.

At the end of last week's episode, Mysterion (Kenny) was "killed," so he woke up in his bed in the same clothes again, and his friends forgot that he died.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 7:23 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
zzyzx 1 wrote:
What M&T did here as to Coon/Cthulhu destroying a Synagogue and killing Jews imo is far worse than the mere showing of the image of Muhammad. But, each person who believes in whatever religion he/she believes in, or doesn't believe in, has their own opinions on things.

An analogy is I may like red, you may like green. Each has their own opinion. It doesn't matter. An image of Muhammad caused CC to remove certain episodes because of death threats, but the Synagogue scene was aired because no Jew or anyone else or any other group threatened M&T's life.

I can attribute this to the fact that, for the most part, Jews are generally very secure about who they are. Think about it. No other religious group in history has been persecuted more than the Jews. You think they're going to raise a hissy fit when something like this happens, when somebody else expresses their views? No. They know what it's like to have your beliefs and views smashed into the ground (even though neither Parker or Stone is anti-Semitic). They know as well as anyone that it's asinine to hate somebody just because they think Moses is a prophet instead of Jesus or Mohammed.

But then, a 'Jew' is just someone who follows Judaism, regardless of race, ethnicity, or creed.

Anyway, I'm hoping Kenny gets to have some airtime in this episode minus his costume and parka. But that goes without saying. I think they need to do more with him.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 12:55 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
zzyzx 1 wrote:

I used red/pink arrows to point to the Magen Davids (Star of David, a Jewish symbol).

And I circled The Coon to show how happy he was at all this mayhem. The Coon is smiling and pointing at the murdered Jews and the destroyed Synagogue.

Thank you for pointing out the Synagogue in your post, KennyMcAmazing. I was able to follow up on your post with the following screen cap:

I know I'm not helping, but I just want to point out that the people in the screenshot look like they're running away, not lying on the ground dead. Although there's one you can see in the doorway that's just about to be crushed.

Every religion is mocked and parodied equally.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 2:03 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Brendle wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

Can't wait for Wed!!

I read one of your posts saying you've only recently become a fan of South Park. This would explain why you didn't understand the ending.

Kenny got killed in every South Park episode for the first 5 seasons. Whenever he got killed, Stan would say "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!" and Kyle would usually say "You bastards!"

Then, the next episode, Kenny would reappear, alive, despite having been killed in the previous episode.

Mysterion was revealed to be Kenny, and Kenny reveals that his super-power is immortality (he can't die), which explains the whole running joke. He explains that every time he was "killed," he would wake up in his bed in his orange hood, and nobody would ever remember he died.

At the end of last week's episode, Mysterion (Kenny) was "killed," so he woke up in his bed in the same clothes again, and his friends forgot that he died.

I've seen every episode multiple times so I understand Kenny dying and reappearing all the time. This time just felt... different. It seemed so incomplete. Like it wasn't a normal Kenny death or something..
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 2:22 pm Offline
zzyzx 1 wrote:

Hi KennyMcAmazing. Pleased to meet you :) I too am Jewish.

200 & 201 were removed from this site, as was Season 5's Super Best Friends because Matt and Trey's life were threatned if even just the image of Muhammad was shown.

An analogy is I may like red, you may like green. Each has their own opinion. It doesn't matter. An image of Muhammad caused CC to remove certain episodes because of death threats, but the Synagogue scene was aired because no Jew or anyone else or any other group threatened M&T's life. And while it is expected that some scenes from South Park do get some people upset while others laugh their heads off at the same scene (such has always been the nature of South Park), the Synagogue scene made me very uneasy. It reminded me of stories I heard of my ancestors being killed by Hitler. People whose descendants would today be about my age, and hopefully would not only be my relatives but would also be more friends for me to have :(

That being said, the scene you described, KennyMcAmazing, did bother me. I made a screen cap of it. I was going to merely place a link here, but instead I will post the pic here. Be sure to "right-click" to see the entire image.

EDIT: I decided to make it a link instead of just posting the screen cap.

In addition, after Breast Cancer Show Ever, the post-air thread had many posts dealing with how Cartman would be treated now that he was beat up by a girl (Wendy) and that Cartman would never be looked upon in the same way again. That speculation turned out not to be accurate. The show (South Park) continued, and the fact that Wendy beat the crap out of Cartman meant nothing anymore.

