Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 12 of 15 222 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSat May 28, 2011 5:29 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
zzyzx 1 wrote:
Didn't read much about how this episode started with Stan and Kyle watching Terrence and Philip, and for the first time more than a fart was released :shock:

It must be Shart Week on the Terrence and Phillip show. :mrgreen:
Yay PostSat May 28, 2011 7:51 pm Offline
Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:55 pm0Earth
The boys are finally ten :D
PostSat May 28, 2011 8:34 pm Offline
Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:31 pm0
awsome i love this episode
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSat May 28, 2011 11:08 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
My god, I only saw two posts in here from people with sand in their vagina - I've never seen that few. This is really something. South Park is back, baby!
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 12:17 am Offline
Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:25 pm1
NeuroHeart wrote:
So according to the quiz for this episode, Cartman's scheming is a nod to the film Wall Street, which I haven't actually seen, but it makes a certain amount of sense. I might have to watch it just to see if they have a hot tub, or if that's more a reference to Tony Montana Image
Damn Butters for being so cute and getting that song stuck in my head Image

Interesting to find out, got a bit of a Wall Street/Boiler Room vibe from some of the scenes, but figured that was just me imagining it :lol:

As for the episode (new here but not to the show) I'd give it probably a 8/10. Quite liked it and got a few good laughs out of it. As an obsessed lover of Poutine, that bit bug me so much :lol:. Need to watch the episode again to really form a decent opinion (as mood can play a role, watched TMI first when I was tired and not really interested in any comedies, thus first found it pretty bleh).
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 2:56 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
^I know, isn't it amazing? I have a feeling this episode will go down as one of the classics.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 3:44 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Zazaban wrote:
My god, I only saw two posts in here from people with sand in their vagina - I've never seen that few. This is really something. South Park is back, baby!

You kidding? There are about ten people in this thread who dislike the episode in the first 5 pages alone.

The episode just wasn't that good. Featured a stale running "joke" where Kyle acts like Cartman (this is like Sitcom 101).

The Slash stuff was wonderfully absurd and welcome, but they just forced it in there. The only reason Cartman started up the crack sport was so Matt Stone could tell the world what he feels about college basketball...forced, contrived message, with not much funny.

The funny in this episode:

- Terrence and Phillip (they never fail to deliver)
- The Slash stuff
- Ripping on Sarah McLachlan

Gone is the cunning/cheek/sarcasm from Eric Cartman. It's sad. It made a brief appearance in T.M.I.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 3:55 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Pushing Matt's beef drove the episode and the Kyle-as-Cartman stuff was predictable but it's kept to a minimum unlike most of the show's running 'gags' and it shows he really isn't Cartman trying through most of it to help the crack babies AND make profit. The message and parrodies were well hidden by the characters and situations they got themselves into. Not everyone will be pleased by it but compared with recent episodes which don't hide their skeleton so well.

Good to see T and P back as a little joke at the start not the whole episode.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 3:57 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Apparently tales of Vunter Slaush have made it to a galaxy far, far away...

Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 11:50 am Offline
Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:19 am8
There are some really funny scenes and situations in this episode, but I agree with who says they forced several things. "Slash joke" is indeed out of place.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 1:19 pm Offline
Sun May 29, 2011 1:09 pm2
yes, this episode was PHENOMENAL! at first i was somewhat leery to see it, i saw the first two minutes of the episode and fell out of my seat...OH NO ITS THAT COMMERCIAL AGAIN, I NEED TO GO HELP THEM!!! LMAO
Thats not dutch... PostSun May 29, 2011 1:51 pm Offline
Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:47 pm0
How hard is it to find some actual dutch words, people. It sounds like german, and dutch sounds nothing like german. Flemish, the Belgian dialect sounds a bit like german to foreigners, but Dutch from the Netherlands? That sounds more like swedish or Danish... I just needed to say that, thank you.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 8:06 pm Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
i re-watched the episode and even though Kyle is around a lot of bacon he never eats any, i unfortunately do not know if KFC gravy is kosher or not.

I also don't find that they really forced anything upon us.

I am also disappointed in the recent evolution of cartman's voice. In the first season it was kind of annoying but it reached a peak around episode, say 501-610?
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 10:37 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
2rg34r wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
2rg34r wrote:
Why didn't Sarah McLachlan have a trash can head? She is Canadian...

She's famous enough that she doesn't need one. See: WWE wrestler Edge, and Justin Bieber

That doesn't make sense, but thanks for the explanation.

Steven Harper, and Rush were with their Canadian heads. And does it get more famous than Terrance and Phillip? I think Sarah McLachlan would have been more interesting with a trash can head.

So as far as I can tell, Canadian celebrities are only designed in the Canadian art style if it's an episode taking place in Canada. Celine Dion in Not Without My Anus and Rush (and a couple other musicians) in Royal Pudding are the only Canadian celebrities who've had a Canadian design as far as I have observed. (I am not including Terrance and Phillip here, because they are not based on actual people.)
To sum up: Real-life celebrities who are Canadian only look 'Canadian' if they are in Canada.
I'm not sure it makes a whole lot of sense, but it is an observable pattern.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostSun May 29, 2011 10:42 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
CellarDork wrote:
I'm from Belgium. I speak Dutch. Why does the Dutch in this episode sound like something between German and a made up language?

Because that's what it was - German and a made up language.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 12 of 15 222 posts Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next