Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 61 of 63 933 posts Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
This was the most depressing episode I've ever seen. PostFri Aug 26, 2011 8:31 am Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:26 am0
What's up with Stan's parents getting divorced? Their conversation at the end sounded like they were getting cynical at their own episodes and want to end the show. This had the most bizarre ending I've ever seen for South Park.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Aug 26, 2011 6:41 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ It's how Matt and Trey felt I'm sure when the episode was being made but not now. They have rested on at least two more seasons so it's good to know they are not yet done with the series and they still want to do more! :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
PostMon Aug 29, 2011 2:32 am Offline
Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 pm0
HOLY sh*t hilarious episode but i gotta say i really would not like to have stans condition in this episode. that would suck balls. XD
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 02, 2011 12:04 pm Offline
Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:00 pm1
DUDES... it's just one big joke... everything's seems sh*t to Stan etc., SO DOES THE EPISODE TO US. They did it on purpose, hoping people would say "damn, that episode was sh*t." > the whole joke, ta-dah!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Sep 02, 2011 1:53 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
We only have one month to go for the conclusion of Stan's cynical and his parents' divorce and I am so happy that Comedy Central renew the show for another two season! After hearing that, I was squealing of joy :mrgreen:
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Sep 04, 2011 2:03 pm Offline
Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:48 pm5
I presume the next episode will have another character developing cynicism and them convincing Stan to help them find a cure. It will probably be Cartman if this happens. :D
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Sep 04, 2011 2:11 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
I've chewed on this for a little while now and I think I have a solution...

Everything Stan thinks is sh*t is essentially pop culture. He listens to today's music and it sounds like sh*t, then he listens to Bob Dylan and it sounds like sh*t.

How about if Stan gets a little culture? You know, listen to jazz or classical music, or read Shakespeare instead of watching a theatrical release? Instead of ice cream sundaes, he could sample some exotic foods. Et cetera.

Who says the life of a normal 10-year-old is what's best for Stan?
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Sep 04, 2011 2:31 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Pip Tweek wrote:
I've chewed on this for a little while now and I think I have a solution...

Everything Stan thinks is sh*t is essentially pop culture. He listens to today's music and it sounds like sh*t, then he listens to Bob Dylan and it sounds like sh*t.

How about if Stan gets a little culture? You know, listen to jazz or classical music, or read Shakespeare instead of watching a theatrical release? Instead of ice cream sundaes, he could sample some exotic foods. Et cetera.

Who says the life of a normal 10-year-old is what's best for Stan?

If classic rock sounds as sh*t to him as today's music does, I can't imagine classical music sounding any better to him. Shakespeare? Maybe. A play? Only if he's with Token, who'd probably pay for his ticket.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Sep 05, 2011 10:03 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:

If classic rock sounds as sh*t to him as today's music does, I can't imagine classical music sounding any better to him. Shakespeare? Maybe. A play? Only if he's with Token, who'd probably pay for his ticket.

I guess you're right. It can't really be new experiences that will un-jade him, he's been in outer space and talked to God, etc.

Here's another possibility: they say we see the world not as it is, but as a reflection of ourselves. It just might be that Stanny is constipated, and his lower intestine is backed up. He's so "full of it" that's all he can see.

So the solution is to have Stan take a laxative and sit on the john until he clears out. I could totally see this happening. Stan takes the biggest dump of his life after being backlogged for days, and the relief it brings him makes him so happy, he begins to see the value in the simple things in life, like, for instance, taking a killer dump.

Stan: You guys! You guys! The greatest thing just happened to me!

Cartman, Kyle, Kenny: What?

Stan: I just took a sh*t! It was incredible!

(the other boys exchange glances in silence)

Cartman: C...congratulations, Stan.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Sep 05, 2011 10:59 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Big-Will wrote:
A play? Only if he's with Token, who'd probably pay for his ticket.

Interesting. Why Token?
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Sep 05, 2011 12:49 pm Offline
BRMBug wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
A play? Only if he's with Token, who'd probably pay for his ticket.

Interesting. Why Token?

Because Token is well off, and his family is all classy and probably does stuff like that.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Sep 05, 2011 4:43 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Pip Tweek wrote:
Big-Will wrote:

I guess you're right. It can't really be new experiences that will un-jade him, he's been in outer space and talked to God, etc.

Here's another possibility: they say we see the world not as it is, but as a reflection of ourselves. It just might be that Stanny is constipated, and his lower intestine is backed up. He's so "full of it" that's all he can see.

So the solution is to have Stan take a laxative and sit on the john until he clears out. I could totally see this happening. Stan takes the biggest dump of his life after being backlogged for days, and the relief it brings him makes him so happy, he begins to see the value in the simple things in life, like, for instance, taking a killer dump.

Stan: You guys! You guys! The greatest thing just happened to me!

Cartman, Kyle, Kenny: What?

Stan: I just took a sh*t! It was incredible!

(the other boys exchange glances in silence)

Cartman: C...congratulations, Stan.

LMAO!!! This could totally happen. And it would be grand. I know what it feels like to be backed up... all day. Then finally- AAAAHHHH really, it is such a celebratory moment. Maybe that's what Stan really has, constipation. Not cynicism or depression.

LOL

one more month now!!! *heads bursts a la Cartman in Medicinal Fried Chicken*
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Sep 05, 2011 5:26 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
I find ironic that Stan had a birthday back in S13 where his family visits the Denver aquarium and he has another in the mid-season. :lol:
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Sep 06, 2011 12:11 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:05 pm263
starlitlight wrote:
I find ironic that Stan had a birthday back in S13 where his family visits the Denver aquarium and he has another in the mid-season. :lol:

That's when he turned 9, time lines and names kind of get mixed up from time to time. This happened very much in the first few seasons.
In the end it doesn't really matter too much, just that the story is interesting enough so that people will watch.
South Park is amazing and anyone who doesn't think so should learn how to Respect My Authoritah! LOL South Park Rulez!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Sep 06, 2011 2:42 pm Offline
Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:44 pm3Jasper, AL
I never would have thought in a million years that the episode would end this way.. October couldn't come any slower

Sort by  
Page 61 of 63 933 posts Previous  1 ... 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next