Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 18 260 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:37 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I hate to say this, but I did not like it. It sucked.

WAY too many throw-away episodes this season half. Let's hope Matt & Trey enjoy their summer break, hopefully away from The Book Of Mormon which seems to be top priority these days, thus more lame episodes like this one.

Last week was great. The week before was as well and the week before.

But this ep joins Funnybot, A Million Little Fibers in the "throw away" catigory.

I hope and pray next week will be good. Its our last chance til October.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:37 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Woah, that was awesome. Another unexpected dovetail this season. The whole Chinese = Japanese thing was going no where then all of sudden, it's Lu Kim the whole time. Very nice twist, Matt & Trey Shamalan.

And poor Butters gets roped into someone else's crap when he's just trying to be a kid.

I'll guess some people will be bumming the fab four were background characters in this one, but it still worked for me. Butters can carry an episode.

This season is turning out to be fine, just fine.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:38 pm Offline
Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:27 pm13
I can safely say that this episode has the best twist since they revealed Cartman's real father in 201. It was also really enjoyable.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:38 pm Offline
Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:11 am28
All i can think right now is wtf. Still a freaking hilarious episode, love Lu Kim, and I did not expect that at all.
Last edited by OctopusSandwich on Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:40 pm Offline
Sun May 29, 2011 7:40 pm4
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
HO-LY-SHIT!!!!! :shock:

my words exactly
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:40 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
I can safely say that this episode has the best twist since they revealed Cartman's real father in 201. It was also really enjoyable.

110% agree :D
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:41 pm Offline
Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm1
I may be wrong about this, but is this the first and only episode of South Park to not feature any of the main four boys in speaking roles?
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:43 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm175in a small dark egg carton
Meh im not entirlly sure im ready to call it best of season but still a 9/10 on the scale :lol:

Finally a twist this season something NOBODY EXCEPECTED. i really like eps like that.

i just wonder if we will see any more mr janus/sh*tty wok guy conflicts?

And I know im just screaming at a wall here but seriously wil we ever see a Kenny or stan ep EVER?
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
My initial post was me putting down my first reaction. Now I've had time to reflect on the episode. In terms of plot, it was well written. Lots of surprises, and it kept me in the dark until the end. In terms of characters, it fit everyone perfectly. Butters was being naive and believing what others told him, his parents were being complete assh*les, "It can't be us! We're Awesome!". :lol:
That whole thing with Lu Kim was just pure genius. I will never watch an episode with him the same way again. In terms of hilarity, it was funniest act 1, creepier act 2, and a complete mindfuck in act 3. Constant shifts in the episode's plot keep you on your toes, and keep each new scene fresh. Overall, I thought it was a very good episode, and I hope for something this amazing next week.
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:44 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
It seems that the word "shit" entered the realm of uncensored cuss words this season. So that wasn't a mistake a couple weeks ago when it wasn't bleeped for two acts.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:45 pm Offline
Sat May 14, 2011 8:49 pm9
Hmph. The press release on the front page said something about the boys helping Butters. The only time I saw them was in the opening credits. Maybe they were in the assembly at school. Didn't catch it.

But oh well. You didn't really need them. This episode was great.

I liked Butters plot. How his parents and the doctor took his child's imagination as multiple personalities. The adults are so stupid sometimes, and I love it.

Lu Kim's plot (seemed more A-plot than Butters) was fantastic. I love the inclusion of the Rape of Nanking (which not many people know about) and the Japanese suicide rates. And how Lu Kim delivered his presentation.
It was all priceless.

The ending was good.
The Japanese/Chinese (wait, teriyaki isn't Chinese?!) plot was funny.
The doctor peeing on Butters, and how his other personalities would bring him along and he'd snap back out, etc.

I liked this episode.
Hopefully you guys end on a good note. I'd like to see a Stan episode, or Kenny, or even Mr. Garrison. Kyle, Butters, and Cartman have had a lot of screen time thus far.
I kind-of want to see Kenny die again. (as morbid as that sounds)
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:46 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Wow.

Just wow.

As the ending came I thought this episode was starting to get stupid, hoping we see Kevin among the Chinese, or Professor Chaos come out, or something. Wondering why they introduced like a fifth damn psychologist character.

But wow.

That just... kind of blew me out of the water. And to think I just did a whole mansion murder mystery fic. Now South Park's done it. This episode was a great reminder what makes South Park such an amazing series.

I never saw that bit coming at all. At all.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:48 pm Offline
Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm20
Now THAT was a south park episode!
Lu Kim and his obsession with the Japanese man was great!
And I mean, holy hell, what a twist! I'm pretty sure nobody saw that coming.

And poor Butters was put in the middle of it all! (multiple personalities? Pfft, he's ten! He can be whatever he wants.) I'm glad xD

Anybody else notice he didn't get to burn his Prof. Chaos costume? <3
t1CK
t0ck
8r8k
H34DS
honk
HONK
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:49 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Only one A plot: Postman Butters offering a coupon to City Wok. That theme continues to the closing credits. Genius. Absolute Genius!

And it all began with Butters in City Wok talking with Lu Kim:

RougeCupcake wrote:
Anybody else notice he didn't get to burn his Prof. Chaos costume? <3

Yes :D
Re: *1506: City Sushi* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 01, 2011 7:51 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm175in a small dark egg carton
Anybody else notice he didn't get to burn his Prof. Chaos costume?

I did and THANK GOD!
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Last edited by whatwouldwedo W/o SP on Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 18 260 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next