Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 15 222 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 4:32 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Just a weird, stupid episode for the most part. I don't know anything about EA sports or American college basketball so that whole point was lost on me. Why can't they make episodes with universal themes anymore?

Only funny part was the end: "See? He IS real, you guyssss." So absurd.

Never underestimate how funny Cartman's voice can be. It's a shame Modern Cartman sucks.

Well, 5 episodes down and only one good episode in the run (T.M.I.). Looks like another flub of a season...
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 5:01 am Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
Brendle wrote:
Just a weird, stupid episode for the most part. I don't know anything about EA sports or American college basketball so that whole point was lost on me. Why can't they make episodes with universal themes anymore?

SP has always poked fun at the culture the creators grew up in and live in now, I doubt they are trying to cheat foreign fans. Rather than complain, how about expanding your horizons. Read a wiki page on those topics and watch the episode again.

Slavery and exploitation, "getting away with it" and all while keeping a clear conscience and soaking in KFC gravy, well those are some very universal themes.
PostThu May 26, 2011 5:04 am Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:22 pm0
Screw you SEWR, i am goooing hooome
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 5:10 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
This episode was okay it was a diffrent take on the Kyle/Cartman rivalry,funny parts were Butters falling of his chair at the begining and him singing.

Kyle knows what he is doing is wrong yet tries to justify his actions to Stan,The slash parts where funny too and nice to see Kyle's orphanage bulit at the end.

6/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 5:48 am Offline
Thu May 12, 2011 12:14 pm11
This episode was a futile attempt at mocking college sports and paying players. I honestly did not find it that funny.
I would have rather been standing in the Amazon River up to my scrotum urinating while some exotic serpent like creature swam up my pee stream and forced itself into my penis only to be removed with intrusive and painful surgery.

This is just my opinion so please don’t take it personal.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 6:19 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
Once again I loved it! (I always do)
1. Butters singing to The Black Eyed Peas (sexy awesome)
2. M&T's alma mater made a "guest" appearance
3. Bacon!
4. The fact that they "poked fun" at the Sarah Mclachlan song for the ASPCA commercial. Anytime that commercial comes on my sister will yell from the next room "shut that off, it's so sad!"

Not funny:
1. Slash... I can't believe this is how I had to find out he's not real! :cry:

It was great seeing Clyde and Craig as a part of the storyline.
??? PostThu May 26, 2011 6:29 am Offline
Tue May 10, 2011 6:08 am0
Is there really only SEVEN EPISODES left ??
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 6:40 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Brendle wrote:
I don't know anything about EA sports or American college basketball so that whole point was lost on me.

I don't, either, and I thought it was funny.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 6:53 am Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:07 am16
Fick mich, du miserabler hurenson
Fick mich, du miserabler hurenson
Streck ihn aus
Streck aus deinen heiBen gelockten :santa:
Streck ihn aus
Streck ihn aus
schwanz
Ah-ee-ahee-ahhhhh!
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 6:56 am Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:07 am16
@ neuroheart

I don't think your signature is all that clever.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 7:52 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Brendle wrote:

SP has always poked fun at the culture the creators grew up in and live in now, I doubt they are trying to cheat foreign fans. Rather than complain, how about expanding your horizons. Read a wiki page on those topics and watch the episode again.

Yeah, fair point...I guess I can't blame THEM for ME not being privy to this "culture" you speak of.

But it is still possible to be funny and still not alienate people who aren't familiar with the subject matter...I had no idea what Casa Bonita even was and that was a hilarious episode. I had no idea who Chris Hansen was or what his show was about, yet he was still funny.

UhhIDontKnow wrote:
Slavery and exploitation, "getting away with it" and all while keeping a clear conscience and soaking in KFC gravy, well those are some very universal themes.

Seems like an arbitrary point to make. Why would Kyle/Cartman suddenly give a sh*t about corporations treating employees as slaves or college basketball associations treating the players as slaves?

Why would Kyle/Cartman be emotionally invested in that? It seems like Matt Stone just wanted to express his opinions on the matter. Write a relevant, realistic story FIRST with believable storylines, Matt.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 8:04 am Offline
Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 pm14
Terrible episode, probably the worst i have ever seen. Did not laugh.
PostThu May 26, 2011 8:23 am Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:52 pm24
BUTTERS SINGING BOOM BOOM POW. : D

That is all.
Re: *1505: Crack Baby Athletic Association* Post-Air Discuss PostThu May 26, 2011 8:24 am Offline
Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:24 pm52
I'm so happy that this episode brought back "Mostly...Mostly" as is reminiscent of their early episode "Cat Orgy." I love it when they resurrect classic characters.
:( PostThu May 26, 2011 8:31 am Offline
Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:33 am0
Well, I don't mean to hate on SP because it is one show that I always watch when feeling down on life and makes me laugh, but I am not feeling this season at all, hasn't been funny at all! There is just so much that can be done with Cartman, Cartman and Butters are simply the best. Butters stole the episode with his singing, wish he should've sung the whole or at least most of the song. It was an ok episode, but expected better. Send the boys to other countries and get them into trouble led by missguided Cartman of course. Anyways, so far this sseason, TMI and this one have been the only OK episodes, but ar from great. Hoping for better episodes to follow...

Sort by  
Page 4 of 15 222 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next