Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 10 of 12 172 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ Makes sense :)

I am just really anxious to find out everything tomorrow night. Seems like a lot will happen. Just the line: Stan's birthday changes everything. What?? How? Why? What happens that is so huge everything 'changes'? And what does his birthday, fallout with Kyle, fallout with the rest of his friends have to do with the town in itself? I swear it almost sounds like some sort of two-parter but doubt it. This episode just feels... epic almost. Very important to the series. But I'm just speculating...

ahhh only... 28 hours left to go!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 pm43
Stanluv25 wrote:

ahhh only... 28 hours left to go!!

Only 24 here... lol :p
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18782I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Stanluv25 wrote:
sh*t is going down! sh*t is going down!!

Is that from an eppy or not? I just know I used it in one of my fanfics before lol.

Yes, but I'm not sure which one. I used to think it was the sh*t episode, but I was proven partially wrong after watching it recently.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
BRMBug wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

Is that from an eppy or not? I just know I used it in one of my fanfics before lol.

Yes, but I'm not sure which one. I used to think it was the sh*t episode, but I was proven partially wrong after watching it recently.

With Apologies to Jesse Jackson: "Race war! Race war's on, everybody! It's going down! sh*t is going down!"
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 07, 2011 8:36 pm Offline
Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:00 pm19
John_117 wrote:
Of all the kids here who will hate on Stan:

1. Cartman will obviously leave him. He's just a douchebag. Period.

2. Kyle will definitely get in a fight with him. M&T even said so themselves.

3. Wendy might dump him because he's no longer the cool kid.

4. Butters will follow the crowd blindly because he's an idiot and just wants to blend in.

5. Of all the characters, I feel Kenny being the least likely to leave Stan, don't get me wrong, but he seems to deal with Stan the least, he doesn't really seem to hate on anyone, not even Butters or Pip (except Cartman, but seriously, everyone hates him) and he is actually a very compassionate guy. With the exception of lashing out on Cartman in Major Boobage, Kenny seems to be the most compassionate.

All but Kenny make sense, not to say that Kenny isn't the most compassionate of the group, I just doubt that he would stick with Stan is this situation. For example, in "South Park is Gay" He nonchalantly abandons Kyle to be bullied shortly after Cartman does. He also doesn't seem that close to Stan which makes him taking Stan's side even more unlikely.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 07, 2011 8:43 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
TheViolentLolita wrote:
John_117 wrote:
Of all the kids here who will hate on Stan:

1. Cartman will obviously leave him. He's just a douchebag. Period.

2. Kyle will definitely get in a fight with him. M&T even said so themselves.

3. Wendy might dump him because he's no longer the cool kid.

4. Butters will follow the crowd blindly because he's an idiot and just wants to blend in.

5. Of all the characters, I feel Kenny being the least likely to leave Stan, don't get me wrong, but he seems to deal with Stan the least, he doesn't really seem to hate on anyone, not even Butters or Pip (except Cartman, but seriously, everyone hates him) and he is actually a very compassionate guy. With the exception of lashing out on Cartman in Major Boobage, Kenny seems to be the most compassionate.

All but Kenny make sense, not to say that Kenny isn't the most compassionate of the group, I just doubt that he would stick with Stan is this situation. For example, in "South Park is Gay" He nonchalantly abandons Kyle to be bullied shortly after Cartman does. He also doesn't seem that close to Stan which makes him taking Stan's side even more unlikely.

Yes, but he's most likely the one who will stick up for Stan, either that, or he'll be the last one to desert Stan.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostTue Jun 07, 2011 11:42 pm Offline
Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:45 am69Ontario, Canada
NeuroHeart wrote:
BRMBug wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

With Apologies to Jesse Jackson: "Race war! Race war's on, everybody! It's going down! sh*t is going down!"

Or Cripple Fight: "Cripple fight! CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!"
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 10:55 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
neocarleen wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

Is that from an eppy or not?

Or Cripple Fight: "Cripple fight! CRIPPLE FIGHT!!!"

