Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 59 of 63 933 posts Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Jul 24, 2011 12:19 am Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
Why the hell would you put those two together again? What writer would?
I don't care if you do have all the kings men and all the kings horses, you don't put something like that back together again.
I understand why someone might want to kill off Kenny permanently, he gets boring. Yet nothing keeps him from being brought back, absolutely nothing, because Kenny has supernatural powers... he can do SH*T!
If you wanted Stan and Wendy to stay broke up forever, again nothing keeps them from being brought back together, even in the most extreme of circumstances. I know because my brother and his soon to be wife, have went on and off ten times more times then those two.
To get on topic, Sharron and Randy are different, they have had extreme circumstances, but they are incompatible people. The way Matt and Trey have wrote them, they weren't meant to work from the start. It isn't because they've fought sooooooo many times, it's because they have opposite personalities. Sharron is a more down-to-earth kind of person, who thinks the exaggerated episodes of South Park are stupid or sh*tty or convoluted and overly complex. On the other hand, Randy is an outgoing person, who does whatever he wants, he can sometimes snobbish and can be uppity. The only thing that can save their marriage this time isn't an good 'o' fashioned, it would have to be a new spark/change in personality for one of them. Either Randy has to realize being childish as an adult is stupid or Sharron has to find the reasons she fell in love for him.
As a writer, I like to change a story every now and then, I mean M&T do it to, they make the people of South Park older for starters. It seems as if both of them staying together would be a middle finger to me, then again, maybe that's just me.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Jul 24, 2011 7:48 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
Stanluv25 wrote:
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
I don't think they'll get rid of Randy, or keep them divorced. If the past has anything to teach us, it's that M&T like to keep the status quo. When they aired the episode "Kenny Dies", they had every intention of keeping him dead permanently. But they eventually brought him back because it was too big of a change. And in "Raisins", they tried to break Stan and Wendy up forever, but they brought them back together in "The List". So I feel like they might be trying another change, but eventually, things will get back to normal.

True but that's the thing, after Sharon and Randy's argument at the end of the eppy, it really seems pointless and almost silly to put them together again. From what we see Randy moved who-knows-where and Sharon took the kids and lives in a new house. These are huge changes and to just say 'feck it' and put things back the way they were wouldn't be the best idea.

And it wasn't silly when Kenny just randomly walked in at the end of "Red Sleigh Down"?
Can't we all just get along?
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Jul 26, 2011 12:38 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
Only way Randy and Sharon get back together is if they do so for their children's sake. Sharon said she's been faking liking him for awhile, so somewhere between Season 2 when they last split up to here.

Can't see them finding love in eachother when their marriage has been failing for so long.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jul 27, 2011 1:23 am Offline
HAcoreRD wrote:
Only way Randy and Sharon get back together is if they do so for their children's sake. Sharon said she's been faking liking him for awhile, so somewhere between Season 2 when they last split up to here.

Can't see them finding love in eachother when their marriage has been failing for so long.

That was the only reason my parents stayed together, it was because of me, I was only 8 then, but they did it for me, lived pretty miserable lives though.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jul 27, 2011 5:24 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
You are so right Richard. Sharon and Randy have been opposites, and for the wrong reasons, since the beginning. And like you said, either or will have to give up how they live if they want to try and work it out again. But why would Sharon want to live with a man-child again? Randy can't seem to stop acting the way he does. They simply don't work.

We're talking about the dynamics of characters here. Kenny popping up mysteriously doesn't count. We all know he can't die now and the kids don't seem to recall his deaths.

And I am very against parents staying together for their kids. If you don't work, then don't fake it. Splitting up will be the best thing for everyone. Do you want your kids to see you suffer through a loveless marriage? Arguing? Fighting? It's not healthy. Sharon and Randy are better off divorced.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
PostWed Jul 27, 2011 9:36 pm Offline
Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:46 pm2All Over The Place
This episode was DEEP.
I caught myself analyzing..... myself.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Jul 27, 2011 10:32 pm Offline
Yesssssssssssss!, Finally the good news is here! 2 more glorifying seasons. I hope they keep these kinds of episodes going in the next two seasons and don't start to fall off again. But let's break out the wine glasses and PARTAY!!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Jul 31, 2011 5:11 am Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:07 am16
I posted a topic in the forum regarding Sean Penn's "In The Wild" .

I really think a multi-episode exploration of this film would be the perfect way to follow up this, one of my favorite South Park episodes.

