Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 8 of 24 359 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 4:11 am Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
I must say that the episode turned out much better than the #901-esque disaster I was fearing.

Surprisingly, seeing Kyle getting the human centipede treatment did not gross me out much, probably because you don't actually see the crap itself. The cuttlefish/asparagus vs. vanilla paste gag with the Japanese guy was actually pretty funny, especially with Kyle muffling a la Kenny.

The Cartman subplot started off good, but the F-word double-meaning gag got too repetitive by the time the Dr. Phil segment came around (M&T should had saved the Dr. Phil spoof for another episode to avoid cluttering up the plot). Seeing him get struck down by God at the end was GOLDEN though, given how much I love to hate that fatass.

What really saved this episode for me though was M&T's underlying message about Jobs & Apple. With the Human Centipede reference, they are pretty much saying that Apple's technology is connecting us so much, that practically the only way we can be anymore connected together is to be surgically joined together mouth to anus. I totally agree with that, as well as the point of the need to balance creating the future with taking time to enjoy the present. I also liked the quick Apple-controlling-the-police mention (remember the Gizmodo/new iPhone saga?).

Finally, it's nice to see Craig get more screen time than he got ALL last season. Hope the same can be said for Wendy soon also. I miss them two so much!

Overall, a 7.2/10

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 4:25 am Offline
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:14 am72
The "human centipede" is such a stupid movie that it's funny by itself, South Park didn't even have to parody it.

And I felt disturbed for Kyle having to eat sh*t, they already made him drink pee, what's next?

F*cked up!
Last edited by Biscuits on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
broken link PostThu Apr 28, 2011 4:36 am Offline
Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 am2
southpark need to fix the web sight so i can watch humancentipad.
PostThu Apr 28, 2011 4:41 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 am0
lol I like that episode xD
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 4:57 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
Best parts of the episode: Cartman and the Geniuses !!! Way to kick off the season!
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 5:08 am Offline
Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:58 pm1
LOVED the episode, I think some people are confused, this was definitely not a shot at Apple, more of a shot at stupid people in general complaining about things they agreed to and didn't read. Pretty obvious. Especially with them making Steve yell at Kyle because he kept signing without reading. No shots at Apple at all. And Cartman was great, I like the over the top joke. Great season opener.
WTF? PostThu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 am Offline
Tue May 13, 2008 4:54 pm0
This episode wont play but the rest will and it says its available so what gives?
Problem PostThu Apr 28, 2011 5:26 am Offline
Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:27 am2United States
the episode keeps saying "This Episode Premieres
04.27.2011"
It doesn't play PostThu Apr 28, 2011 5:31 am Offline
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:28 am0
It says that I can watch it now but I can't. Dangit
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 5:34 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
*Sighs*

I tried to stay positive...but this was a piece of sh*t. Such a terrible, terrible episode.

What the hell was this episode even saying? That Apple sucks? BLEH.

Cartman continues to be a painfully unfunny character. "You f*cked me" stuff had me cringing. I'm embarrassed for Matt and Trey.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Video stream isn't working. PostThu Apr 28, 2011 5:36 am Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm0
Hey guys, I was looking forward to seeing this episode. I don't have TV to watch it, so i'm stuck watching it online. So far when I click to view the episode it says "The Episode Premieres 04.27.2011" and its now 8:30am on the 28th. The other parts of the site say "watch now" but it's still unavailable.
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 6:07 am Offline
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:56 am1
I cant watch it either?? any word on why?
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 6:09 am Offline
Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:59 am1
Having a season premiere without involving your show's best character is like benching Albert Pujols on opening day.

Yes, it was nice to see Gerald get some face time, but do that with an in-season episode. With the whole world watching, and with avid fans that have waited for months for the new season, you don't "bench" your home run hitter. In Randy we trust.
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 6:33 am Offline
cardiacnecrosis wrote:
I am dying over here, this episode was great!
"It does emailing and web browsing AND it sh*ts in Kyle's mouth!? "

I don't know how I can wait a week for the next episode!

agreed! :wink:
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 6:44 am Offline
Drones200 wrote:
Am I the only one that noticed Cartmans voice change? It's so much different now then before, his voice has been slowly changing throughout the seasons but this latest make over has made it a painful experience for me to watch. I've been a fan of South Park since episode 1, I remember watching every episode of every season since middle school...now I'm a college student working on my bachelor's and is depressing to see what has been done to the show.

Cartman was not witty nor funny..it felt forced, fake not like him. Yeah hes a douche bag, a racist hippie hating assh*le that made South Park the best show back in the day *along with the witty story lines* but the hole "you just f*cked me" felt really dry, especially with his new voice.

I expected so much more, the episode had a good start and yet right off the bat Cartman felt like he was trying too hard to be funny, as if to prove his still the same old assh*le he used to be...it felt fake and forced.

They could of done so much more, they never spoke about PC, they made a slight reference to it and just dumped it aside. I expected the kyle to be rescued by Bill Gates, that would have made more sense and it would have been funnier in my opinion.

The point of this episode was that people need to read the fine prints before they sign things, we sign our lives away to corporations like apple on daily basis without us knowing. Another point was to state how the future would be use eating each other's sh*t while feeding and powering apple, yeah, got it.

The ending was extremely disappointing and they REALLY, REALLY need to fix Cartmans voice else I will find it VERY hard to continue watching this show.

Funny you mention PC... in the part of the episode when the HumancentIpad was being "rescued" I thought it was PC stealing the prototype and Bill Gates was going to perform an upgrade or something. But no... it was just another test to get them to READ!

Sort by  
Page 8 of 24 359 posts Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24  Next