Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 62 of 63 933 posts Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Sep 06, 2011 7:10 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
Knuckles owns GC wrote:
I never would have thought in a million years that the episode would end this way.. October couldn't come any slower

Don't pout now. One more month to go until season 15 continues!
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
phuqin kool PostWed Sep 07, 2011 6:55 pm Offline
Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:15 pm0
Wow the end of the episode was pretty heavy. Landslide always gets me. For all the fun theyve poked at Stevie Nicks over the years, it seemed a bit of homage for them to play Landslide. Loved it. Cant wait for rest of season. BUT BEFORE THAT, SEASON PREMIERE OF DEXTER YAY
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:37 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
This episode was like Matt/Trey's mid-life crisis in animated form.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Mar 06, 2012 8:19 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:39 pm9
This episode was so good. I felt so bad for Stan. He was going through such a rough time at home and everything, with his parents arguing, and none of his friends stuck by him.

The ending scene where the landslide song played made me cry. For the first week after this episode aired I kept watching that scene and crying each time. Wow, I never knew i could get so emotional over a cartoon.
Cartman, Kenny, Stan, and Kyle are my heroes!!
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Mar 10, 2012 2:21 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Oh dear goodness, once again I watch this episode and once again I tear up. I cannot help but feel so sad seeing Sharon and Randy fight the entire episode before Sharon sees him with that other woman and they have the huge one, finally revealing they want to split...

And how hard it must be for Stan to go through all these changes and doesn't have the support of his friends. And the 'Landslide' montage... so heartbreaking. I still remember feeling confused and in such a state of shock and disbelief. I would always say Sharon and Randy should split and things would be better and happier with them that way. That it would be kinda cool if Sharon took the kids and they lived their own lives. But actually seeing it happen.... depressing.

So ya, even though we know for some reason Sharon and Randy love each other again and Stan seems happy again, it's hard to watch this and not feel upset. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 11, 2012 5:37 pm Offline
Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 am26
Epic episode. It made me really sad the first time I watched it, and I totally wanted to punch Cartman in the face.

How many times have Randy and Sharon been divorced? I've only counted two, but, who knows. I haven't seen a lot of the earlier episodes....

It kinda made me cry a little....at the end.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Mar 11, 2012 11:01 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ It's only been two but I have a feeling the two will split a third time before the series ends. I expect fights between Sharon and Randy now. I just hope they don't do it in front of the kids. :(
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Crazy PostMon Apr 09, 2012 2:27 pm Offline
Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:24 am1
Everything was crazy at first at the end i was like what happend?then the 2nd party came like a puzzle
PostThu Apr 12, 2012 4:05 pm Offline
Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:36 pm0
Stupid f*ckin ads, I know you gotta make money some how but do I really gotta sit through 7 of them to skip to the third act??
PostWed Apr 25, 2012 5:51 pm Offline
Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 am0
good thing someone saw that
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostWed May 02, 2012 8:03 pm Offline
Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:38 pm79Wisconsin
Guh, this one was such a downer to end that run with. I was so angry that I didnt get a new episode right away that I kept on getting sad at it, and knowing what's happened in season 16....the reset button wasnt fully pushed. Things just arent the same. Again adding to the sadness In fact, just recently I have bawled to this episode (though it's not as sad as 513) , and since felt sad upon hearing landslide from then on. I'm graduating soon...and I feel like I really shouldnt be watching this episode. Even though I'm not terribly cynical (i mean, i do see myself saying some of the things stan says..and admitting that is big because i am not a huge fan of the marsh family..DX and i do see a bit of myself in stan, but that doesnt mean i like him blahblah) I still...ugh, it feels so relevant. Damn south park for making me cry.

Anyway. Even though the events of this ep isnt exactly what's going on in my life, it is a getting older episode...and moving on episode. I built my life around my college/university and now i'm graduating, and damn....just dont play that song. I love 'landslide', just oh god, i'm gonna go cry in a corner now. Brb,

*sobbing* I know i have to take the left turn but i dont want tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *sobbing*
"Sometimes, love is hard. But you cant just run away from it. When you start to have somethin special you have to work at it.Even though it might seem that the world is against you,u still have to hold on with both hands! "-Eric Cartman
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 03, 2012 8:30 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
addictedtoblur314 wrote:
Guh, this one was such a downer to end that run with. I was so angry that I didnt get a new episode right away that I kept on getting sad at it, and knowing what's happened in season 16....the reset button wasnt fully pushed. Things just arent the same. Again adding to the sadness In fact, just recently I have bawled to this episode (though it's not as sad as 513) , and since felt sad upon hearing landslide from then on. I'm graduating soon...and I feel like I really shouldnt be watching this episode. Even though I'm not terribly cynical (i mean, i do see myself saying some of the things stan says..and admitting that is big because i am not a huge fan of the marsh family..DX and i do see a bit of myself in stan, but that doesnt mean i like him blahblah) I still...ugh, it feels so relevant. Damn south park for making me cry.

Anyway. Even though the events of this ep isnt exactly what's going on in my life, it is a getting older episode...and moving on episode. I built my life around my college/university and now i'm graduating, and damn....just dont play that song. I love 'landslide', just oh god, i'm gonna go cry in a corner now. Brb,

*sobbing* I know i have to take the left turn but i dont want tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! *sobbing*

Don't cry.

There's no point dwelling on memories. Create some new memories. Life doesn't end at college.

By the way, I was dead-on when I said earlier on this page (scroll up) that this episode was Matt/Trey's mid-life crisis in animated form. f*ck, I'm awesome.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostThu May 03, 2012 5:39 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Just saw it again. Hard to watch without tearing up-it was beautiful.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: *1507: You're Getting Old* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Aug 03, 2012 4:40 am Offline
Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm148
I don't know why. But for some reason, this episode reminds me of Dr. Sleep.
PostTue Oct 02, 2012 6:03 pm Offline
Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:52 pm0
Hooray, Kenny was unhooded! Even if it was for a few seconds, it was good to see it happen!

Sort by  
Page 62 of 63 933 posts Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next