Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 22 of 25 373 posts Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 8:15 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
I would also like to note that I don't think any of the comic book style stills with Cartman and Cthulhu actually happened. I think they were just Cartman's fantasies of what he could do. He was just daydreaming as he rode around on Cthulhu's back.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Nov 09, 2010 11:15 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Stanluv25 wrote:
Brendle wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
Just watched it a 2nd time. I love it even more! Cartman acting cute is just- cute. He does have his moments as wrong as they are. Love how hardcore the kindergarten goth is XD. I am still wondering wtf the ending meant. Kenny died... yet returned in his bed. I- there has to be more to it. It wasn't an ending.

Can't wait for Wed!!

I read one of your posts saying you've only recently become a fan of South Park. This would explain why you didn't understand the ending.

Kenny got killed in every South Park episode for the first 5 seasons. Whenever he got killed, Stan would say "Oh my god! They killed Kenny!" and Kyle would usually say "You bastards!"

Then, the next episode, Kenny would reappear, alive, despite having been killed in the previous episode.

Mysterion was revealed to be Kenny, and Kenny reveals that his super-power is immortality (he can't die), which explains the whole running joke. He explains that every time he was "killed," he would wake up in his bed in his orange hood, and nobody would ever remember he died.

At the end of last week's episode, Mysterion (Kenny) was "killed," so he woke up in his bed in the same clothes again, and his friends forgot that he died.

I've seen every episode multiple times so I understand Kenny dying and reappearing all the time. This time just felt... different. It seemed so incomplete. Like it wasn't a normal Kenny death or something..

The reason it was "different" is because it's the first time they actually showed what happens to Kenny right after he dies: he wakes up in his bed in the same clothes.

They never showed that in all the other Kenny deaths. That's the whole joke.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 1:30 pm Offline
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:27 pm211
Brendle wrote:
The reason it was "different" is because :it's the first time they actually showed what happens to Kenny right after he dies he wakes up in his bed in the same clothes.

Excuse me? Did you catch the South Park movie? How about the Holy PSP episode? They've showed what happens to Kenny right after he dies more than once already. Even Mysterion says that, he just adds that he eventually ends up back in his bed - not that that happens to him immediately after every death.
Timmy!
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 3:06 pm Offline
Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:27 pm211
neocarleen wrote:
I would also like to note that I don't think any of the comic book style stills with Cartman and Cthulhu actually happened. I think they were just Cartman's fantasies of what he could do. He was just daydreaming as he rode around on Cthulhu's back.

Probably correct. Being part "Joo" myself though, I really have to take issue with anyone who is offended by this episode, especially any long time South Park fans. How this episode could remind anyone of actual historical events is just beyond my understanding for one thing - I don't remember the Coon riding Cthulhu's back in any history books. Cartman and others have been indifferent to death/mayhem since the series started, but now people are offended when Cthulhu is about to crush people because they are Jewish? Again it's just beyond my understanding how this can possibly be an issue for any rational person who gets this show.
Timmy!
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 6:28 pm Offline
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:44 pm32
nwt000 wrote:
A picture I found of the episode. Mintberry Crunch!

Found this on the pre air discussion of Coon vs Coon and friends ;o
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 6:44 pm Offline
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 pm66
LilNugget wrote:
neocarleen wrote:

Probably correct. Being part "Joo" myself though, I really have to take issue with anyone who is offended by this episode, especially any long time South Park fans. How this episode could remind anyone of actual historical events is just beyond my understanding for one thing - I don't remember the Coon riding Cthulhu's back in any history books. Cartman and others have been indifferent to death/mayhem since the series started, but now people are offended when Cthulhu is about to crush people because they are Jewish? Again it's just beyond my understanding how this can possibly be an issue for any rational person who gets this show.

I'm not saying I'm offended. It's not really an issue. It just wasn't funny, and I winced a bit at the image.

But it's very dense to say "I don't remember the coon riding Cthulhu's back in any history books".
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm Offline
Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:17 pm33Maine, USA
My favorite lines of the entire 3-part series was in 1412:

"Dude, Mysterion, it's your parents!"

[kid voice] "What the f*ck?"

[akwardly clears throat, adopts raspy voice] "I mean, what the f*ck?"

Laughed out loud every time I saw that scene.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 17, 2010 6:34 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
neocarleen wrote:

Never mind.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 17, 2010 6:57 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
scottync wrote:
My favorite lines of the entire 3-part series was in 1412:

"Dude, Mysterion, it's your parents!"

[kid voice] "What the f*ck?"

[akwardly clears throat, adopts raspy voice] "I mean, what the f*ck?"

Laughed out loud every time I saw that scene.

lol, me too. That was so funny :lol:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 17, 2010 11:08 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
LilNugget wrote:
Brendle wrote:
The reason it was "different" is because :it's the first time they actually showed what happens to Kenny right after he dies he wakes up in his bed in the same clothes.

Excuse me? Did you catch the South Park movie? How about the Holy PSP episode? They've showed what happens to Kenny right after he dies more than once already. Even Mysterion says that, he just adds that he eventually ends up back in his bed - not that that happens to him immediately after every death.

Yes, Kenny went to Hell in the movie and Heaven in the PSP episode, but they have never showed him WAKE UP IN BED after he dies, which is PRECISELY WHAT I SAID.

How about you learn to read?

Oh, and hop off my nuts. Seriously.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
rarr PostThu Dec 02, 2010 11:31 pm Offline
Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:43 am0
that seen is from my nabor totero
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Dec 02, 2010 11:43 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18783I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Dec 03, 2010 4:10 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
WhitneyAppleton wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
A picture I found of the episode. Mintberry Crunch!

Found this on the pre air discussion of Coon vs Coon and friends ;o

Yeah, I saw that too. I was wondering how that was leaked out so early before airing.
PostFri Dec 03, 2010 4:37 pm Offline
Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 am1
Kennys mom: Did that really just happened?...Kennys dad: I dont think so.
PostThu Dec 16, 2010 3:31 pm Offline
Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm0
i love how you guys explained that kennys constant resurrection and no ones memory of his deaths is actually a superpower he has i love how your explaining all the unexplained stuff from back in the days now :D

Sort by  
Page 22 of 25 373 posts Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next