Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 22 321 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:32 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Another "throw away" ep
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:33 pm Offline
Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:27 pm13
Funnybot got defeated by the thing it was made to respond to? Awkward.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:36 pm Offline
Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:17 pm9
I liked it a lot. It (I think) was commenting sort of on the jokes at Comedy Central roasts with Funny Bot. Also, Token and Tyler Perry were funny. I liked it. also, the Comedy Awards part was also commenting on the fact that many (I think) did not show up for their awards. So much hate, but I really liked it.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:36 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
SPOILER ALERT

Obama's words at the end were the same/similar to what Obama said Sunday night after bin Lauden was killed; so M&T did get some of that in tonight's show 8)
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:38 pm Offline
Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:11 pm4
does anybody know wat cartman means in his last line?
WestCiide Verr52
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:39 pm Offline
Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm20
Cartman and Token were the only ones that made me laugh... i was a bit disappointed with this one, i found the last episode much more hilarious :/
t1CK
t0ck
8r8k
H34DS
honk
HONK
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:39 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
7.4/10
Funnybot, the robot, was so-so. I did like his catchphrase: Awkward! Great shots at Tyler Perry as well. However, I was more scared for the kids of South Park than laughing most of the time, because I would be heartbroken if any of the important kids died. It would have been fine if Kenny died, but if Butters, Wendy, Craig, Clyde, Token, Timmy, Tweek, Bebe, Red, and/or Kevin ended up dead, I would be in a fetal position crying and convulsing. The same goes for Stan, Kyle, Jimmy, and surprisingly, even Cartman. So this was more of a nail biter than a laugh riot. I liked how they buried Tyler Perry instead of Funnybot. I guess Funnybot learned his lesson. Is Funnybot going to become the next Towelie? P.S., with Token's lines tonight, the only kids from the big 14 SP kids yet to speak this season are Wendy, Tweek, Bebe, and Red.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:40 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
zzyzx 1 wrote:
SPOILER ALERT

Obama's words at the end were the same/similar to what Obama said Sunday night after bin Lauden was killed; so M&T did get some of that in tonight's show 8)

Shoulda waited until next week entirely if they have to be that oblique this time around to get it in.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:41 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Okay, change up to bury Tyler Perry instead of Funnybot.

Warren AFB; another local reference. It's in Cheyenne, WY just over the border from Colorado and that's one of the three bases we keep ICBM's. Funnybot's R2D2 plug made me chuckle.

Too much inside-the-industry humor for my taste. Fell short this week I think.

I'm supremely disappointed we didn't get bin Laden in this week's ep. I just assumed it'd happen, but I guess not this week. Can't win 'em all.

Now the real torture begins as I read everyone else's review. I have a feeling a lot of them will be negative.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:42 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
I laughed out loud whenever Token laughed at Tyler Perry. But that was the highlight for me. I like how the focus was more on the kids than a current event, but the humor was otherwise lacking. Thanks for saving it, Token.

I'll give it a 4/10.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:42 pm Offline
Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:17 pm33Maine, USA
That was a weak episode. I agree with the premise that Comedy Central's Comedy Awards were stupid, and I chuckled the first time Token was the only person laughing at Tyler Perry (but not the subsequent 17 times), but that just wasn't a very funny episode, nor did it comment on anything significant.

I was holding out hope that they'd re-work the episode around us finally getting bin Laden. Usually when they work an episode around real news events (not pop culture) they turn out quite good.

Better luck next week.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:45 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
Meh. It was pretty funny at times. But I think they could've done more with it. BTW I hope I'm not the only one who got that part where Obama got the award for funniest Correspondent's Dinner Speech. THAT sh*t was funny.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:47 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
triplemultiplex wrote:
I'm supremely disappointed we didn't get bin Laden in this week's ep. I just assumed it'd happen, but I guess not this week. Can't win 'em all..

Obama's speech was modeled after the Bin Laden speech, but that's not really obvious.

I'd give the episode maybe 6.5/10. Not great, but not bad either. I enjoyed it and I'd watch it again. Liked Cartman speaking german, and trying to sell Kyle on the Germans, that was great. Loved the German jokes, and I like seeing Jimmy. Also- Germans are less funny than the Yupik, HA!

However, Tyler Perry really needed to go away quicker, it was funny once. Totality agree about cookie-cutter stand-up though.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:48 pm Offline
Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:36 pm34
I can't help but wonder how they come up with these stupid plots. And what happened to Trey's voice? Jimmy sounds like a bad impression of himself and Mackey is no better.

Still, the episode contained one laugh (Token finding Tyler Perry hilarious) which is one more than last week.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:51 pm Offline
Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:40 pm15
Eh, that was slightly better than last week?

Tyler Perry is way too easy of a target. Yeah, ha ha black people like him. I just found the Funnybot stuff stupid and unfunny. I thought the Germans were sorta funny. Uh, everything else I just kinda forgot about even though I just saw it.

Season 15 hasn't started too hot...
C-
Previously "Jake, M'kay?"

Sort by  
Page 2 of 22 321 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next