Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 15 222 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
Re: PostWed May 25, 2011 10:12 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
zipperlip wrote:
I'm on the east coast but it won't play :(

Still playing in the West Coast, dude. Come back in half an hour or so.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 10:30 pm Offline
  • YIM
Mon May 02, 2011 2:13 pm36Michigan
It was a decent episode. Loved the Slash cameo. haha
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 11:00 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
The Slash references and the way he was brought up like Santa...All of that was hilarious!

Not quite sure what to make of the whole ep. I found it strange that Kyle would go along with one of Cartman's ideas, and that's what threw me off for a while.

And as for Stan...poor guy, having to hear about all that stuff going on and the plans for the CBAA. I would have snapped after a while, and believe me, I know what it's like hearing a seemingly neverending shpiel about "unsettling things."

I did get a laugh out of their jokes about Denny's and the Baconalia gimmick, though. I had only caught an ad for it for the first time today, so here I was thinking "THAT was quick!"

Overall, 6.5/10. Not the best, but had its moments.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 11:07 pm Offline
Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:03 am168It doesn't say "Location:"? But that ruins the jokes. :(
Bacon: the best way to temp a "Joo". And yes, Denny's does have a maple bacon sundae, and insanely long lines to get in.

My sister had to explain to me who the leading guitarist of Guns and Roses is. I suppose if you're not familiar with him, it takes away a bit from the joke. But even I know it was a joke. Hilarious, though. I wonder if we'll get a reaction from him. ("So, apparently, I was some guy who was hired to dress as Slash, because Slash is just a folk tale....")
:santa:

Did they accidentally forget Stan's hat, or was it a subtle sign of progress? Were they actually saying "we're willing to animate more stuff now"? But I think this clinched it: I was wrong. Stan is definitely not the main character. I wouldn't say Kyle is, either, given all his years of being the sidekick. But he's had the starring role in so many episodes in the past few seasons. Maybe they want Kyle to be the main character from now on. But good luck convincing me it isn't Cartman.

I doubt this will make any social changes for college students. People will just spout bullcrap like "they're here to learn, and that's their payment, just like any other student". They're paying their tuition. They're taking time away from regular classes to practice. And if their sports careers fall through, they have no plan B. And nobody was ever going to feel sorry for them because people think they're dumb jocks, when really, they were too busy to focus on other classes. So if you're not going to pay the student athletes, at least offer them something to help them out in the long run or use the money to bring back the two dozen f**king departments you cut. Yeah, we have a Sweet Sixteen basketball team and NO F**KING WOMEN'S STUDIES DEPARTMENT. YOU DAMN WELL BETTER MAKE SOME MONEY YOU GOATF**KERS I'm sorry, did I say something just now?
Re: Re: PostWed May 25, 2011 11:30 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Episode has been streaming for over 30 minutes ago if you want to give it another try.

Also - new wallpaper!
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostWed May 25, 2011 11:41 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:45 pm94The YAY Area!
I will probably have to watch it again to fully absorb it, but this episode turned out great! I enjoyed the many twists in the plot and the mystifying ending with "Santa Slash". That's so South Park dude.

The best part IMO was Kyle's desperate attempt to clear his own conscience about his role in CBAA in front of Stan. I just love it when M&T invoke Stan & Kyle's friendship in the plot because their mutual interaction really helps to bring out their underlying moral goodness. The rich character development of Stan, Kyle, Wendy, and Butters is the main reason why I enjoy South Park so much over the Simpsons and other similar shows that only showcase characters with shallow, eccentric personalities.

In addition, as with HUMANCENTiPAD and T.M.I., M&T made good use of the plot to underscore the episode's intended message, that NCAA, EA Sports (and many corporations IMO) exploit their employees/partners/etc. unfairly for the sake of profit and use token philantropy mainly just to put on a good public face. Cartman acting as a southern slave trader and exposing the hypocrisy of the dean was hilarious and totally drove that point home. And people who actually think such behavior is justified are just as misinformed as people who believe Santa Claus is real.

Overall, it's a 8.6/10. Two 8+ episodes in a row now, certainly not an easy feat for a hard critic like me. Keep up the great work M&T! Squeeze in a Wendy episode and this spring run will be a success in my book even with its sluggish start. :mrgreen:

Favorite Characters: KYLE -- STAN -- WENDY -- BUTTERS
Favorite Character to hate: C A R T M A N !!!

