Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 20 of 25 369 posts Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 17, 2010 9:24 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
M00ndragon69 wrote:
thought the line about how Cthulu being a big dissappointment was like "Obama all over again"was hilarious...

Hate to use their own coined term against them, but this was such a "derp" joke.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
PostWed Nov 17, 2010 3:20 pm Offline
Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:21 am0
I have powers bitch :D
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'm going to post it here anyways:

What exactly did Kenny's parents get arrested for?
I'm pretty sure just the act of being in a cult isn't illegal, and if it was, the police should have busted them again since the first raid. They've been meeting the exact same time in the exact same place for over ten years.

They must have done something illegal and worthy of a mass arrest.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 17, 2010 8:15 pm Offline
Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 pm2
kwolfshowl@aol.com wrote:
(like that scene in Cartmanland where Eric says "oh, Kenny? He dies all the time!)

:lol: Though, if people wanted to have fun with it, (and read into things FAR more then what a normal person should for a show of this nature) . . . then it could be pointed out, that Cartman wasn't around when Kenny was shooting himself and ranting about his "power." It could be very possible Cartman does remember, but he's such a selfish dick that he never considered it important to say anything to his friends. :wink:
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 17, 2010 8:31 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
neocarleen wrote:
I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I'm going to post it here anyways:

What exactly did Kenny's parents get arrested for?
I'm pretty sure just the act of being in a cult isn't illegal, and if it was, the police should have busted them again since the first raid. They've been meeting the exact same time in the exact same place for over ten years.

They must have done something illegal and worthy of a mass arrest.

Drugs mostly; and being under the influence of alcohol, domestic violence, stuff like that. Not for being in a cult. But for public intoxication at the cult meetings with the free beer :)
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 1:09 am Offline
Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:01 pm1Canada, eh buddy!
I gotta say, I rly liked these three eps; personally I'm a fan of epic, interesting, narrative based storylines that develop characters and plots while being hilarious.

This three-parter was great... up into the last 3 minutes or whatever, when it turns out the entire build-up towards finding out what the story is behind Kenny's powers... Turns into a bait-n-switch piece of crap about Mintberry Crunch being actually a superhero alien!? Thats bullcrap!

And oh! Cursed uterus from the cult added as a lame afterthought? Thats it? After nearly an hour of an actual deep storyline!?

Why did the cultists do that? Why does no one remember? If hes being reborn in a new body every time, why does he retain his memories? How does he get everyone to remember or stop it from happening? Is there a curse on him to MAKE him get killed, or is it the parka, or what? Is the parka part of the uterus curse?

If you want to do a story driven hour long saga, don't use a lame-wad gimmick to end it! If this were a 22 minute self-contained episode where its in and out and thats that, fine. Do a stupid switcheroo at the end making the whole 21 minutes prior feel useless. But not a 66 minute freaking saga THIS EPIC!!!

Sigh /rantover.

Still seriously disappointed with what could have been great storytelling literally ending up as minty afterbirth...

If you want to know what I love, in the field of hilarious comedic series with an intensely epic story tying it all together: Red vs Blue.

Best. Series. Ever.... Of all time.
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every god damn minute of it!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 6:33 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Deos wrote:
This three-parter was great... up into the last 3 minutes or whatever, when it turns out the entire build-up towards finding out what the story is behind Kenny's powers... Turns into a bait-n-switch piece of crap about Mintberry Crunch being actually a superhero alien!? Thats bullcrap!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Deos wrote:
If you want to do a story driven hour long saga, don't use a lame-wad gimmick to end it! If this were a 22 minute self-contained episode where its in and out and thats that, fine. Do a stupid switcheroo at the end making the whole 21 minutes prior feel useless. But not a 66 minute freaking saga THIS EPIC!!!

Sigh /rantover.

Still seriously disappointed with what could have been great storytelling literally ending up as minty afterbirth...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is exactly why the MintBerry Crunch twist was genius. It pissed off a hell of a lot of people.

None of us were expecting that stupid kid Bradley with the half-human, half-berry costume to actually be a superhero and be an alien. LMAO.

"You must learn to harness the power of mint and berry with a satisfying crunch." :lol: :lol:
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 7:03 am Offline
Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:10 am67CA
All three episodes were good IMO
Twins I[status:chapters 1 and 2 are up more coming]
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 8:00 am Offline
Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:48 am7
Jezus Crissst :gaykenny:

This episode is over and we are all pissed off. Good job MnT, you have caught everyone's attention.

With Kenny back in his parka and everything back to the strange state SP calls normal, we best leave this topic alone. :mrgreen:

I'm tired, guys. Think I'll go to bed... *shoots self in head*
Kenny: Pretty cool? Do you know what it's like being shot at, burned, torn apart, run over, stabbed?!
Stan: Dude, Kenny, calm down!
Kenny: It's not cool, dude; it f*cking hurts!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 8:44 am Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
Wow, to how many fans Mintberry Crunch made. He's even made fans outside of this Forum. I'm so happy for him. :D
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 1:24 pm Offline
Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 pm11
Quote:
This is exactly why the Mint Berry Crunch twist was genius. It pissed off a hell of a lot of people.

That's kinda a stupid thought. Usually if something pisses off over 80% the viewers, it usually means ya F!@# up.

Not to mention, they ruined the story with one of the worst possible characters. They could have made him an awesome bad ass /sarcasm. There are rules about these characters, and he broke every single one.

If you would like to hear about these rules post, type background characters below.

Also, WHAT THE HELL happened to Captain Hindsight? It was hinted he would come back.
Death to the MBC!
Long Live the Real awesome characters!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 1:57 pm Offline
Mint Berry Crunch is a Mary Sue and needs to be destroyed!
Death to the MBC!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 2:01 pm Offline
Rules for an awesome bad ass background character.

1. They are, and always shall be, a background character.
They are called background for a reason.

2. They shall appear outta nowhere and do only what is necessary to them
Example: Scruffy the Janitor Image

3. Their actions are stronger then their words.
Example: Doug Image

4.They never step out of the background

5. They are to never try to be awesome, they just are, And they shall never exploit that.
Rule Breaker for BOTH: Mint berry Crunch Image
Death to the MBC!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 3:31 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
Deos wrote:

If you want to know what I love, in the field of hilarious comedic series with an intensely epic story tying it all together: Red vs Blue.

Best. Series. Ever.... Of all time.

Wow, another Red vs. Blue fan! Awesome!
So, you remember the whole running gag they had with Church's ghost in earlier seasons? Then they "Did in the Wizard" by re-addressing it and explaining it. It was awesome and extremely well done.

I was expecting South Park to do the same thing here with Kenny, but... they didn't...
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 4:17 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Fancy Joe wrote:
Also, WHAT THE HELL happened to Captain Hindsight? It was hinted he would come back.

If you didn't notice, he went back to news reporting.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 20 of 25 369 posts Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next