Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 25 369 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I think the abrupt ending narrated by Bradley was to illustrate that, despite everything that's happened, they're still only "pretending" to be superheroes, and none of that stuff in the episode actually happened in the "real world".

That wouldn't explain Bradley suddenly disappearing and leaving behind a trail of fresh, crunchy mint berries, but it's still a thought. They could have been making up that part, too.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Just when I think I know what's going to happen... Mint Berry Crunch.

At first I'm supremely disappointed Mysterion didn't get to kick some ass. But for the sake of comedy it may have been the right move. As to the actual conclusion, it was quite rushed and that speed detracted from it's satisfaction. Although it was still great seeing Fatass in the same 'jail' that he himself put Butters in.

Fatass behaving like cat is weird, but not as weird as the anime thingy from last week. It was funnier than it was weird. I also felt like we lost track of the rest of the Friends at the end. Like it just needed one shot of them hiding out somewhere.

It was clever to merge Kenny's resurrection ability between the Cult of Cthulu and the half-ass explanation from Cartman joins NAMBLA. No loose ends dangling there.

All told, I'm pretty happy with this trilogy. The exploration of Kenny's rebirth makes it more interesting than the Imaginationland trilogy.

Well anyway, good job with all the comic book stuff and animating Cthulu. Time to engage in a little self-flagellation; in other words, read more episode reviews here. ;)
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:46 pm Offline
Tue May 03, 2005 11:55 am3485Awesomeville
Meh, this whole trilogy was a little above average, had some good moments, but overall just ok. I am really glad that they didn't explain Kenny(Also that they linked it to the NAMBLA episode ending, was worried they had forgotten about it) and that was probably the best way they could end something like that.
Setting the standard since 1852
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:47 pm Offline
Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm27
AngusMcTavish wrote:
bmoreravens12 wrote:
So, is the kenny we seen in Cartman Gets an Anal Probe not the same kenny we seen in this episode? I confused now.

Of course he is! There can be only one Kenny.

I've heard of the "Circle of Life" before, but he redefines it!

:lol:

Lol Good.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:48 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
I think we got trolled.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:48 pm Offline
Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:44 pm32
Meeeeh I can't see it yet!
Was Justin Bieber on canadian style, or normal one?
Because it'd be cool if it was canadian, just sayin'~
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 pm Offline
Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm52
Lol @ Cartman singing George Michaels. I knew they were going to do that eventually.

This was going to be the best episode but then they had to do the ending like that. :(

Kenny is a baby? Then why does he wake up in his bed as 9 years old every time?
I'm confused!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:49 pm Offline
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 pm66
Hydroleaf wrote:
Poor Kenny... His friends still don't know.

I guess that is what really bothers me the most. The fact that Kenny's going through all this crap and now he thought he had a chance to find some answers, and... nothing. Now's he's just this suicidal kid, whose friends will never remember his deaths.

Seriously. Will Kenny just go back to being the orange hooded character he was before? He's shown too much personality, and depth, and conflict. I hope that his character continues to be utilized as it was during the Mysterion episodes.

The ending was disappointing and rushed.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm27
WhitneyAppleton wrote:
Meeeeh I can't see it yet!
Was ****** ****** on canadian style, or normal one?
Because it'd be cool if it was canadian, just sayin'~

No I don't think so.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:50 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm19
KennyMcAmazing wrote:
And you can't just have Kenny going back to regular old Kenny after this. He's probably going to keep shooting himself.

I agree, after all that MnT put us through they can't go back to regular Kenny. No way in hell.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:51 pm Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:30 pm1
SAVIA QUE KENNY ERA MYSTERION
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:51 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
djs89 wrote:
Lol @ Cartman singing George Michaels. I knew they were going to do that eventually.

This was going to be the best episode but then they had to do the ending like that. :(

I'm confused!

I also asked this question to someone else a few minutes ago, but it doesn't have to make sense. He woke up as a baby in "Cartman Joins NAMBLA", evidently for the "fifty-second" time.
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
Man, overall terrible trilogy continuing a mediocre stand-alone episode, but the ending was great.

The whole time I was wondering why they didn't make Mint-Berry Crunch Butters (I just figured they wrote him with Butters in mind, but then decided to keep him Professor Chaos for continuity's sake), but now I think I see why--the twist with MBC being actually having superpowers would have been weird. Best ending in a long time.

Still, felt overall sloppy--what was the point of BP/DP and Captain Hindsight? The whole concept just seemed like "Hey, remember that oil spill? What if there was a guy just saying what they should have done instead? And wouldn't it be so funny if one of the most iconic symbols of ultimate evil was combined with some of the cutest moments in animation?! Oh, and instead of the oil spill, let's do LeBron references!"

However, I am so glad they kept Kenny's death a mystery. No, I don't think that talking about it constitutes jumping the shark or "RUINS THE SERIES FOREVER!!!" It's just that they utterly ruined the punchline of "The Coon" by revealing Mysterion's identity, but this completely rectifies that. I can't wait to see the fandumb whining about how they teased us. :D
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Last edited by Sgt.YatesMonkeyBalls on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 8:52 pm Offline
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 pm66
djs89 wrote:

I'm confused!

I'm guessing super fast growth. I mean, in like 3 seconds he went from being an egg to a 9 month old fetus ready for birth.

I think MnT just like to abuse this character... every writer has one character that they just abuse...
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:00 pm Offline
Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:59 pm16
Good episode, but I'm asking more questions.

1.)How f*cking fast done Kenny age? He must age extremely fast, because he WAKES UP in his bed at age 8, RIGHT AFTER he jumps off of the cliff and impales himself on the spike.

What happened to Hindsight? What was the point of even adding him in if you're going to remove him anyways?

Why doesn't anyone remember Kenny's deaths? That still doesn't explain it.

Why does Kenny have his Mysterious clothes back in his drawer?

Why did that land seem familiar to Kenny?

The LeBron James joke seemed overused, it was like "Yes, we get it, make it go away." Same thing with MBC. He seemed very misplaced, and only used because fans wanted him.

The ending was rapped up VERY quickly, too. I didn't like it. It would have sucked if Kenny sacrificed himself for his friends, but would have some how come back?

I dunno, I just felt really cheated out of a good show.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 25 369 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next