Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 7 93 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue May 31, 2011 7:34 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Zazaban wrote:
I'm fairly certain there will be some mention of Professor Chaos in here. It's too appropriate to miss.

Especially if General Disarray visits Butters in whatever place he's in with that doctor from nall's clip last Friday :wink:
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue May 31, 2011 7:53 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
I like Dissaray like he likes Math :)
I'm hoping this isn't a rehash of the ritalin episode.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue May 31, 2011 8:49 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:39 pm28My laptop
Unassumption wrote:
I'm hoping this isn't a rehash of the ritalin episode.

Um, why would this ep echo "Timmy 2000"? In "Timmy 2000" the kids pretend to have ADD so they get off homework, in this case Butters really has a multi-personality disorder and most likely isn't faking. I mean, think about it! There's Chaos, Marjorine, all the wishy-washyness, and those moments when he's in panic about tiny things (Skeletore's real? Skeletore's a LADY!? from TMI) as well as the way he believes every lie and has no sense of doubt, and the way he can sometimes be the tough guy (Just walk away. Just walk away, and we will spare your lives. Just walk away.). I mean, that is way too much for one personality. This is real.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue May 31, 2011 10:37 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
I imagine the concern that it might be a re-hash of the "ritalin episode" comes from the clip about Butters needing plenty of tender loving medication; it might be another comment on the prevalence of medicating children when it's not really necessary. (Which would really be fine, even if they've done it before, it has been more than a decade and there might be some new issues in the same vein worth addressing.)
KennyRulzMyWorld wrote:
in this case Butters really has a multi-personality disorder and most likely isn't faking...that is way too much for one personality. This is real.

Except he probably doesn't really have D.I.D.
Putting aside, for the sake of simplicity, the argument about whether the condition actually exists, the current synopsis says, "The boys want to help Butters find out whats really happening to him but Butters may not like what they find."
Now, synopses have been totally wrong before, but there isn't much else to go on until tomorrow. My guess would be that what's really happening is that he is a gullible little boy, easily convinced that he's having lapses of memory that would denote more than one personality. He's also easily talked into doing many things, which will probably be the story with that bank-heist promo pic.

For the record: Professor Chaos and Marjorine do not fit the definition of being alternate personalities. Butters is fully aware of both of them, and becomes Chaos at will. Arguably, the same is true of Marjorine, but since he's only "become" her the one time, there's less to go on, there. She was a part that he deliberately played, and even when he was wrapped up in having fun at the slumber party he didn't lose track of his identity. For example, he didn't profess ignorance of who Cartman was or what he was talking about during their phone conversation, which is what would have happened if Marjorine fit the definition of being a full-fledged personality.
Both of those... 'personas' if you will, maintain the same mannerisms and speech patterns inherent to Butters, another strong indication that they are not fully developed alternate identities.

Butters has been through a lot, and I don't doubt the boy has some issues, but I do seriously doubt that dissociative identity is one of them.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue May 31, 2011 11:53 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^very true. Butters is aware of those he pretends to be. A lot of time he is forced to become that person or thing so I don't think it is part of a real problem. He's just easy to manipulate :P
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 1:41 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
My assumption at this point is that Butters' Professor Chaos character will somehow get the ball rolling on the multiple personalities diagnosis with his parents and/or doctors. That's assuming he doesn't actually have multiple personalities. If he actually does, then anything can happen and we might not see Chaos at all.

But given Butters' history of being told he's got problems he really doesn't and getting in trouble for stuff he didn't do, I think he won't really have multiple personalities.

Plus, there's a really good chance that Fatass has something to do with the likely misdiagnosis.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Plus, there's a really good chance that Fatass has something to do with the likely misdiagnosis.

Of course Cartman will be involved in this! Examples are season 7's Casa Bonita where Butters believes every word Cartman says re: the end of the world and hides in the bomb shelter, and the peculiar back-to-back episodes in Season 12 were Butters stays with Cartman as Cartman goes to Super Phun Tyme and refuses to let go of Cartman's hand until Butters tells Garrison: "My partner is back on the bus," to the VERY NEXT EPISODE in the China Problem where Cartman comes into Butters' bathroom while Butters is taking a bath and convinces Butters to help Cartman with the American Liberation Front and Butters does do what Cartman wants.

