Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 25 369 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:42 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
I don't like to complain about episodes I don't like, but I feel really ripped off. I loved this trilogy, I loved the build-up, to Mysterion's identity, then to Kenny's curse, then to the "only an immortal can kill an immortal". I was really excited for a Mysterion vs. Cthulhu battle, or some kind of meaningful confrontation. The ending was just...
It wasn't a cop-out, or "crab-people". I mean, if I just watched the ending it's not bad. But with two and a half episodes about Mysterion and Kenny and his curse, I was expecting a lot more than this. I don't hate Bradley, but I love Kenny a lot more. I wanted this to be about him.
And I guess they did explain the whole immortality thing, but I've been spending years ignoring the previous explanation of "a new Kenny is born every time". I always wanted to think of it as a joke or a gag rather than actual canon. I wanted something more mystical than that. A curse from the Old Ones or something like that would have been perfect.
In my opinion, this really ruined the whole trilogy. They had something really great going, and then it was ruined.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:51 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
The ending was classic Star Trek: TOS and TNG; and in last week's episode, we saw the Star Trek geeks of South Park from the early seasons in the show. All three make perfect sense, especially if you're a Star Trek fan.

Kenny's dying, waking up in his own bed until MBC saved the world; then Kenny died and as in the early seasons, was born again! Perfect. Classic South Park :D
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:58 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:36 pm16
OK THE PROS AND CONS ABOUT THIS ESP

CON/WTF MOMENT
MBC BEING THE HERO AT THE END? AND HAVING ACTUAL POWERS?

WTF MOMENTS

KENNY COMMITING MULTIPLE SUICIDES
EVEN THOUGH I FOUND IT KINDA FUNNY WHEN HE DID IT AT THE END SAYING IM GOING TO BED SHOOTS HIMSELF BUT DAM I FEEL BAD FOR HIM AND IM TOTALLY CONFUSED ABOUT HIS POWER IT DIDNT EXPLAIN WHY HE HAD IT OR ITS PURPOSE. IT ONLY HINTED THAT THE PARENTS SAID WE SHOULDNT HAVE WENT TO THOSE CULT MEETINGS AND SHE SAID IT HAPPENED AGAIN WHEN SHE WAS HAVING KENNY AS A BABY HINTING SHE KNOWS HE DIES AND COMES BACK

MBC GUY TALKING TO WHAT YOU THINK IS KENNY BUT REALLY IS SPEAKING TO MBC

CON
I FELT THE ENDING WAS RUSHED BUT RELEIVED IT WASNT A 4 PARTER ESP.

PRO
JUSTIN BRIEBER SCENE HILARIOUS I BURST OUT LAUGHING WHEN I SAW HIM IN CONCERT TO WHAT APPEARED HIM TOUCHING HIS BALLS JUST LIKE THEY DID IN THAT MICKEY MOUSE ESP THEN HIM GETTING KILLED CLASSIC

KENNY IS STILL GONNA BE AROUND AND STILL IS ALIVE
I ACTUALLY THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA BE REPLACES BY BRADLY AND HIS CURSE WILL BE LIFT.

CUTILU GETTING SICK OF CARTMENS SHYT THEN CARTMEN USING KITTY TECHNIC TO WIN HIM OVER I DID FIND IT KINDA STUPID BUT IT WAS CUTE

SURPRISES THAT NO ONE SAW COMING

BRADLY IS THE GOTH KID BROTHER

MBC ACTUALLY HAS POWERS AND IS A ALEIN

MBC BEING THE HERO INSTEAD OF MYSTERION

MYSTERION COMMITING MULTIPLE SUCIDES

CARTMEN IN JAIL WITH BUTTERS

CARTMEN WHAT SHOULD I DO?
KYLE GOES YOU SHOULD f*ck OFF THATS WHAT YOU SHOULD DO LOL VERY FUNNY

OVERALL THE ESP LEFT ME HAVING MORE QUESTIONS THEN ANSWERED
BUT I STILL ENJOYED THE ESP

ONE MORE THING I THINK I SHOULD MENTION THAT I DONT THINK ANYONE CAUGHT IN THE LAST ESP REMEBER WHEN CARTMEN AND HIS "COON FRIENDS" WERE WALKING DOWN THE STREET TO GO TO THE MART AND CARTMEN NARRIATES SAYING HE HAS TO DO SOMETHING ETC AND THEN KICKS BRADLY AND CLYDES AZZ WHILE PLAYING MUSIC IN THE BACKROUND PLUS ITS IN SLOW MOTION WELL I RECENTLY NOTICED THIS IS INFACT A PARODY OF A SCENE IN CLOCKWORK ORANGE WHRE THE LEADER OF THE 4 GUYS PUTS HIS DROOGS IN PLACE CAUSE ONE OF THEM HE GOT PISSED THAT HE WAS GIVING ORDERS TO THE OTHER GUYS WHEN HES THE LEADER NOT THT GUY SO HE KICKS THEIR AZZES IN SLOW MOTION PLAYING THE SAME MUSIC HERE IS A CLIP ON YOUTUBE OF THAT SCENE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90KPJ6n4Ew
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 10:59 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I loved it i thought the ending was alittle rushed but apart from that it was fantastic. I liked it when cartman said "what should i do" & Kyle replied "You should f*ck off that's what you should do" Cartman saying that Kyle and the others had become evil even though he's the one who went bad and wanted to make it a better world for himself.

when Kenny kept killing himself i expected the famous lines though Kyle did say crazy bastard, mint berry crunch was awesome it was great that he saved the day though i do feel sorry for poor kenny.

if not for the rushed ending i would having giving it 10/10 but a 9 is pretty good.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Last edited by James--76 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:01 pm Offline
James--76 wrote:
if not for the rushed ending i would having giving it 10/10 but a 9 is pretty good.