...Right, the intonation is similar, but he never says, "Cripple fight! Sh*t is going down!" so if you were looking specifically for the line, "Sh*t is going down!" it is to be found in With Apologies to Jesse Jackson.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Random ideas and sh##! PostWed Jun 08, 2011 11:55 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Who here doesn't like South Park, oh the amazingnessly awesomenessful crazyshitsapoluza of episodes... it's cool!
I think this will be a landmark episode, that it's a game changer, a wining shot, a monumental movement, as quoted "sh## it going down!"!
I have to speculate and predict, get my thoughts out to the reader, you know, the two of you who read this. My thoughts are that Stan loses or gains popularity from making the music listened to in the clip, if that's not the case, then maybe the A and B plot stay apart until the very end, like in City Sushi.
P.S.....
South Park Rules!!! :mrgreen: !!!!

P.P.S.(If that's even a thing?) Big text is cool.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 12:05 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
I doubt they're going to change the show permanently, though they've been trying for continuity more lately. If S and K have a fight they'll get over it by the end of the episode.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 12:13 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Nobody thought Stan and Wendy's relationship would end, but it did. I think there is a chance that Stan and Kyle will no longer be super best friends by the end of this one. I do not think anyone will die, but their will be major changes in multiple friendships and some characters may adopt new looks. I think the cliques among the 4th graders will be different by 1508, including the main group.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 12:16 pm Offline
Is it just me or are the descriptions not looked over well enough?

For example, here is the description for City Sushi:
"Butters is diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. The boys want to help Butters find out whats really happening to him but Butters may not like what they find."

Yes, Butters does have MPD or DID (Depending on Today's terms), but the boys are not even in the episode, so how are they there to help him, and Butters finds out for himself what's really been happening to him, he shows Dr. Janus himself the tape. Also, (whats) needs to be changed to (what's). Does this not need fixing, I would kind of like it fixed. Also, as to why I'm posting this here, the "You're Getting Old" description:

"After stan celebrates his 10th birthday, he begins to see everything differently. The other boys think hes become a major buzzkill and start to avoid hanging out with him. When Stan and Kyle have a major blow up, the very fabric of south park begins to unravel."

First off, Stan should be capitalized, proper noun. In sentence two, hes should be he's, (hes) is not a word, (he has) is, like (Don't) and (Do not). Again, South Park should be capitalized, a proper noun. Isn't buzzkill supposed to be two words, buzz then kill. I thought the people typing this stuff took an English class or two. Maybe they're just really busy, I've never really noticed it before, must be an easily made mistake.

This worries me because if the description to City Sushi does not match, then what stops the description for "You're Getting Older" from being wrong and the episode turning out completely different?
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 1:35 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I'd relax. Stan & Kyle will be buds again after 22 minutes. They'll have some dramatic blow up, but they'll be back to being bros and no one will need to worry their pretty little heads all summer.

Now that I've said that, carrying a dispute between Stan & Kyle through a multi-episode arc is actually a pretty sweet idea. It breaks up the Stan & Kyle vs. Cartman dynamic that dominates the disagreements among the four. But it'd best be done in the middle of a run.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 2:01 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
RichardV1150 wrote:

"Butters is diagnosed with multiple personality disorder. The boys want to help Butters find out whats really happening to him but Butters may not like what they find."

Yes, Butters does have MPD or DID (Depending on Today's terms), but the boys are not even in the episode, so how are they there to help him, and Butters finds out for himself what's really been happening to him, he shows Dr. Janus himself the tape. Also, (whats) needs to be changed to (what's). Does this not need fixing, I would kind of like it fixed. Also, as to why I'm posting this here, the "You're Getting Old" description:

A lot can happen to an episode between Sunday's announcement and Wednesday's airing - Trey changes stuff around all the time - so the episodes won't be finished until Wednesday afternoon.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 2:51 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
RichardV1150 wrote:

A lot can happen to an episode between Sunday's announcement and Wednesday's airing - Trey changes stuff around all the time - so the episodes won't be finished until Wednesday afternoon.

I figured as much, from what I've gleemed listening to Matt and Trey, they mostly always finish episodes within twelve hours of air time, I just never notice the descriptions being too different, I bet it's happened in the past as well. Thanks for clarifying Will.
:)

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 10 of 12 172 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next