There are so many Butters/Cartman dynamics over the years (Season 9's The Death of Eric Cartman comes to mind where only Butters (according to Cartman) can see Cartman alive as a ghost).

I can give pages of examples of the Cartman/Butters dynamics, but readers of this thread know them all as well as I do, so I'll stop here.

I believe that a Cartman/Butters dynamic will definitely have something to do with Butters being taken to doctors for this diagnosis.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 2:10 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
So if 1506 completely revolves around Fatass again, can 1507 have as little to do with Fatass as possible?
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
PostWed Jun 01, 2011 2:29 pm Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:42 pm0
Why every time do you say that the episode is going to be aired on ... and it's never true... Pffff
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 2:32 pm Offline
nwt000 wrote:
So if 1506 completely revolves around Fatass again, can 1507 have as little to do with Fatass as possible?

I doubt it. As I said in the 1505 pre-air thread, which I will repeat again here, South Park is all about Cartman:

From my post in the 1505 pre-air thread:
airsoft0wnz wrote:
yup looks like another stupid cartman episode, common guys you can do so much better, season 12 is your best, iv actully been kinda dissipointed in every season since. you need to stop using cartman as the main charicter in every episode. you may as well change the name from South Park to "The Adventures of Eric Cartman" because thats what is becoming. why him in the first place? hes annoying and nothing he says or does is funny at all. i havn't even seen kenny or stan much at all, stan has had like 3 lines this hole season, and i don't think kenny has said a word. kyle has had more time in season 15 but its been mostly cartman. season 1-5 were the best, season 6 sucked, you can't replace the charicters like that, tweak is just gay. 7-10 were all forgetable. 11 and 12 were good, 14 was ok but everthing since is been on a downhill ride. i know im not the only one who feels that way. also let kenny talk with out his hood more but not alot, kenny has always been my favorite, idk why he's just aswome.
ether way i'll never stop watching south park, its still funny, just need less cartman.

It's always been about Cartman. How many other characters have their names right in the title? Starting with episode 101, "Cartman gets an anal probe," there have been so many episodes with Cartman's name in it:

1. Cartman get's an anal probe
2. Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut
3. Cartman's Mom Is Still A Dirty Slut
4. Cartman's Silly Hate Crime 2000
5. Cartman Joins NAMBLA
6. Cartmanland
7. Cartman's Incredible Gift
8. The Death Of Eric Cartman
9. Cartman Sucks

And of course episodes without Cartman's name in the title are peppered all over the place with Cartman plot lines; 200 and 201 for example had a lot to do with who Cartman's Dad was, Imaginationaland had the strong theme in three episodes of Cartman wanting to suck Kyle's balls; The Coon, the Coon trilogy - you get the idea.

Come on, nine episodes with the name "Cartman" right in the title? That's my take on it, airsoft0wnz, where you say:

airsoft0wnz wrote:
yup looks like another stupid cartman episode

and

airsoft0wnz wrote:
you may as well change the name from South Park to "The Adventures of Eric Cartman"

and

airsoft0wnz wrote:
ether way i'll never stop watching south park, its still funny, just need less cartman.

EDIT:

Yougoboss wrote:
Why every time do you say that the episode is going to be aired on ... and it's never true... Pffff

:?:
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 3:10 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Interestingly, we still have absolutely no information on why the episode is titled 'City Sushi'.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 3:22 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Zazaban wrote:
Interestingly, we still have absolutely no information on why the episode is titled 'City Sushi'.

My guess is a sushi-based competitor to City Wok.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 3:25 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
nwt000 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:

Yes, that does seem most likely.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 4:01 pm Offline
nwt000 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:

And the competitor is: Butters :D
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 5:38 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Wonder what the B-story will be. The A has to be about Butters of course and perhaps the boys helping him is part of the main story as well. But Lu Kim has to be a part of the eppy some how. And he is always a riot so... there is a lot of promise but... will remain on the fence until I see the eppy :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 6 of 7 93 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next