Would you give it a "ten" if I offered you some of this ?
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:02 pm Offline
Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:48 am23
I love Kenny 1000 x more now, if that was possible. Gah, I'm so fricking relieved he didn't die.

I liked the episode but agree that the ending felt kinda rushed. I did gain appreciation for MBC from this, though, so that's a plus for me. That said, I do kinda hope he goes away and stays away for the next season. I'd love it to be Kenny (with benefits, like no hood/unmuffled speech), and the other three boys. I hope this ep also foreshadows a decrease in the inclusion of Butters as a main character. I liked the end where Cartman was in a cage with him. It made the whole thing seem more childlike, and their relationship with Cartman more salvagable. He DID order for them to be sent to a dark oblivion, after all.

8.9/10

Ok now i'm going to bed. It's 6am and my head hurts.
I love Tweek. He's twitchy. I also love Kenny and Towelie.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:04 pm Offline
Tweeeeek wrote:
I did gain appreciation for MBC from this, though, so that's a plus for me.

And how about his sister is one of the goth kids :o That blew my mind.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:07 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:

Oh go on then you have tempted me i will boost it up to a 10. :lol:
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:10 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
This gets a 10 just for the Justin Bieber parody. He's grabbing his balls and going "ooooh"

And then goes "ooooooh ooooooooh" when he gets captured.

By the way, the song Cartman was singing on the way home was "Faith" by George Michael.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:11 pm Offline
  • YIM
Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:50 pm1164I'm not in the mirror, I'm inside you
IDK, there was a huge build up to total Kenny epicness in the final episode, and he totally had his spotlight stolen from him.
Poor little Kenny, I feel so bad for him, he went through all that and he's no closer to understanding his power. He jumped off a cliff and stood up to Cthulu to save his friends and they're all thanking MintBerryCrunch. No one remembers he ever died and they never will. When he gets bored he shoots himself in the head. And he STILL can't die. Not that I wanted him to, in fact I'm so f*cking glad they didn't kill him off for good that I'm really not that bothered 'bout the rest of the stuff.
It's not that I didn't enjoy the episode, I did find it really funny, but after all that build up, the quick "MintBerryCrunch saves the world and everything goes back to normal" ending was just a little disappointing. I think they should've made this last episode into two episodes and explained a bit more. And I really wish Kenny could've had his moment, he waited 14 seasons to do something awesome and MintBerryCrunch appears out of nowhere and steals it from him...
Psycho Mysterion tattoo

Poor Kenny, trapped forever on my back...

Ah, the memories...

Favourite character: Kenny
Favourite episode: Mysterion Rises
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:15 pm Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:26 am5
This episode was awesome and also the best of the trilogies. I loved that the alien was talking to MBC and not Kenny about the origin of his powers. I never saw that coming. Also the comic panel ending was pure South Park comedy. They've been known to do these types of things even though it may seemed rushed but it's actually smart comedy. It's like the time when kenny died and went to save heaven using a psp. They didn't show the battle between heaven and hell. Instead you only got to see the angel gabriel describe the epic battle as being bigger than the one in the lord of the rings. This not only saves time but also makes the viewers wonder if the events actually happened.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:31 pm Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:48 pm1
I really hope we see more Mysterion, it really turned a prop character into the effin man. After 14 seasons, Kenny deserves some character development, and I hope it sticks. I doubt it will, but I hope. Honestly they could do an entire season with Kenny being Mysterion and I'd be happy.

As far as the explanation of his powers, I thought it was pretty clear that his parents were basically cursed when they were part of the cult.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Nov 10, 2010 11:44 pm Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:45 pm50
about to see, about to see... soooo excited!!!!
~~take off our clothes and loo loo loo~~

~~you french-fry when you should pizza, you're gonna have a bad time~~
Last edited by Big-Will on Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total. Too many smilies. We like to use them, but sparingly.
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 11, 2010 12:11 am Offline
James--76 wrote:
Quote:

Oh go on then you have tempted me i will boost it up to a 10. :lol:

Cool!

*Hands James--76 more Mint Berry Crunch Cereal*
Re: *1413: Coon vs. Coon & Friends* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Nov 11, 2010 12:12 am Offline
Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:40 am1
OMG! In "The Coon" comic, anyone else notice the ad for the Sea People (thingies)?

Sort by  
Page 5 of 25 369 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 25  Next