Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 25 369 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:02 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
KennyMcAmazing wrote:
Seriously. Will Kenny just go back to being the orange hooded character he was before? He's shown too much personality, and depth, and conflict. I hope that his character continues to be utilized as it was during the Mysterion episodes.

Agreed. What has struck me the most about this trilogy is the way they've fleshed out Kenny in exciting new ways. His alter ego as Mysterion is him acting out about his home situation. Amazing to think at the end of the 14th season they've stumbled on an untapped gold mine of story ideas. I just hope they realize it.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:06 pm Offline
Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:15 pm1598Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Douchebags.
triplemultiplex wrote:
KennyMcAmazing wrote:
Seriously. Will Kenny just go back to being the orange hooded character he was before? He's shown too much personality, and depth, and conflict. I hope that his character continues to be utilized as it was during the Mysterion episodes.

Agreed. What has struck me the most about this trilogy is the way they've fleshed out Kenny in exciting new ways. His alter ego as Mysterion is him acting out about his home situation. Amazing to think at the end of the 14th season they've stumbled on an untapped gold mine of story ideas. I just hope they realize it.

They won't. I'd put good money he'll be the same old Kenny. Maybe a passing reference, but that's about it.

I like how the DP and Hindsight plots were just kind of forgotten.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:07 pm Offline
Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm52
I guess they didn't want to have the predictable and cool ending we all wanted, with Kenny coming from another dimension and all that. Instead they decided to make him a kind of reborn baby freak-person.

That's probably a better ending anyway, because it's weirder.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:13 pm Offline
Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:54 pm27
Hmmm. All the qualities of the of the old episodes is being destroyed. Besides the death of Mrs. Crabtree, around season 10, they just seemed to change it. I don't know what to say. Like in season 10 chef was killed off. Season 14 they killed off pip and just brought one of the most original and oldest gag into the picture. (Witch wasn't bad as in Cartman Joins NAMBALA it was half explained.) I don't know. This episode confused me beyond belief. So, is Bradley going to be in it anymore?
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:21 pm Offline
Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 pm17Springfield, MO
That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die

If your parents drunkenly attend Cult of Cthulhu meetings, you can cheat death...that's what I got out of all of this.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:22 pm Offline
Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:48 pm362
I enjoyed it until the end. The end went by so fast that I got confused. My head is still spinning... God, I need a nap. *shoots self in head*
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 pm Offline
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
I LOVED it!! :D
I don't have a signature
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 9:54 pm Offline
Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:42 am3
This, is one of my favourite episodes of all time, I'm freaking stoked that it was all about mint berry crunch, My Mum and I were laughing sooo hard at Justin Bieber getting his head squeezed, and Bradley being Henrietta's brother, This was just the best ep ever. I'm seriously.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:00 pm Offline
Fri May 22, 2009 12:28 pm52
If I were Captain Hindsight, I would say:

It should have been five parts.
They should have explained how the friends got out of that interdimensional place, or even how Mint Berry Crunch saved them.
They should have explained what happened to Captain Hindsight.
They shouldn't have wasted the minutes on Justin Bieber, he's too lame to deserve it.
They shoulda, coulda and woulda have given Professor Chaos a bigger role. :(

However, I still really loved the episode and all the comic drawings. :)

I'll try and get a life now.
Last edited by djs89 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:02 pm Offline
Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:33 pm17Springfield, MO
I would definitely buy a Coon and Friends comic.

Hell I would buy a Mint-Berry Crunch comic if they had them.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:04 pm Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:57 pm1
djs89 wrote:

They should have explained how the friends got out of that interdimensional place, or even how Mint Berry Crunch saved them.

Lol thats the point, they keep it ambiguous and ridiculous to mess with your head and make it strange. Its not supposed to have a point, just a twist that comes out of nowhere and is completely pointless and irrelevant to anything in any of the episodes. Mint berry crunch for crying out loud... who the hell would expect him to be the actual hero? no one.

btw what did kennies mom say at the end of the episode?? my dvr cut it off
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:21 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
zzyzx 1 from the Pre-Air Thread to 1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends wrote:
I don't know why, but I think MnT have been having fun with us, the viewers, with MintBerryCrunch.

MBC will have a big role in the solution to all the problems episodes 1411 and 1412 have brought to us with the oil spill and the opening of the other dimension.

Go MintBerry Crrrrrrrrrunch

I called it :D

Go MintBerry Crrrrrrrrrunch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:26 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
One of Mint-Berry Crunch's recurring foes should totally be the crab people.
When the writers can't think of a cause for an episode's problem, crab people strike!
When the writers can't think of a way to wrap up an episode's problems, who ya gonna call?

Mint-Berry Crrrrrunch!

djs89 wrote:

They should have explained what happened to Captain Hindsight.
They shouldn't have wasted the minutes on Justin Bieber, he's too lame to deserve it.
They shoulda, coulda and woulda have given Professor Chaos a bigger role. :(

I just have to say that I love this.
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
It had elements of plots (regarding MBC's origins) from plots from Star Trek: The Original Series (TOS) and Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG); I'll post some of those episode names later; "Trelane" comes to mind from TOS; both shows are on TV in reruns now ever since they were first run (which is how I know them).

And The Coon acting like a kitten with Cthulhu reminded me of some Looney Tunes/Warner Bros. cartoons too :D

10/10 without question.

I have to see it some more to discuss why.

Poor Prof. Chaos; in the Coon Cell forever :lol:

Mint Berry Crunch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: I looked it up. Trelane is from TOS, Season 1, Episode 17: The Squire of Gothos. The ending of Trelane was similar to the way Mint Berry Crunch learned his own identity.

The other one I was thinking of was TNG, Season 6, Episode 6, known as "episode 132": True Q, where Q reveals a secret about a young woman from Kansas who is visiting the Enterprise. Guest star Olivia D'Abo as Amanda Rogers. The secret is that she is not human but an alien - a Q (you have to know Star Trek TNG to know what a Q is); watch it sometime. It's on repeats everywhere and on line.
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 pm Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:45 pm1
The ending felt rushed, too many plot holes. I love the show, and this episode had a lot of great parts about Kenny, but I feel like they dropped the ball. Even if it was done on purpose, it didn't have the zing that it did when they substituted the T&P episode for Cartman's father. If it wasn't done on purpose it was just annoying. Still love the show, but it doesn't mean I have to love every episode. This one was weak.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 25 369 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next