Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 24 359 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:01 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 pm1
Cartman's side story with the ipad was top notch. I found the story with Stan and Gerald to be a little lacking, I wanted to see more with the Genius guys, but I guess you can't have everything you want within a 30 min time slot. Sucks.

Kyle's story was definitely the best, it'll make me think twice about what I checkmark when I sign up for things. Overall this was a great show, can't wait to see what the season has in store for us.
When????? PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:03 pm Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 pm0
When am i able to watch this episode on The site here?
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:04 pm Offline
Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:35 am64Cleveland, OH
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:11 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
I am surprised that no one has mentioned Matt & Trey's love of Star Trek. That whole scene where Gerald Broflovski became an Apple Family Account Holder was right out of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock; even the words used by the Geniuses (such as the chant that included the Vulcan word: Kal-i-fee) were the same words as T'Lar used, the Priestess at the end of Star Trek III. And that scene was itself a take-off of Star Trek: The Original Series, "Amok Time."

Here is a pic from tonight's show: (You have to right-click):

Note the similar flames on each side of each pic below:

Here is a pic from Star Trek III: (Again, please right-click):

And finally, on another point, look at the pic of tonight's show again. It shows the geniuses wearing tin foil hats, just as we have been discussing in SPS board member GeminiShamrock's Coast to Coast AM thread all winter. I bet either M&T or some staffers have been scanning this SPS board during the hiatus; that thread was very popular while M&T were finishing up pre-production of the Book of Mormon. Tin Foil Hats. Good job, GeminiShamrock :)
PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 pm Offline
Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:00 am0
well that was lame.. worst episode so far i guess
SPOILER PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:30 pm Offline
Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:16 pm0
Dear Cartman,
STFU
Sincerely,
God
PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:40 pm0
the most f*cked up SP ever. awesome.

only thing is, why the f*ck are we allowed to watch someone sh*t in a child's mouth but we're not allowed to voluntarily listen to the word f*ck on a website? lame.
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:32 pm Offline
Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:35 am64Cleveland, OH
Those 21 minutes.. I want them back. I did not just stay up until 2AM to watch this sh*t. Huge disappointment. I thought Cartman being in the episode would at least make up for it but it wasn't even funny. His running joke wasn't even funny.

The only thing I liked was those small elements they kept true to the movie 'Human Centipede'. but dude, the Asian dude didn't even slash his own throat like the movie!

Terrible episode was terrible. However, I won't let this mess up ruin my impression on the next episodes. Looking forward to those.
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Apr 27, 2011 11:33 pm Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:41 pm1
Needed more Randy Marsh! :mrgreen:
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 12:04 am Offline
Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:03 am168It doesn't say "Location:"? But that ruins the jokes. :(
Agreed about Cartman's quote. "AND it sh*ts in Kyle's mouth?!" That just clinched the episode, right there.

I was also wondering when they'd get around to Doctor Phil. My sister found one instance where he's absolutely wrong (the Virginia Tech shooter was NOT a paranoid schizophrenic).

It's actually fitting that God punished Cartman; if it'd been his mom, he'd have just tried to pass it off as assault. Who are you going to blame when you're struck by lightning?

OK, I didn't know about the Human Centipede movie at all, so when I saw the episode trailer, I thought this was coming out of nowhere. And I was thinking "where's the brilliant metaphor?" Turns out, it was a great episode, and one of the most brilliant metaphors ever.

Lately, we're all trying to become more connected, but people tend to produce more crap than anyone could ever watch/read/listen to (this thread, for example). So we either need ways to find someone who gives a damn in the first place, or we need to stop expecting people to care what we produce, and stop making everything we do or say online all about ourselves.

Again, though, Kyle's lucky I was the woman in the back.

PS: Wow... it's as if Matt Stone had over a decade of experience of trying to speak while muffled!
PostThu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 am Offline
Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:06 am3
The quickening with the council of geniuses, so goood.
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 12:38 am Offline
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:30 am19Michigan
Cartman is so cuuuute! I don't care what anyone says. Mem mem?
PostThu Apr 28, 2011 12:48 am Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 pm0
this was probably one of the worst ones. doesnt mean i wont stop watching the rest...i own every season and watch them on a regular basis...i hope the rest of the season will be better
PostThu Apr 28, 2011 12:53 am Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 pm0
sorry. could have been a little better. LOvVeE South PARK from day 1 own every season, yet this one meets below its standards
Re: *1501: HUMANCENTiPAD* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Apr 28, 2011 12:58 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
You know, it has been a decade since I have actually been shocked by a South Park episode, and I was a little tonight..And I think that is awesome, reminds me of back in the day, when I was about 19 or 20, and watching South Park was actually still rebelious. In the late 90's., it was still kind of a big deal among huge prudes that cartoons had adult humor. After all these years, I thought nothing on South Park could shock me, but I was wrong, and that rocked. I was actually more disgusted by the Human Centipede stuff on the episode than I was with what I saw in the actual movie ( and to me, the idea of being forced to eat someone's sh*t is pretty f*cking disgusting), and I was shocked with how far Fat Ass went with trying to verbally abuse and manipulate his mother. Glad he got what he deserved, I wanted to bitch slap him myself. This episode is brilliant, I am glad I was somewhat shocked by it, and that it seems to have pissed some people off. That was what South Park should be like.

I thought it was a good episode, and it makes some valid points, although some of them are subtle. Did any of you notice how in the beginning of the episode, the kids were just hanging out on the play ground with their I PADS instead of playing? Well, too many people these days won't get off their lap tops, or phones or I Pads or whatever. I like the internet, it is fun posting on here, and going on Facebook and such is fun, but that shouldn't replace actually going out and socializing with your friends or doing other things offline. Some people I have talked to feel lonely and like relationships are suffering, because people text or talk on Facebook instead of really talking.

Sort by  
Page 6 of 24 359 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next