It would of course feature Stan.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Jul 31, 2011 5:20 pm Offline
RichardV1150 wrote:
Yesssssssssssss!, Finally the good news is here! 2 more glorifying seasons. I hope they keep these kinds of episodes going in the next two seasons and don't start to fall off again. But let's break out the wine glasses and PARTAY!!

I agree.:D :D :D PARTY!!! With the promise of two more seasons to come, and the rest of 15, Stan's life must be put in order by then! XD

Do you know what I just thought of, after watching this eppy a 4th time last week-

is the woman, Steamy Nicks anything to Randy? Or just his 'singing' partner? Will she be seen again come Oct 5th? I think it would be interesting if she is seen again. :)

Haa, I love that line.
PostSun Jul 31, 2011 6:09 pm Offline
Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:35 am11California
wow
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Aug 01, 2011 12:37 am Offline
Stanluv25 wrote:
Do you know what I just thought of, after watching this eppy a 4th time last week-

is the woman, Steamy Nicks anything to Randy? Or just his 'singing' partner? Will she be seen again come Oct 5th? I think it would be interesting if she is seen again. :)

When you go back to "Clubhouses" Randy is "hooking up" with younger girls, the ones in the car. So I seriously doubt he'd take Steamy Nicks over Sharron even if she was into Tween Wave. Divorced [or separated, for all you ppl who think they aren't] people still like to think they can go for out with younger people, this especially qualifies with Randy! So to answer your question, I don't believe she will be in future episodes, she's like a Captain Hindsight.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm Offline
RichardV1150 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

When you go back to "Clubhouses" Randy is "hooking up" with younger girls, the ones in the car. So I seriously doubt he'd take Steamy Nicks over Sharron even if she was into Tween Wave. Divorced [or separated, for all you ppl who think they aren't] people still like to think they can go for out with younger people, this especially qualifies with Randy! So to answer your question, I don't believe she will be in future episodes, she's like a Captain Hindsight.

True,but really, I doubt he'd want to take Sharon over another girl at this point as they really do appear divorced. But I think the idea of Randy with a new girlfriend would be interesting. :)

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Aug 01, 2011 8:08 pm Offline
  • YIM
Stanluv25 wrote:
You are so right Richard. Sharon and Randy have been opposites, and for the wrong reasons, since the beginning. And like you said, either or will have to give up how they live if they want to try and work it out again. But why would Sharon want to live with a man-child again? Randy can't seem to stop acting the way he does. They simply don't work.

We're talking about the dynamics of characters here. Kenny popping up mysteriously doesn't count. We all know he can't die now and the kids don't seem to recall his deaths.

And I am very against parents staying together for their kids. If you don't work, then don't fake it. Splitting up will be the best thing for everyone. Do you want your kids to see you suffer through a loveless marriage? Arguing? Fighting? It's not healthy. Sharon and Randy are better off divorced.

I don't know if you've been through divorce, but I can tell from experience that it's not a good thing to grow up with. And the point I was trying to make was not that them getting back together would be no stranger than Kenny mysteriously reappearing, but that this is a f*cked up show, and f*cked up sh*t happens. This is a show, it gets to be ridiculous, unlike reality. I'm not trying to foster conflict, I just want to let my opinion out. I felt divided over this episode, same as everyone, and opinions are to be found all over.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Aug 02, 2011 5:11 pm Offline
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:

I don't know if you've been through divorce, but I can tell from experience that it's not a good thing to grow up with. And the point I was trying to make was not that them getting back together would be no stranger than Kenny mysteriously reappearing, but that this is a f*cked up show, and f*cked up sh*t happens. This is a show, it gets to be ridiculous, unlike reality. I'm not trying to foster conflict, I just want to let my opinion out. I felt divided over this episode, same as everyone, and opinions are to be found all over.

Actually I'm going through it now. My parents separated, and were fighting last year. And just this April I moved into a new apartment with my dad and his new girlfriend. And I know it would be better for this to happen, that way their is less fighting and my parents can get on with their lives. The tension was high when they were together. They finally can go their separate ways.

That's why I hope this is what happens in the Marshes' case. Sharon and Randy will be happier without each other. Staying together for the kids will do nothing but create that tension again.

Course, this is a cartoon and I tend to look at things in a realistic POV. So it's hard for me to say this shouldn't be this way. Realistically, divorced would be a better thing for everyone.

Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Aug 02, 2011 5:23 pm Offline
  • YIM
Ugh, let's not turn this into a debate over divorce...I don't want to relive memories.

Sort by  
Page 59 of 63 933 posts Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next