Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 11 of 12 172 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 3:28 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
triplemultiplex wrote:
I'd relax. Stan & Kyle will be buds again after 22 minutes. They'll have some dramatic blow up, but they'll be back to being bros and no one will need to worry their pretty little heads all summer.

Now that I've said that, carrying a dispute between Stan & Kyle through a multi-episode arc is actually a pretty sweet idea. It breaks up the Stan & Kyle vs. Cartman dynamic that dominates the disagreements among the four. But it'd best be done in the middle of a run.

Why does everyone keep thinking that Stan and Kyle will be buds again? It's perfectly possible to lose a best friend in a fight.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 4:14 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
John_117 wrote:
Why does everyone keep thinking that Stan and Kyle will be buds again?

Because status quo is god.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 4:28 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
John_117 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
I'd relax. Stan & Kyle will be buds again after 22 minutes. They'll have some dramatic blow up, but they'll be back to being bros and no one will need to worry their pretty little heads all summer.

Now that I've said that, carrying a dispute between Stan & Kyle through a multi-episode arc is actually a pretty sweet idea. It breaks up the Stan & Kyle vs. Cartman dynamic that dominates the disagreements among the four. But it'd best be done in the middle of a run.

Why does everyone keep thinking that Stan and Kyle will be buds again? It's perfectly possible to lose a best friend in a fight.

There is a chance that Stan and Kyle might not recover from their dispute, but I will seriously be devastated if that happens. Even though things we're used to can change, Stan and Kyle usually reconcile by the end of the episode, so I'm hopeful that this will be the same.

Wahhhhhhh!!!! I have to worry about if the episode will have too much Randy AND worry about if Stan and Kyle might lose their friendship for good (but as NeuroHeart said, "Status Quo is God") AND worry that Kenny isn't at the party with no reasonable excuse as to why (Personally, I think Kenny is just not viewable in that particular shot) AND worry that the episode doesn't follow the description!!? My confidence is diminishing... Gotta stay positive, gotta stay positive....
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 4:50 pm Offline
Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:02 pm11
nwt000 wrote:
Nobody thought Stan and Wendy's relationship would end, but it did. I think there is a chance that Stan and Kyle will no longer be super best friends by the end of this one. I do not think anyone will die, but their will be major changes in multiple friendships and some characters may adopt new looks. I think the cliques among the 4th graders will be different by 1508, including the main group.

Wow, bold predictions. I would usualy balk at the idea the status quo could change so drasticaly, but South Park has done it before, so you might just be right...

I hope this episode will be as consistently funny as the last few episodes have been. I’m not sure I’m interested in the Randy sideplot, but anything that can threaten the very fabric of reality sounds fun.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 4:55 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
I put myself on self-imposed exile from the forums. I figured that with Matt and Trey so viciously tired after years of near-constant work and the staff doing their normally mind-frazzling work, I wouldn't post until after the half-season was over and they could rest.

But a Stan episode? I pray it is actually a Stan episode and, while being extremely funny, it delivers on what the press release promises. The beauty of South Park, to me, was seamlessly blending comedically brilliant scenes with excellent characterization and interaction, and often splicing childhood fervor and personality with a more adult atmosphere. This will hopefully lack the 'adult' atmosphere- it often is needed only when the plot demands a modicrum of political or social intelligence- and focus on kids, conflict, and laughter.

If it does that, it will be great. If it doesn't, I burn motherf*ckers down.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 4:56 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Thanks for the 'sh*t is going down!' bit! I remember it now! Haha. But I was thinking it was Cripple Fight but didn't know if Cartman actually said 'sh*t is going down.' Anyhooo

I love the idea of Stan and Kyle getting into a fight so large it does carry on into season 15 B's opener. The thought of a two-parter with Stan and Kyle not being bros... that is really sweet and interesting and something they haven't done before. I love the thought.

I just get the feel this episode is going to be different somehow. That something happens in it that does change the show. Somehow. But it could just be mindless speculating. All I know is it's gonna rock. I just can't wait much longer!

5 hours now!! *dances*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 4:59 pm Offline
Levente wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Nobody thought Stan and Wendy's relationship would end, but it did. I think there is a chance that Stan and Kyle will no longer be super best friends by the end of this one. I do not think anyone will die, but their will be major changes in multiple friendships and some characters may adopt new looks. I think the cliques among the 4th graders will be different by 1508, including the main group.

Wow, bold predictions. I would usualy balk at the idea the status quo could change so drasticaly, but South Park has done it before, so you might just be right...

I hope this episode will be as consistently funny as the last few episodes have been. I’m not sure I’m interested in the Randy sideplot, but anything that can threaten the very fabric of reality sounds fun.

To me, the greatest 'evidence' of there possibly being changes is the timing. This is an end of run episode. If there are to be dynamic changes to the core of the show, then now is the best time to make those changes since the staff can more easily pick up on the impact of those choices after they rest and have more time.

I am not sold either way.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:01 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Wow guys...such dim outlooks and dramatic predictions. Some say Stan and Kyle's friendship will come to an end. Some say the character's appearances will be permanently altered. Some say they'll go into the fifth grade.

Relax. Chill. Calm down. Take it easy.

If by the end of the episode Stan and Kyle are not still good/best friends, at least one character permanently looks different, or some other dramatic change like that, I give you all permission to steal all my belongings, hijack my car at gunpoint, rape me with a baseball bat, circumcise me, and put a .45 slug between my eyes.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:04 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
it is way too fun to talk of an episode that hasn't aired yet :D then finding out how wrong we all were after we see it. XD
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:06 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
^^You're right. I am going to watch it at 9pm tonight.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:08 pm Offline
Niels0827 wrote:
Wow guys...such dim outlooks and dramatic predictions. Some say Stan and Kyle's friendship will come to an end. Some say the character's appearances will be permanently altered. Some say they'll go into the fifth grade.

If by the end of the episode Stan and Kyle are not still good/best friends, at least one character permanently looks different, or some other dramatic change like that, I give you all permission to steal all my belongings, hijack my car at gunpoint, rape me with a baseball bat, circumcise me, and put a .45 slug between my eyes.

I think the only one who will freak out completely if Stan and Kyle aren't friends is kfgg.

But still, do I need permission to do any of that to you right now?
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:10 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:

I think the only one who will freak out completely if Stan and Kyle aren't friends is kfgg.

No, not you. But everyone else does. We were roommates for two years. That was more of a punishment than any of the things I listed. :mrgreen:
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:11 pm Offline
Niels0827 wrote:
ShaneHaughey wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:

No, not you. But everyone else does. We were roommates for two years. That was more of a punishment than any of the things I listed. :mrgreen:

Punishment for who, again? I had to deal with all of the horrible things you did to poor Miss Bianca, God rest her soul you fiend.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:46 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
My money's on them changing something but it won't be too big a deal or permenant, like with kenny dying in season 6.

Quote:
the greatest 'evidence' of there possibly being changes is the timing

That and M and T's recent desire to do things with the characters more of late. I think they're bored and want a change. They're writing fanfic topics in episodes lately lol

Quote:
The thought of a two-parter with Stan and Kyle not being bros

some people will hate that, but it'll be resolved in part 2 if it happens.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Jun 08, 2011 5:53 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
We got a f*cking thunderstorm over here that shut the power off, but it came back on. I was seriously worried for a second that I would not get to see this episode tonight. But now the storm's blown over, and I get to see it. Yay! :D
Can't we all just get along?

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 11 of 12 172 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next