Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 3 of 22 321 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
Author Message
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:53 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
triplemultiplex wrote:
Warren AFB; another local reference. It's in Cheyenne, WY just over the border from Colorado and that's one of the three bases we keep ICBM's. Funnybot's R2D2 plug made me chuckle.


Could also be a reference to the movie "War Games" where the computer made the launch of the ICBM's look real to the humans, but the computer was only playing a game.

And what about last year's "WATSON," the IBM computer that played on Jeopardy? Could Funnybot be a reference to that, only here the computer was telling jokes instead of merely answering questions?

Thellama73 wrote:
I can't help but wonder how they come up with these stupid plots.


A lot of Star Trek references; Matt and Trey are big Star Trek fans.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:54 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
nwt000 wrote:
7.4/10
Funnybot, the robot, was so-so. I did like his catchphrase: Awkward! Great shots at Tyler Perry as well. However, I was more scared for the kids of South Park than laughing most of the time, because I would be heartbroken if any of the important kids died. It would have been fine if Kenny died, but if Butters, Wendy, Craig, Clyde, Token, Timmy, Tweek, Bebe, Red, and/or Kevin ended up dead, I would be in a fetal position crying and convulsing. The same goes for Stan, Kyle, Jimmy, and surprisingly, even Cartman. So this was more of a nail biter than a laugh riot. I liked how they buried Tyler Perry instead of Funnybot. I guess Funnybot learned his lesson. Is Funnybot going to become the next Towelie? P.S., with Token's lines tonight, the only kids from the big 14 SP kids yet to speak this season are Wendy, Tweek, Bebe, and Red.


Don't forget garrison. I want to hear him again.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:55 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
While most of Funnybot's jokes were lame (intentionally so) I did get a good laugh out of him when he opened fire on the audience. That was pretty good.

They should have given Louie CK a line. I saw him among the comedians.
Image
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:56 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
zzyzx 1 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
Warren AFB; another local reference. It's in Cheyenne, WY just over the border from Colorado and that's one of the three bases we keep ICBM's. Funnybot's R2D2 plug made me chuckle.


Could also be a reference to the movie "War Games" where the computer made the launch of the ICBM's look real to the humans, but the computer was only playing a game.

And what about last year's "WATSON," the IBM computer that played on Jeopardy? Could Funnybot be a reference to that, only here the computer was telling jokes instead of merely answering questions?

Thellama73 wrote:
I can't help but wonder how they come up with these stupid plots.


A lot of Star Trek references; Matt and Trey are big Star Trek fans.

Star Trek? I saw that thing and instantly thought Doctor Who. That 'bot even had the Dalek plunger! I LOL'd when it finally shouted "Exterminate!"

:lol:
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 7:58 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
That part where funnybot plugged into the terminal though, was more of a Star Wars reference, as that's what R2-D2 always did.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:03 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
AngusMcTavish wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
Warren AFB; another local reference. It's in Cheyenne, WY just over the border from Colorado and that's one of the three bases we keep ICBM's. Funnybot's R2D2 plug made me chuckle.


Could also be a reference to the movie "War Games" where the computer made the launch of the ICBM's look real to the humans, but the computer was only playing a game.

And what about last year's "WATSON," the IBM computer that played on Jeopardy? Could Funnybot be a reference to that, only here the computer was telling jokes instead of merely answering questions?

Thellama73 wrote:
I can't help but wonder how they come up with these stupid plots.


A lot of Star Trek references; Matt and Trey are big Star Trek fans.

Star Trek? I saw that thing and instantly thought Doctor Who. That 'bot even had the Dalek plunger! I LOL'd when it finally shouted "Exterminate!"

:lol:


Right out of Star Trek, The Original Series: "The Changeling" Season 2, Ep 3:)
Last edited by zzyzx 1 on Wed May 04, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:04 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
No mention of Timmy's band? I thought that was great. Good to see he's kept up with that!

Also: Didn't think of WATSON, good catch ZZ.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:09 pm Offline
  • Profile
Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:02 am498My own private torture chamber
BRILLIANT! I loved it. I'm not into over-analyzing right now so I'll just say it gets a 9 out of a 10 for me. The ending was amazing. Good classic SP humor. Yet it touched on what most of us were probably looking forward to it touching on. So, brilliant!
I don't have a signature
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:10 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I think the episode's pretty good. I was expecting more, but I received what was needed, so I'm a happy customer. :) I don't really feel like reviewing this one right now... lol
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:15 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:30 pm1
Last weeks episode was good, laughs till the end. I maybe chuckled once during this episode. Hope next weeks is better.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:19 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
GeminiShamrock wrote:
And the line "Exterminate" is from Doctor Who. (Funnybot looks like a Dalek to me.)


AHAHAHAH! I thought the same thing. As soon as Funnybot appeared with the toilet plunger for an arm, I thought, "Dalek." I replayed the "Exterminate" part 3 times just to make sure I heard it right. :lol:

I believe this is the first-ever Doctor Who reference on South Park, is it not? My two favorite shows collide! *

~Lisa

(*How is it possible that the Forum doesn't have an alien head smiley?!?)
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:22 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
cannibalisa wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:

I believe this is the first-ever Doctor Who reference on South Park, is it not? My two favorite shows collide! *

K-10 in Go God Go XIII was a Doctor Who reference.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:24 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Zazaban wrote:
cannibalisa wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:

I believe this is the first-ever Doctor Who reference on South Park, is it not? My two favorite shows collide! *

K-10 in Go God Go XIII was a Doctor Who reference.


Yeah, I thought about that the other day. I should put "REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW!" back in my signature soon anyway. :lol:

And Double Z, the Daleks were first shown in the second ever episode of Doctor Who (the "original" series), which pre-dates the Star Trek series premiere by almost three years. But it could be a reference to both. I just think it's more of a Doctor Who reference.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Last edited by GeminiShamrock on Wed May 04, 2011 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:25 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
Zazaban wrote:
K-10 in Go God Go XIII was a Doctor Who reference.


HA! I totally missed that! :D I just love this show more and more each week.
Re: *1502: Funnybot* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 04, 2011 8:27 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
GeminiShamrock wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
cannibalisa wrote:

K-10 in Go God Go XIII was a Doctor Who reference.


Yeah, I thought about that the other day. I should put "REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW!" back in my signature soon anyway. :lol:

Please do.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 3 of 22 321 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X