Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 15 222 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 7:55 pm Offline
Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 pm5
kfgg wrote:
I swear there were a whole bunch of "double meanings" in there. I won't go into further detail.

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow (Butters singing it) all the "sh*t" was unbleeped yet again.

Cartman pronounced "poutine" wrong

putain means whore, f*ck, bitch in french. it is the all around general curse word.
I didn't love this episode, it was just ok. The Slash part wasn't really funny, the crack baby part was.
"As EA Sports says, 'Get the f*ck out.'"
Plenty of funny lines but when Kyle kept talking to Stan about the ethics of CBAA, it wasn't really funny. Just stupid. I don't know. It was just pretty good.
6.5/10
I base this rating off of other episodes. I would rate TMI 8/10 and Medicinal Fried Chicken 10/10, so this episode was just alright.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 7:57 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
IHeartKennyMcCormick wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
I loved it! ONE QUESTION!

Stan says "You guys are TEN..."

Last time I remember they mentioned their age.. they were NINE...

That's right! they've finally gained another year! It was only a matter of time... :lol:

I'm actullly glad they did! W00t! Are we gonna get a Fifth Grad episode?

Oh god, I sure hope not. Keep the characters the way they are, without looking different. Last I checked, 5th graders were significantly taller than 4th graders.

But then, when they went from 3rd grade to 4th grade, nothing changed, and in the episode "4th grade", they picked on a 3rd grader who was smaller than they were.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 7:58 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
I felt like this episode was all over the place... Still liked it, though. I think I need to rewatch before saying opinions; when I watch a new South Park episode, I sometimes get in tension mode, so I get all judgemental and impatient and excited.... :oops:
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 7:59 pm Offline
Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:45 am82Alabama! Best state in the world~
[quote="Niels0827"]Oh god, I sure hope not. Keep the characters the way they are, without looking different. Last I checked, 5th graders were significantly taller than 4th graders./quote]

Oh, I hope they don't change they way they look... I just think it would be cool if they got bumped up another grade XD
Butters Best Moment: I like that Boom Boom Pow...

Kenny's Best Moment: PHFFFT ALL OF THEM!
I love K2: Kyle x Kenny. And Cartters: Cartman x Butters. All other couples don't really matter.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm Offline
Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:01 am23New York, NY
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHA! :lol:

On a scale of 1-10, this episode goes to 11. It was random and absurd and silly and the comic timing was perfection!! I loved all of the silent moments. If cartoon characters could win acting awards, Stan would totally deserve an Emmy for his performance this week!!
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 8:20 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
Slash was in South Park before.
He was the guitarist on stage with Randy Marsh's band in the episode "I'm a Little Bit Country".
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 8:27 pm Offline
Thu May 05, 2011 10:40 am5
Hydroleaf wrote:
I felt like this episode was all over the place... Still liked it, though. I think I need to rewatch before saying opinions; when I watch a new South Park episode, I sometimes get in tension mode, so I get all judgemental and impatient and excited.... :oops:

yea, i feel the same way right now.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 9:04 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
neocarleen wrote:
He was the guitarist on stage with Randy Marsh's band in the episode "I'm a Little Bit Country".

....Or was that one of their parents?! :shock:
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 9:26 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
I loved it! ONE QUESTION!

I'm actullly glad they did! (age the characters a year) W00t! Are we gonna get a Fifth Grad episode?

Oh god, I sure hope not. Keep the characters the way they are, without looking different. Last I checked, 5th graders were significantly taller than 4th graders.

But then, when they went from 3rd grade to 4th grade, nothing changed, and in the episode "4th grade", they picked on a 3rd grader who was smaller than they were.

It's all relative, I mean, they do get taller it is just that everyone around them is of a different size, they stay the same height as is proportionate to each other 4th graders and adults; not necessarily the children of a different grade . As is referenced in the episode "T.M.I.," they have actually grown a few inches.

To agree with you, though, having the children be fifth graders would take away some of the "Childhood innocence" aspects of the show. Where I live fifth grade is considered middle school. It would lose a lot of the irony, make the jokes about ignorance of the world and sexual matters less believable, except for Butters, of course, as he, I'm sure, will sing to "Mr. Wiener" well into his thirties.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 9:27 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
nall wrote:
neocarleen wrote:

....Or was that one of their parents?! :shock:

You just blew my mind, dude.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 9:29 pm Offline
Wed May 25, 2011 9:27 pm4
2nd best episode of this season. Butters singing completely blew me away. I need a full version of that NOW. please?
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 9:38 pm Offline
Tue May 10, 2011 10:51 am2NY
I can't believe people actually liked this episode. I didn't laugh once. The whole thing felt so aimless. And it was just a very poor plot. This was one of the worst episodes in the last few years. They can do better than this. It would certainly seem my opinion is opposite of the general opinion, since I thought the last four episodes were great and that this was one was terrible. Oh well. To each, their own. I give this episode a 3/10. That's being generous.

Season 15 so far:
HUMANCENTiPAD: 8/10
Funnybot: 8.5/10
Royal Pudding: 7.5/10
T.M.I.: 8/10
Crack Baby Athletic Association: 3/10
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 9:41 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
thehardlyboys wrote:
kfgg wrote:
I swear there were a whole bunch of "double meanings" in there. I won't go into further detail.

Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow (Butters singing it) all the "sh*t" was unbleeped yet again.

Cartman pronounced "poutine" wrong

putain means whore, f*ck, bitch in french. it is the all around general curse word.

Cartman pronounced "poutine" wrong. He also forgot to put cheese in the hot tub. Poutine is a bucket of fries with cheese and gravy on it - gravy-cheese fries, if you will. Kyle pronounced "poutine" right a few minutes later.

Now, chili-cheese fries are delicious, and I've had mashed potatoes and gravy, which is also delicious. Never had poutine before.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 10:08 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
thehardlyboys wrote:
The Slash part wasn't really funny.

Slash as Miracle on 34th Street Santa wasn't funny? Oh em gee, that cracked me the hell up! The references to unpaid basketball players as slaves was likewise side-splitting, even though I don't follow college (or indeed any) sports all that closely.
Kyle and Cartman in a hot tub together was... I have to say it, disturbing. Just wrong on multiple levels. What are they doing to Kyle? I'm worried he's falling deeper into the territory of 'he who fights monsters will himself become one.' Still, it was totally funny. Big laughs this episode, big laughs.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
PostWed May 25, 2011 10:10 pm Offline
Wed May 25, 2011 10:07 pm0
I'm on the east coast but it won't play :(

Sort by  
Page 2 of 15 222 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next