Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 14 of 15 222 posts Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AWESOME PostSun Jun 05, 2011 3:02 am Offline
Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:26 am0
This Episode is A Classic
The fact about Cartman and Kyle Working together
And the hole thing about Crack baby Athletic
its awesome
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 am Offline
Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:01 am1
I really think this episode was based off of the PBS Frontline report/documentary ....

Money & March Madness

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline ... h-madness/

peep it and see. It's pretty much the same thing about how student athletes pretty much get ripped off. On one hand I think it's f*cked up that student's get exploited like that, but on the other hand I don't think they should make all this bank for playing sports. Could you imagine what your school would be like if a bunch of jocks were rolling all hoard just for playing ball? Wouldn't that be f*cked up, some student making like 500K a year and you gotta struggle just to pay for your books
PostSat Jun 25, 2011 2:22 am Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
This episode really just hints at where things are going. Stan is getting more mature and cynical. Kyle is becoming more like Cartman. It all makes sense.

Edit:

Just rewatched this a few times and I was pondering. This episode really reenforces the nature of Kyle's personality, that he is a follower, never a leader. He may go off and do his own thing, especially when he is angry, but in the end he needs a strong personality to follow.

For years Kyle and Eric have been fighting and completely sucking up to be the best friend or 'sidekick' to leader Stan. Not really sure why he became leader, but I remember in school, there were the kids other would just follow, never made real sense why. Kenny is a natural loner and could not care less. Eric has gained a stronger personality over the years and has been backing off the competition for sidekick job, when people started following him. All the while Stan has cared less and less about being the leader, especially over the last few seasons. Stan even started to go into loner territory and now the kid is now a full blown Cynic. He really doesn't seem to need anyone and certainly doesn't need people to follow him. Kyle, Eric, and Kenny obviously realize this, hence they leave him. This does not effect Eric or Kenny in anyway..

But then we have Kyle, the follower. He reminds me of Gretchen from Mean Girls. Didn't matter who she was following as long as they were a 'queen bee'. Kyle really proved in this episode he is a follower, one specific scene really showed it, the hot tub of gravy. Stan, especially now, would give the look of: Are you out of your f*cking mind? While Kenny would only do it if he has something to gain from it, other than that he would just say "f*ck off" and go do something else. Did not even seem to cross Kyle's mind to say no. Maybe back in season 7 when he had Stan with his stronger personality to latch on to, he could have said no. Now tho, Kyle seems kind of desperate for someone to replace Stan, a personality to follow and who has it: Eric. Hell Kyle has even started to act more like Eric over the last few years, just like Gretchen did when the Plastics dissolved and she changed herself to better fit with her new queen bee. I am not saying Kyle is a mindless drone, but he does need the stability of a strong personality to orbit around.

The first episode I watched this season was You're Getting Old. And this is the first time I have watched this one and it really does come across that it is setting up YGO. Normally Stan says something back to Kyle, but the change becomes evident here.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
PostSat Jun 25, 2011 6:04 pm Offline
Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:59 pm0
They are making fun of how the NCAA treats their student-athletes
NUUUUU PostMon Jun 27, 2011 9:12 pm Offline
Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:48 pm1
Slash aint real????
NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Leroy1994 PostWed Jun 29, 2011 11:30 am Offline
Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:43 am0
Man i love this episode keep making more XD
PostFri Jul 01, 2011 5:36 am Offline
Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:57 am0
Yeah, dude. South Park f*cking owns. xD
PostSat Jul 02, 2011 12:30 pm Offline
Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:44 pm0
Slash...is...real.
Re: PostSat Jul 02, 2011 6:19 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
DApointOFmr wrote:
Slash...is...real.

Don't deceive yourself man. You need to face the truth.
Can't we all just get along?
what relief !! PostSun Jul 03, 2011 10:18 pm Offline
Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:04 pm1Texas
man, they were messin' with my head hard there for a minute ... but I knew they'd get to the truth by the end ... Slash IS Real !! I ALWAYS believed !!
wtf PostMon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 am Offline
Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 am0Earth
for some reason the crack baby episode will start, then completely stop for me. even though every other episode works just fine. any help?
Whats up with the Sarah McLachlan character? PostFri Jul 08, 2011 6:02 am Offline
Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:28 pm0
She doesnt look Canadian at all
Re: Whats up with the Sarah McLachlan character? PostFri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
caseyspaos wrote:
She doesnt look Canadian at all

I have determined that Canadian celebrities only look Canadian when the episode is set in Canada.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
PostFri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 pm Offline
Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:33 pm0NJ
Great episode so far this season has been amazing.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostTue Mar 06, 2012 8:11 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm9
this episode was good. but seeing cartman and kyle interact as some-what friends was really weird, and kind of awkward for me. i like them better hating eachother completely.
Cartman, Kenny, Stan, and Kyle are my heroes!!

Sort by  
Page 14 of 15 222 posts Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next