Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 3 39 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 12:08 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 12:28 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Quote:
First to mention they said it's "coming back".... this season. "We don't know what's going to happen, wait until August."

No one who knows anything about contracts thought they only had 7 episodes left so unless they think we're retarded they meant it would be back for more seasons, and when they say they don't know what they'll do in August they mean with Stan. It's not that unambiguous unless you want to make it that way.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 am Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
Well there are times during the past 15 years when you could tell they did not really like doing south park and this does not seem to be one of those times. Trey looks like he really liked the direction the show went with the mid-season finale. "..we don't know what is going to happen, but will figure it out in August.." That sounds like their normal MO to me. Even tho they have long running threads in the story, very few of them every really seemed planned. Did they even know Kenny was Mysterion originally? If I remember correct, no. South Park, like many other stories, seems rather organic and it just happens. Maybe some planning, but eh. Trey seems almost giddy, so you never know, SP may continue.

it is funny how South Park and The Daily Show are the two longest running shows on Comedy Central, yet this is only the 2nd time Matt and Trey have been on, the first being in march of this year.. Just kind of surprised the shows haven't met before... unless were they on before Jon took over TDS in 1999. 1996-1998 episodes are not around to be viewed I think. Insane that TDS is only one year older than SP.. before that it was all stand-up i remember watching.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 4:05 am Offline
Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:11 am29
There will be more South Park, it isn't ending after season 15. All the stuff with Stan seeing everything as being sh*t could lead into a part 2 where everything is resolved. It's just another plot.

So everybody calm down about South Park ending.
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 4:37 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Apparently, they still want to keep making the show. Nice.
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:05 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
NeuroHeart wrote:
Oh man, I kept myself awake just for this. Really nice to see them, though, they look happy.
LOL at Trey talking about people asking if they were okay after ''You're Getting Old,'' looking all shocked that they would even ask. Like, "Pfft, yeah, there was a lot in there about how we were feeling at the time and stuff, but why would anyone think that meant anything? We're fine, we loved making the season. Yeah, everything's sweet and rosy."
I do have to point out, though, they didn't actually say, "We're signed for another two years." Perhaps they are, and this seems like a fine step in the right direction, but just like the freaking out over the episode was overblown, I can see reactions to this already being a little overblown. It doesn't mean anything except that they said they still love South Park, which is surely good to hear, but that's all they said.
...I have to wonder if they were that relaxed and happy before winning nine Tony awards. Perhaps they were not. But now they are! And they're on vacation! Yay for them!

I agree. Hopefully nobody starts disecting what they said last night as many seem to do with the last episode. They said they love making South Park and they are obvioiusly happy. Yay for vacation time!
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 6:06 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
whatwouldwedo W/o SP wrote:
god they look so old.

Hey now! Be nice! They're still very sexy!!!
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 10:28 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Thank god South Park isn't over! Can't wait for October 5th!
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 12:11 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
:D You don't know how happy I was when M&T said that they still loved doing South Park!
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 12:51 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
Maybe my fantail letter helped them stay on the air. Thats a good sign. I'm happy for them!
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 1:01 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
SajiNoKami wrote:
Just kind of surprised the shows haven't met before...

Well, while this might mark the first year M&T have been guests, Jon Stewart has mentioned South Park on the show before this year. Specifically, he did an awesome tirade about the threats over ''200.'' Mr. Hankey has also been featured in a 'Moment of Zen.'
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 1:19 pm Offline
Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm40
OMG LOVE TO SEE THEM LOOKING HAPPY !!!

And love to see them loving south park ! And "dont knowing what will happen".

Maybe Stan will become more "evil" or "annoying" then Cartman ( if his parents still in south park )

Randy will go out and crusing some chix !

Cartman could be more the "central guy" and do more impossible weird plan !

AND THE BOOK OF MORMON IS GOOOOOLD
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostThu Jun 16, 2011 10:02 pm Offline
Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:06 pm84
NeuroHeart wrote:
SajiNoKami wrote:
Just kind of surprised the shows haven't met before...

Well, while this might mark the first year M&T have been guests, Jon Stewart has mentioned South Park on the show before this year. Specifically, he did an awesome tirade about the threats over ''200.'' Mr. Hankey has also been featured in a 'Moment of Zen.'

yeah, SP has been mentioned a few times, even in 1999 with BLU and possible 2004 with TA:WP.. just surprised Matt and Trey were never guests, seems like an obvious stop on a media tour.

FreeQuebec86 wrote:

Maybe Stan will become more "evil" or "annoying" then Cartman ( if his parents still in south park )
Cartman could be more the "central guy" and do more impossible weird plan !

This is what I am hoping for or Kyle to be central, even Butters, Kenny.. that could be a challenge.
In the end, I am hoping they do not do a reset.. if stan needs to come back to the norm of the past, make the boy earn it, make it a journey, as they did with Kenny's 'permeant' Death or Mr. Garrison.

Cartman is a really strong character, so he could easily take over, but really any of the main main boys could be interesting.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostSat Jun 18, 2011 1:50 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
:o Just saw this thread now, so sorry for making another thread >.<
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: Matt and Trey on The Daily Show tonight (6/15/2011) PostSat Jun 18, 2011 3:10 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Your thread was here first, so I let it stay open. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 2 of 3 39 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next