Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 25 373 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:06 pm Offline
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 pm30
I know this has aired on the East Coast but when I read the description last week I thought "Mysterion already showed his identity to everyone in South Park" this ep. Will only allow the viewers to find out who Mysterion is. Kind of lame. But hopefully this ep. Will make the Coon's legacy complete.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 pm Offline
Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:17 am10
I'm really indifferent to this episode. This is by far the worst multi part episodes South Park has ever done. I still found ways to enjoy it though.

Kenny being Mysterion was predictable, I was hoping it wouldn't be, but all the stuff with Kenny was great.

Cartman and Cthulu just made me feel uncomfortable and confused.

The goth kids being involved in the evil cult was alright I guess, no praise or complaints from me about it. Anyone else notice that Nelson was a part of the cult?

I liked Captain Hindsight the first episode, but this was just really odd.

Not enough DP references for me either, could have really made it funnier.

They need to do a lot to improve this multi parter.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:12 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
willowrose wrote:
But don't mislead us to the point where it's literally being pointed out that another character (Mint Berry Crunch) "might be Kenny instead". Let us think that, sure, but trying so hard to convince us that character "might actually be Kenny" to the point where he has half his face covered and has a glass of water sitting in front of him and hardly speaks is stupid. It went from "experienced script writer" to "twelve year old that thinks they can write a plot".

In the grand scheme of things, I doubt very many people at all lost sleep over trying to figure out whether or not Mint Berry Crunch was Kenny. Anyone who watches the show regularly and knows the characters is at least vaguely familiar with Bradley, and the fact that he was MBC should have been evident. Trying hard to figure out who was who may have been prevalent on here, but almost nowhere else, I'm sure. The whole thing with the water at the restaurant......I didn't even give it any notice until someone else (I think Z) brought it up. Plus, Kenny has a distinct, dishevelled hairstyle not at all similar to Bradley's bowl cut. It's funny how one can confuse the two.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:39 pm Offline
Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm9
I figured since I sh*t on Insheeption, I should give South Park praise here. That episode was amazing, totally made up for the rest of the season. The Totoro song in particular had me cracking the f*ck up.

And Kenny! They finally addressed it! I figured an explanation to the running joke about his death was plausible without shattering continuity, but I never expected them to actually do it.

Much love for this episode.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:42 pm Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 am5
Wow there's already people saying that this episode was stupid? I found this episode to be intriguing and much better than the previous one which was great also. I don't understand why people are making a fuss about south park being unfunny or being ruined for them. Guess what, these characters belong to Matt and Trey and not to you guys. Matt and Trey can do whatever they like with their characters and I'll always be a fan. I don't watch the show hoping for a million laughs, I watch it because South Park is a show with interesting characters and storylines that I want to follow. I don't care about the amount of jokes in every scene, I just want to see what happens next and that's the true definition of being a South Park fan.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
Niels0827 wrote:

... Plus, Kenny has a distinct, dishevelled hairstyle not at all similar to Bradley's bowl cut. It's funny how one can confuse the two.

His hair actually didn't look like Kenny's at all. I agree with that and I should have known better. I agree with your whole comment actually. I think once I watch the episode again I'll "get it" more but the "water sitting in front of MBC" is what annoyed me. I'll be completely honest here, I didn't notice that either. It wasn't until I saw someone else bring it up that it actually irked me. And I did wrong by not confirming it before complaining about it, but since it's evidently true, I'm standing true to my complaint.

I really don't think anyone is losing sleep over it either. But I'm still annoyed by it. It's really super hard to explain. Plenty of people were confused over MBC. And I'm sure plenty of those same people do watch the show regularly. And South Park gives everyone the big ole Screw You to everyone most the time anyway and does things it's own way which is why we're all so fond of it. But when it comes to, ... okay, I really don't want to start some huge firestorm here, so I'm going to try to say this without confusing anyone. But when it comes to storytelling, there's a way to tease without deceiving. And what got me all worked up was the water thing, which again, I still haven't actually seen with my own eyes. But since people WERE debating 3 of the characters, (MBC, THK and Mosquito), it's funny to tease the audience without putting such an obvious stamp on it. Does that sorta make sense? The ONLY characters I was confused about was MBC and Mysterion. Even though I should have known better because of the hair, I still wasn't sure if Bradly was Mysterion and Kenny was MBC or the other way around. And the whole thing is funny (or at least was) but when you take a glass of water and sit it in front of a character and it's completely OUT of character for that character to have water when everyone else has milk or soda or whatever, yet it's the other character's "thing", that's not funny anymore. That's putting "the stamp" on that character. ... I might be explaining it in a confusing way but that's what irked me. It has nothing to do with "Kenny is actually Mysterion", it has to do with "that really wasn't all that fun". Because it wasn't. It was lame. Unless they can explain why MBC was suddenly poor like Kenny and could only have water.

