Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 9 129 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
*1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 10:53 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
SOUTH PARK
TITLE: Ass Burgers
Episode #1508 Air date: October 5, 2011

Cartman finds a unique way to cope with Asperger’s Syndrome.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:12 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Asperger's, Autism, oh boy! :cartmanko'd:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:13 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
why are they making fun of aspergers? i fall into that category of high functioning autism. that's not funny i'm offended right now. :evil:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 pm Offline
Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:09 pm3
so
five f*cking months of waiting and crying and agony
and then cartman episode
uhm
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:16 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
203177 wrote:
why are they making fun of aspergers? i fall into that category of high functioning autism. that's not funny i'm offended right now. :evil:

I thought the same thing BUT judging from the preview clip it looks like it's akin to "Le Petit Tourette" - they are making fun of people who pretend to have autism/aspeger's for their own benefit. I've met plenty of these kind of people and it's why I generally keep the fact to myself. Clearly Cartman knows nothing about Asperger's and is trying to pretend to have it.

Also, looks like Nurse Gollum's officially fired :(
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:21 pm OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
For those of you so inclined, press images are up, too.

Neckbrace wrote:
so
and then cartman episode
uhm

You might want to read the full press release in the news section. :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:26 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Neckbrace wrote:
so
and then cartman episode
uhm

We've known it's a Cartman episode for at least a week now... although I don't see how the whole Clyde Frog thing can fit into here.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:27 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am562
I wonder if the guy from the General Discussion forum who wanted an "assburgers" episode so hard is still around to tell us how happy he's now. :?
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:33 pm Offline
Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:58 pm2
nall wrote:

Neckbrace wrote:
so
and then cartman episode
uhm

but knowing stan is still alone and unhappy, totally unable to get his life back together, doesn't exactly help anything at all
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 02, 2011 11:35 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
203177 wrote:

I was diagnosed with it as a kid. I'm not the least bit offended. I'm going to quote myself here from another episode discussion on Facebook:

Niels wrote:
Either the diagnosis was incorrect or my case was one of the 25% or so that 'disappear' over time. It's not an [intellectual] deficiency disorder like people think it is, just because it's placed on the "autism spectrum". It's strictly a social disorder. People with Asperger's are generally very intelligent - moreso than your average joe. They're just not very talkative or outgoing. I only had a few 'symptoms' of it, like being extremely organized at a young age, having a fascination with some kinds of vehicles (cars, specifically), laughing at things most people wouldn't consider funny, and paying attention to little or arcane things nobody else would notice. My social life right now is very 'normal', I guess you could say. I have lots of friends I spend much time with.

I know lots of people who have it, whose cases are a lot more prevalent and evident.

This dumb clip can explain Asperger's better than I could (it's a two-parter):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1qHRisR ... re=related

Granted, I've never, ever reacted the way "Carl" did to that mannequin to anything, and I never said something like "I hate that" when somebody else asked me for their opinion on something they made. I knew the differences between what was rude and what was polite. That's one of the many "symptoms" I never had, and made me question whether or not the doctors were just throwing the Asperger's label on me just because I had a few of the symptoms. I didn't do more than half the things the character in that clip did.

I look forward to seeing this episode. It has the potential to teach some viewers, or at least evoke curiosity, about what Asperger's actually is. But I also think there's lots of good opportunities to make fun of 'Aspies'. That hasn't been done much before.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 03, 2011 12:06 am Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Maybe one of the burgers will say howdy ho.
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 03, 2011 12:30 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am562
prancingintheocean wrote:
nall wrote:

Neckbrace wrote:
so
and then cartman episode
uhm

but knowing stan is still alone and unhappy, totally unable to get his life back together, doesn't exactly help anything at all

Well, Stan is not alone. At least, not quite. On the second picture he's sitting in Mackey's office, which means... The two hoarders are back together. Once again.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 03, 2011 12:39 am Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
Sounds good. Cartman once again pretending to have another mentel disorder and this time he might accomlish this one.
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 03, 2011 12:54 am Offline
Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:32 pm49
will the hoarding be re-hashed?
Also, Nall, can we maybe have another preview picture?
It IS Year of the Fan! Lol.

This one looks like it could be a good one. Was that Scott Malkinson walking out of the nurse's office when Cartman walked in?
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 03, 2011 1:37 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
It was only a matter of time....
Stan and Kyle :)

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 9 129 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next