But here, with this Synagogue scene, I for one will not look at Cartman the same ever again after this. But that's just me and others on this board. And even others will have different opinions. That's cool. That's diversitiy. I'm sure everyone here has a favorite scene from SP, and their worst scene. This is my worst scene. Will I continue to watch SP? Sure! Just because I don't like one scene doesn't take away from all the enjoyment South Park has given to me over the years, and in the years to come, including this episode and all the Coon/Mysterion episodes :)

MOT!!!!! XD

But on a serious note... I really do agree with you. I was a bit afraid I was just overreacting because I'm Jewish and then post here and have a bunch of people telling me to "f off". What you said rings true with me. Basically I saw that I and my heart dropped. My brother and I just watched that part and looked at each other and said, "ooh. Uh..."

And you're right. MnT can get away with it, because you're not going to see a hoard of Chassidic rabbis using AK47s on the South Park studios (though personally I'd find it hilarious if they did... XD jkkkkk)

It just felt a bit too close to the Holocaust. Nazi's DID do that sort of thing to Jewish synogogue.

I'm still probably going to look at Cartman the same way. I realized he was completely evil after he made Scott Tennerman eat his parents =P I've just always thought that his "hatred" for Jews was, well, "hatred" not actual hatred. Just like I think that he doesn't really hate Kyle. They just are rivals.

It was just one picture. But it wasn't funny. It begins and ends there. Some Jew jokes are funny (a lot are), and some just aren't.

Still, aside from that one blip, loved the episodes overall.

Oh and just to clarify, I don't think that they're antisemetic =P And I realize they make fun of everybody. Equal offensiveness ftw! Still. It's a hit or miss situation and in my opinion it was a miss.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 5:44 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
KennyMcAmazing wrote:
MOT!!!!! XD

But on a serious note... I really do agree with you. I was a bit afraid I was just overreacting because I'm Jewish and then post here and have a bunch of people telling me to "f off". What you said rings true with me. Basically I saw that I and my heart dropped. My brother and I just watched that part and looked at each other and said, "ooh. Uh..."

And you're right. MnT can get away with it, because you're not going to see a hoard of Chassidic rabbis using AK47s on the South Park studios (though personally I'd find it hilarious if they did... XD jkkkkk)

It just felt a bit too close to the Holocaust. Nazi's DID do that sort of thing to Jewish synogogue.

I'm still probably going to look at Cartman the same way. I realized he was completely evil after he made Scott Tennerman eat his parents =P I've just always thought that his "hatred" for Jews was, well, "hatred" not actual hatred. Just like I think that he doesn't really hate Kyle. They just are rivals.

It was just one picture. But it wasn't funny. It begins and ends there. Some Jew jokes are funny (a lot are), and some just aren't.

Still, aside from that one blip, loved the episodes overall.

Oh and just to clarify, I don't think that they're antisemetic =P And I realize they make fun of everybody. Equal offensiveness ftw! Still. It's a hit or miss situation and in my opinion it was a miss.

Yes, KennyMcAmazing, I agree. I saw that scene of the destroyed Synagogue, and it did bother me. And I agree: no anti-semitism here.

Equal offensiveness ftw! <=== Agreed :)

neocarleen wrote:
I know I'm not helping, but I just want to point out that the people in the screenshot look like they're running away, not lying on the ground dead. Although there's one you can see in the doorway that's just about to be crushed.

Every religion is mocked and parodied equally.

Yeah, now that I look again, I do see people running away. However, my eye during the original airing went to one and only one individual for some reason; and that guy's depiction led me to believe he was dead as was his companions. The guy I'm talking about is this guy that I put one orange arrow pointing at him.

But you're right, neocarleen, now, looking at that scene again, I think they are running. But still, that one guy . . . .

EDIT:

Also, during the original airing, that scene went by so fast that in my mind's eye it looked as if everyone was dead in that scene and Cartman/Coon was so happy. Looking now at that scene as a still pic is much different then seeing that scene go by in a blink of an eye during the original airing of the episode.

Sort by  
Page 21 of 25 373 posts Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next