Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 25 373 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 7:59 pm Offline
Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:58 am5
I actually liked this episode (there has never been an SP episode that I didn't remotely like.) and I kind of died when Stan was like, "Dude, Kenny, chill out." I can't finish my homework now..
I love the Goth kids. Who cares if they're evil, they're friggin awesome!
And I feel bad for poor Kenny..
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm Offline
Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm27
evan331 wrote:
I'm sorry... but really, South Park? This is obviously not the first bad episode of South Park. But this episode... it was just STUPID. It wasn't even funny. There weren't even any attempts to BE funny.

What the f*ck?

Are all south park episodes meant to be funny? What about kenny dies? Did you laugh when he was dying?
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 8:01 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
evan331 wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
7.9/10
Third act saved the show and the Nike LeBron parody was awesome. Also as much as I hate fatass, I loved his song in the third act and the visuals of him and Cthulhu destroying a synagouge, a bus full of hippies, and San Francisco, where the World Series champions are from. I can not wait for 1413.

But a year from now when the episode airs again, is anyone even going to remember the LeBron commercial? Was that commercial that significant?

I dunno, even if you hadn't seen the commercial I think it would work. It fit in pretty well.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 8:48 pm Offline
Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:44 am1
I did not see that coming. SP tricked me when Bradley (MintBerryCrunch) had a glass of water in front of him in the last episode. Very clever guys
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 8:55 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm19
I have to admit, i also thought SP was nearing the end. Good episodes were few and far between, especially with the summer summer brake they always take. I didn't like the first half of season 14 that much, but the second half has KICKED ASS! Especially this episode! I LOVED the Totoro reference! But, I knew it would be a hit or miss thing. Anime is still a niche thing, so even a reference to one of the most famous animes would still go over the heads of a lot of people. But it was still REALLY well done and if you did get the joke you would have been laughing your ass off!

And, of course, KENNY! :unhoodedkenny:
I knew it was him, I've known since the original "the coon." That's just his type of thing to do, he's saved the world before why WOULDN'T he be a super hero! Plus he really couldn't have been any of the others, Mysterion was the only one who suited his personality. I like backstory episodes, they really make it seem like South Park is a well put together, smart show that cares about their characters.(not that it isn't, but some episodes are REALLY stupid) I love the normal episodes, but to many normal episodes in a row can make the scheme seem tired, they NEED episodes like this to hold the universe together!

Oh, and I liked the parody of the LeBron commercial and mad love for the goth kids.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 8:56 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:44 pm1
Brilliant episode!

I'm excited for the conclusion, as I have been for this entire season. I actually think this is easily their best season (so far) since 8 or 9.

The Mysterion reveal, perfect. I love that they're finally bringing some light to one of the most bizarre paradigms of the show's history with the 'can't die' superpower. It makes me wonder if the next episode won't finally result in the end of Kenny altogether.

The reveal of Kyle as "The Human Kite" (which coincidentally sounds A LOT like another word that is disparaging to Jews) was perfectly done, only by him saying "You bastards!" I love that.

The Lebron commercial: sure I won't remember that commercial a year or two from now. But if I watch this episode again, it will remind me, and I will LOL twice as hard as I did this time. Jokes that bring you back to a place in time are always special.

There are lots of ways they could finish this... I love where they've taken it thus far! I love this season, and I think South Park is at a real high point right now, after the last few sub-par seasons.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 9:07 pm Offline
Thu May 27, 2010 11:01 pm17
exiledwriter wrote:
I did not see that coming. SP tricked me when Bradley (MintBerryCrunch) had a glass of water in front of him in the last episode. Very clever guys

Maybe that was supposed to be suggesting Mint Berry Crunch's power (or weakness!). The other kids were drinking what appeared to be chocolate milk. Mint Berry Crunch may only use milk for his power - or maybe it makes him weak and soggy! :D
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 9:12 pm Offline
Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:10 am2
heh, my fav south park character just went up a few notches. not the funniest episode but i think it was needed. with rumors of the series wrapping up next season this was some good closure for kenny's story and actually allowed us some insight on what he really thought of it all.

it also shows that kenny does have a bit of a devious side and is pretty damn intelligent (not just a nascar fanboy with an addiction to playboys). very chill
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 9:20 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
been a while since i posted. so happy they gave kenny something special, and noted his 'immortality'. as much as i'm not a super hero guy, so i'm not digging these episodes, i truly love how the episode plot and characters can draw me into an episode i'd otherwise dislike.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 9:32 pm Offline
Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 pm51
Kenny's parents went to those Ctuhulu meetings 10 years ago, right? well Kenny's 9 so maybe that has something to do with his power. They were drunk after all, whos to say something didn't happen there. It could have been some culty seance or something.

Either that, or when you drink way to much during a pregnency the birth defect is immortality. lmao
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 9:36 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I liked this episode. I wouldn't say it was funnier than the others - I giggled once or twice - but I said from the start that Kenny was Mysterion, and it's kinda neat that he actually gets to play a role lately, even though still concealed and using a different voice.

I'm glad the McCormick's got parts, too. We never get to see much of them.

I'd give it an 8/10.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 9:39 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:21 pm1
I just can't believe they turned cthulhu into totoro with those references
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 9:43 pm Offline
Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:54 am7
Soon we will all be under the rule of the mighty Cthulhu ... How dare they make him like Falcor from the Neverending story.

How dare you make fun of our Religion soon our dark lord will come and you will pay as he slowly drives you into madness.

Mysterion will never stop him..

lol just kidding freaking great episode...
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:54 pm2
Oh man, I loved that Totoro reference. It's a shame not many other people got it.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
I don't ever say this, which has kept me happy, but I'm gonna say it now- This episode was stupid.

And I don't mean stupid in a "hahaha that was so lame it was awesome and hilarious! way". It was just stupid. I feel deceived. The only good part was Cartman actually being "cute". That was funny. But the whole "Nah I'm gonna just keep being a dick" part sounded like a line from a fanfic. And Kenny as Mysterion? Okay, let Kenny be Mysterion. But don't mislead us to the point where it's literally being pointed out that another character (Mint Berry Crunch) "might be Kenny instead". Let us think that, sure, but trying so hard to convince us that character "might actually be Kenny" to the point where he has half his face covered and has a glass of water sitting in front of him and hardly speaks is stupid. It went from "experienced script writer" to "twelve year old that thinks they can write a plot".

Dude, I bow to Matt and Trey and live for new episodes of South Park. But this episode was just stupid. It was funny when Mysterion just showed up as one of the super hero's in the gang. But the second part shouldn't have been the big "reveal" of who it is. Last season's Coon episode isn't funny anymore. : ( Now we know Mysterion is Kenny. You may as well just kill him now. He's no longer Kenny. He's Mysterion.

I hate you guys.
I don't have a signature

Sort by  
Page 4 of 25 373 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next