Favorite Episode: THE LIST
what? PostWed May 25, 2011 11:44 pm Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:21 pm0
are there manatees picking out the episode balls for this season of southpark.. im the BIGGEST fan of southpark but really?? the last one about penis sizes was GREAT but the other four episodes SUCK
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 12:33 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
well well... this was a pleasant surprise. It was actually better than I thought it would be. Kyle and Cartman weren't too buddy-buddy which I feared might happen.
you could still tell they hated each other and Kyle was being used for Cartman's gain as always. I loved the Slash thing!!!! Too funny. The ending was great. I burst out laughing when Kyle told Stan the orphanage was just like his vision, just like Miracle on 34th Street. Stan didn't have a big part but he was used the right way. Being his smart, calm, self. The looks he gave Kyle the whole time... :lol: Kyle trying to convince Stan the CBAA wasn't as bad as it sounded... him showing up randomly in his room at night!! :lol: All funny.

but... since when was anyone ten??!! That threw me off. Inconsistent and after how many years they aren't 8/9?? I say they are nine still. Ah well.

From first viewing I give this... a 8/10. Excited to see it again. Next week: MARSH!! :D
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Well.. PostThu May 26, 2011 1:18 am Offline
Wed May 25, 2011 1:59 pm0
i Dunno About The Ending But Most Of it was Funny.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 1:18 am Offline
Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm40
LOOOOOVE IT !!!!

1st - Quebec reference !!! BUT POUTINE NEED CHEESE !!!!!!! Squick-Squick CHEESE !!! HAHA

2nd - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gspElv1yvc lol found that and nice reference xD

3th - Love the story with Cartman and Kyle and BUTTER. Nice little compagny getting screw

4th - NCAA player that dont get paid !

5th - BEACOOOOOOOOOOOOOON kyles like it ? :O jew eat beacon sometimes ? haha

6th - Kyles copying Cartman xD.

in resume, best this season ! BUT POUTINE NEED CHEESE IN POO ! ( Free traduction of : Fromage en crotte ) haha
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 1:24 am Offline
Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:31 am1
WunderSlaush is not a reference to Santa clause.

There really is a dutch saint that is celebrated the 5/6th of December and parents dress up and hand out presents to kids.

He is celebrated in the Netherlands and Belgium. The song of WunderSlaush is actually a dutch song "Sinterklaas Kapoentje". (the song you hear in the episode is some German changed version with Wunderslaush) = it's not dutch language you hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJkzj9yMUc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas
Dutch? PostThu May 26, 2011 1:55 am Offline
Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:25 am0
Seriously Americans. Theres a HUGE difference between Dutch and German, and this sounded more like a mix between German and Russian than anything at all like Dutch.
Dutch PostThu May 26, 2011 2:21 am Offline
Thu May 26, 2011 2:16 am0
I liked this episode. The only thing I didnt like was the dutch part. I live in Belgium and speak dutch, and I can tell you that the used language was German or a veeery bad pronounced version of dutch.
To the makers of South Park: If you ever make another episode with Dutch in it, mail me and I will translate english into dutch even with a voice memo attatched so the pronunciation is correct :D
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 2:26 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Remmar wrote:
WunderSlaush is not a reference to Santa clause.

There really is a dutch saint that is celebrated the 5/6th of December and parents dress up and hand out presents to kids.

He is celebrated in the Netherlands and Belgium. The song of WunderSlaush is actually a dutch song "Sinterklaas Kapoentje". (the song you hear in the episode is some German changed version with Wunderslaush) = it's not dutch language you hear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xJkzj9yMUc
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

Learn how Sinterklaas became Santa Claus

Byzantic wrote:
I liked this episode. The only thing I didnt like was the dutch part. I live in Belgium and speak dutch, and I can tell you that the used language was German or a veeery bad pronounced version of dutch.
To the makers of South Park: If you ever make another episode with Dutch in it, mail me and I will translate english into dutch even with a voice memo attatched so the pronunciation is correct :D

The same was true last week about the French Randy uttered, and the German used in "Funnybot." Matt and Trey are deliberately mangling the foreign languages they're supposedly using in these episodes. They don't care if anyone calls them out on that.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 2:30 am Offline
Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am31San Diego
I wish there was a download for Butters singing "Boom Boom Pow". :lol:

The episode was great! Had me laughing the whole time! But I can't help but wonder what Kenny is up to these days...

Sort by  
Page 3 of 15 222 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next