Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 20 of 25 362 posts Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 1:31 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
ananias wrote:
I was hoping for the actual name of the celebrity.

That's supposed to be a celebrity?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 1:33 pm Offline
Sat May 21, 2011 6:35 pm4
The link was helpful, thanks. I do think that Wayne D. is a real person; not just a generic wigger.

zzyzx 1 wrote:
You can also see what Will put in his transcript for this episode. Just click on this link: http://www.spscriptorium.com/ScriptGuideIndex.htm and you will see a number pad. Click on "15" for season 15, then the book icon for 1504, T.M.I. There, Will has made a transcript of what he heard that was said in the episode. Read it ananias and see if that helps :)
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 2:38 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:53 pm191Milwaukee WI
I hope they bring Wayne D back.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 2:51 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
steelspine wrote:
I hope they bring Wayne D back.

Yes, so do I, so long as they don't misuse him.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 4:01 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
That's be fine with me as long as they pull the "Nope, didn't catch any of that" thing that Craig Ferguson does. :D
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 4:08 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Zazaban wrote:
It's an angry nickname, like 'AmeriKKKA', 'U$A,' and so forth. People who only know how to be vitriolic think it's clever and poignant.

Yeah, like the other cliched term he uses: "sheeple."

These people think they're so clever when they use these terms, not knowing they're the sheep themselves for using them.

Death to Da U$$A, yo!
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: Wait Just a Dang Minute... PostSun May 22, 2011 7:35 pm Offline
Wed May 18, 2011 9:16 pm5
moigle wrote:
Since ALL the boys were far below average according to the "size" chart, shouldn't they all have anger issues then?

Meh, how big were YOU in fourth grade? :P
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 7:43 pm Offline
Stanluv25 wrote:
So I'm just wondering since I can't recall having physicals during elementary school...

A doctor/nurse still did inspect the boys' penises right? If not there would be no question as to why Cartman said their 'penis sizes from last week's physical' was listed. I dunno, I didn't think they would have a child's privates examined in a public school.

Can someone please clarify? :)

In elementary school, I remember quasi-physicals: vision testing, hearing testing, and the rest were a list that each students' own pediatrician had to test in the privacy of the pediatrician's own office.

In Middle School, we all went into the gym in our underwear, where are spines were checked for straightness, curvyness, or something. Again, referrals to our pediatrician's offices were made.

I don't remember any exam (medical) of any kind in High School. As for our privates, they were NEVER examined at all FOR ANY REASON. I can't speak for other schools or schools systems, but that was my experience.[/quote]

As far as I can recall -- and I grew up a child of the 80s -- we never had to have our physicals at school, underwear or otherwise. I remember that in third AND fourth grade, we were taken out of class one by one into the hallway where there was a scale and we were weighed and measured for our height, but that was it. Once it was over we were sent back inside and the stats were kept to ourselves, though I think (vaguely) I recall bringing home a piece of paper for my parents telling them the results.

In ninth grade we had to undergo scoliosis tests, this meant taking off our shirts and there were female nurses (volunteers?) present. We went in about three or four at a time BUT all we had to do was take our shirts off so that those checking could have better access to our backs and spinal areas.

I do not ever remember having to be in elementary school in my underwear, not even for PE. By the 80s changing as kids had been phased out, and though the elementary school I attended was more than 70 years old, we didn't have showers, at least none available. Now I do have some memories of seeing doctors as a kid for pediatrician check ups, and I recall blushing a bit with my mom in the room, must have been 9 or 10 when the doc put his hand into my shorts (but didn't have me pull them down) and checked briefly to ensure all was well down below, but that was about it.

I have read stories -- and most seem to be that, stories -- of such genital exams taking place in England maybe pre-WW II. Something to do with the government and statistics or some other crap like that. I don't know if the UK ever decided to feel its boys up or not. I just know that growing up in the USA in the 80s, unless it was a doctor, I never had anyone check or measure for my penis. Just Tanner stages every few years, especially once I got closer to puberty.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 7:47 pm Offline
Hotcocoseeds wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
Am I the only one who got a kick out of the penis size chart? Looks like Tweek's the smallest, followed by Timmy and Jimmy, and Butters and Clyde are the most hung.

That's hilarious.
Haha, I've noticed that as well.

What I want to know ,and yes I am a sick little monkey, is did Cartman take into consideration circumcised vs. uncircumcised or did he just use the tape measure from base to tip?

Also, I have honestly never heard of "measuring from the balls." Would that even give an accurate length? :P
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 8:01 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Brendle wrote:

Death to Da U$$A, yo!

Back in the USSA
You don't know how lucky you are, hey
Back in the US-
Back in the USSA!

Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 8:09 pm Offline
Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:28 pm22
This was definitely a great episode that reaffirms my faith in South Park's ability to always both be relevant and stand out from other shows. Great job to everyone involved!
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 8:23 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Hey Reiska, I think it might be better if you create your own thread in off topic - you've kind of left the subject of the episode now.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostSun May 22, 2011 10:09 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
ananias wrote:
I do think that Wayne D. is a real person; not just a generic wigger.

I really don't think that's the case. To me, he's clearly a 14 or 15 year old overly stereotyped gangster wigger wannabe. There's a lot of evidence that he lives with (and despises) his mother, and since he's not full-grown by South Park stylistic rules, he's likely in his early teens. There's really no evidence that he's based on a real celebrity, there.
Closest you might be able to come would be Eminem, but if he were supposed to be Eminem he'd be older, blond, and wearing douchey jackets instead of a basketball jersey. Also, Eminem tended to at least keep his pants above his knees. He did rant about his mom a lot, though, so there's that.

Just as an aside: I notice the angry woman joins in the dancing and jubilation at the end, even though she presumably had the same issues as everyone else in anger management. I wondered if she might be a mid-stage trannie or something, but she said something about being female on the outside. Following the (admittedly cartoonish) logic of the episode, wouldn't she also still be angry?
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostMon May 23, 2011 12:33 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
NeuroHeart wrote:
Closest you might be able to come would be Eminem, but if he were supposed to be Eminem he'd be older, blond, and wearing douchey jackets instead of a basketball jersey. Also, Eminem tended to at least keep his pants above his knees. He did rant about his mom a lot, though, so there's that.

Definitely wasn't Eminem. It appears that Matt/Trey like Eminem. I know Eminem definitely likes South Park.

And Eminem hasn't been blonde since 2007. His hair is his natural brown now.

And what is with this bizarre misconception that Eminem ranted about his mother a lot? He only had ONE song ranting about his mother in his entire career: Cleanin' Out My Closet. One song out of about 100 on his albums.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1504: T.M.I.* Post-Air Thread PostMon May 23, 2011 6:26 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Brendle wrote:
what is with this bizarre misconception that Eminem ranted about his mother a lot?

It was in the news, nationwide and inescapable, that his mother was suing him for slander over comments he had made. To those of us who didn't closely monitor the situation due to acute cases of not caring much about Eminem, it did appear that there was a good deal of ranting on his part, and that his mom was indeed trippin'.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Sort by  
Page 20 of 25 362 posts Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 25  Next