Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 21 of 25 369 posts Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 4:40 pm Offline
Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:55 pm11
Big-Will wrote:
Fancy Joe wrote:
Also, WHAT THE HELL happened to Captain Hindsight? It was hinted he would come back.

If you didn't notice, he went back to news reporting.

I noticed, but it was implied he would return. But not even a sight of him was shown.
Death to the MBC!
Long Live the Real awesome characters!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 18, 2010 6:28 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I'm pretty sure Matt and Trey had different plans for part 3.

What were the complaints about parts 1 and 2:
* Kenny's deaths being explained
* Not funny enough.
* Not Enough Bradley
* Too Much Hindsight

Notice EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE COMPLAINTS was filed out. Seems a bit coincidental to me. Although I'm sure MBC was always intended to come out at the end, I think the dropping of Hindsight was to please complaints, and while I don't think M&T planned a full explanation of Kenny's powers, the quote at the end of the previous episode, I feel, at least would have been explained.

I just think M&T tried to listen to the fans to make the episode better. Bad move if you ask me, because changing a storyline in the middle to please people who haven't actually seen the whole thing yet is bad.

Then again, if you ask me, M&T should never, ever do multi-part episodes again.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 19, 2010 1:16 pm Offline
Quote:

Well Imagination land was one of those, and it turned out epic, so I can't really agree with that.
Death to the MBC!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Fancy Joe wrote:
Quote:

Well Imagination land was one of those, and it turned out epic, so I can't really agree with that.

And don't forget Pandemic.

And 200/201 :)
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 19, 2010 1:41 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
I love all the multi-part episodes. The only one that was okay was Cartoon Wars, simply because it was just Cartman vs Kyle and not enough Stan, so it wasn't funny enough.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 19, 2010 2:41 pm Offline
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Fancy Joe wrote:
Quote:

And don't forget Pandemic.

And 200/201 :)

Well those are more like 2 parters. So they don't really count.

Kill Mint Berry Crunch
Death to the MBC!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Nov 19, 2010 9:38 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:24 pm3
JVM wrote:
changing a storyline in the middle to please people who haven't actually seen the whole thing yet is bad.

The storyline is really good. The only loose end that is not tied up is Captain Hindsight. This mini series is an interesting action packed adventure. It is more of a much more of a drama than a comedy.

I think Captain Hindsight should have come back-even just breifly. He added some laughs to this tale of super heros. With the powers of shoulda, woulda, and coulda, it would have been easy for him to appear before or after Mint Berry Crunch saved the day. Captain Hindsight could have appeared and commented on what BP coulda done differently to stop Catulu, or he could have appeared after Mint Berry Crunch and commented on how Mint Berry Crunch shoulda have fought better.

The day was saved, not thanks to Captain Hindsight :(
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 20, 2010 9:41 am Offline
Kruegster wrote:
....or he could have appeared after Mint Berry Crunch and commented on how Mint Berry Crunch shoulda have fought better.

Or how he ruined the story by being a Mary Sue and how the fans will try and kill him now.

Death to Mint Berry Crunch! He is an evildoer and needs to be brought to justice!
Death to the MBC!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 20, 2010 10:29 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Kruegster wrote:
JVM wrote:
The only loose end that is not tied up is Captain Hindsight.:(

No it's not. He jumped back in his Hindsightinating machine, de- super powered himself, and went back to being a mild-mannered reporter.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 20, 2010 3:16 pm Offline
BRMBug wrote:
Kruegster wrote:
JVM wrote:
The only loose end that is not tied up is Captain Hindsight.:(

No it's not. He jumped back in his Hindsightinating machine, de- super powered himself, and went back to being a mild-mannered reporter.

Once again, implied he would turn back into hindsight at the end of the second episode.
Death to the MBC!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 20, 2010 5:12 pm Offline
Quote:

Congratulations, you've just met the only South Park fan alive who thinks Imaginationland is the most horribly overrated episode ever. You want me to go on a run down of I dislike all of the story arcs?

Quote:
The storyline is really good. The only loose end that is not tied up is Captain Hindsight. This mini series is an interesting action packed adventure. It is more of a much more of a drama than a comedy.

No it was not. Compare each episode. "Coon 2: Hindsight" has a light-hearted but increasingly darker approach as the episode goes on. "Mysterion Rises" is very dark with few jokes. "Coon vs. Coon and Friends" is even more light-hearted than the first, with only darkness in Kenny himself - even the enviroment around him is back to normal.

M&T changed the episode to please fans.

Quote:
Or how he ruined the story by being a Mary Sue and how the fans will try and kill him now.

MBC is not a Gary Stu, and I've only known one fan who wants to kill him.

Quote:
Once again, implied he would turn back into hindsight at the end of the second episode.

'xactly. Not to mention Hindsight still has his chair and can easily turn himself back, even without the retroactive spider. And what about Coulda, Shoulda and Woulda? The only excuse I can see is that Hindsight's purpose was to get rid of Cartman and cause Mysterion's revelation. But M&T usually put a bit more thoughts into it than that.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Nov 20, 2010 5:20 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Fancy Joe wrote:

Just because it's implied doesn't mean you get to see it happen any time soon, if at all.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 21, 2010 9:22 am Offline
JVM wrote:
Quote:

Look into the shadows my friend, there are a lot more of us than you expect.
Also never try to please the fans, because they will never be happy and will always ask for more.
Death to the MBC!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 21, 2010 3:49 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm19
Fancy Joe wrote:
JVM wrote:
Quote:

Yes, there are. When MBC got his "perfect" ending i just about pulled a Kenny. :zombiekenny:
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Nov 21, 2010 3:50 pm Offline
Fancy Joe wrote:
JVM wrote:
Quote:

Also never try to please the fans, because they will never be happy and will always ask for more.

Personally my thoughts on Mint-Berry Crunch are mixed. I love when Matt and Trey expand on minor characters and give them important roles, I really do, but it still pisses me off Kenny got upstaged by him.

And amen to that. These days, every episode tends to please me somehow, no matter how pissed off I seem :P

Sort by  
Page 21 of 25 369 posts Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next