With that said, I've since done some thinking and have a little bit of a better understanding of why that happened. Someone else mentioned it in a comment and explained that maybe MBC had water because milk would destroy his powers. 'Cause he's cereal.

But anyway, that's my big argument. The water thing isn't "hahaha oh you got me there!" but more "wait, that was just lazy." It's like "I can't think of anything else to tease so let's just throw some water there and make it make no sense in the long run." Aside from deceiving.

MEH. The episode annoyed me so I'm going to nitpick it. Tomorrow I'll probably watch it again and enjoy it so whatever. Let's hope.

ps, and also I didn't like the whole "explanation about the Kenny dies and comes back to life joke". They pulled that out of their butt thinking it'd be funny and it's not. It actually makes the previous seasons about Kenny dying all the time not as fun. :timmy:
I don't have a signature
Last edited by willowrose on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:43 pm Offline
Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:43 pm30
Are you f*cking serious? A three parter. I'm sorry to say it but they just got lazy as sh*t the past two or three years. SP can still be the greatest show on TV and I love the characters but looking at the last 3 seasons on Netflix I can't bring myself to actually spend the time to watch about 40% of the episodes. I thought last week that SP could have actually made the Coon a subject of a movie but that the episode completely ended it. God I really don't want SP to turn into the Simpsons. I really think they need to spend more than 3 days writing and being so worries about being able to be on the same week as the latest pop culture moment. The oil spill was in May and ended in august, this ep. Could really have encompassed some of part one and cut out the filler two make the entire saga 2 episodes. Not as bad as Pandemic because I did laugh at certain parts but overall I think maybe M&T just don't have their hearts in it after the debacle of the Muhammad episodes. Still extremely entertaining at times but I'm getting skeptical that SP has a future. Sad, but all great things must come to an end. That being said I can still always go back and watch the entire series and appreciate the genius which M&T have brought for the better part of 15 years.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:45 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Let me break it down.

If you thought Mysterion was Clyde, you're not a South Park fan, plain and simple. Any South Park fan knows Mysterion was voiced by MATT STONE, leaving Kenny as the only possibility (Kyle couldn't be Mysterion).

Now, the big mistake here is that Mosquito was voiced by MATT STONE, and is actually Clyde, who is normally voiced by TREY PARKER. That was stupid.

Haven't seen the episode yet. But this is a THREE-PARTER? Usually you dedicate 3 episodes to a good idea. There are no ideas in these episodes worth writing three scripts about.

Mysterion's super power being immortality was a sweet idea (I saw another poster predict it on this site) to explain all of Kenny's deaths.

Disappointed by the fact that there are MORE f*cking parodies. Jesus Christ...how lazy do you want to get? It's like they're so reluctant to write their own plots these days that they turn the TV/Internet on looking for things to parody.

P.S.: To the guy complaining about the water, get over it, dude. The water probably wasn't even intentionally misleading people. People other than Kenny drink water. Hard to believe, I know.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:56 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:48 pm1
I think a lot of people missed the reference with the Cartman / Chtulu belly rub incident. That was a scene from a Japanese animation film "My Neighbor Totoro". Its a kids film, and actually a very good one at that. The song at the end was from the film too. It was totally unexpected, and totally blew my mind. That and the part where the said "Kenny, why did you run away last night?"
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 pm Offline
Brendle wrote:

P.S.: To the guy complaining about the water, get over it, dude. The water probably wasn't even intentionally misleading people. People other than Kenny drink water. Hard to believe, I know.

But guess what? If he was the only character sitting at the table with water, it wasn't just because he wanted water. It actually was put there for a reason because these little cartoon characters aren't actually people.

But I'm pretty much over it. Because I think I blew it all out of proportion and misunderstood (although I still haven't gone back to watch that scene. Is Mysterion at the table too? Does he have milk, soda or water?) I'm pretty positive MBC had water because milk was his kryptonite.

And it WAS dumb that Matt voiced Clyde. .. UGH. One more "lame thing" for me to bitch about.
I don't have a signature
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 10:59 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 11:00 pm Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 am5
Jake, M'kay? wrote:
Wow, this is already getting a lot of hate. I personally loved it. Cartman befreinding the dark lord Cthulhu? Sweet. Fleshing out Kenny's repeating deaths? Cool. Finally revealing who all the superheros are so all of you will quit bitching? Awesome.

I agree. Too many people want south park to be their own personal fanfic when they don't understand the thought process and hard work that goes on in making new episodes. I really doubt these forum users can do any better than Matt and Trey who have been able to keep south park funny and relevant for so many years.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:

^^ win :cartmanlaugh:
I don't have a signature
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm Offline
Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm9
misposted, too lazy to re-write my comment, nevermind.
Last edited by FreeWillzyx83 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1412: Mysterion Rises* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 03, 2010 11:03 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Brendle wrote:
If you thought Mysterion was Clyde, you're not a South Park fan

Oh shut up already.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 5 of 25 373 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next