Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 16 of 22 320 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 07, 2011 3:21 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Stanluv25 wrote:
The fact of the manor is Kyle didn't seem to care what Stan was going through or how he was being affected. Sure Stan's behavior was unacceptable but you gotta admit part of why Stan was so down was Kyle walked out on him/turned to sh*t. So Kyle's still part responsible for what happened and Stan's actions. It was the booze talking, not Stan. And Kyle knew he was drinking. So... ;)

No, what Kyle couldn't do was talk to Stan. He didn't care for him any less than before, and he and Wendy were in the same boat, so if he didn't seem to care, then Wendy didn't either. In "You're Getting Old" Kyle tried several times to approach Stan (see the Stark's Pond scene at the end), but Stan didn't respond. All Kyle could do then was sigh and walk away.

Stan was down entirely because he's getting older and the things he used to enjoy seemed like sh*t. When Kyle told him maybe they should forget what went on and start over ("Look Stan, maybe we should fo-"), he turned to sh*t in Stan's eyes and Stan walked away first. Kyle knew then that he couldn't get through to Stan, so he walked away too.

Now, in the boardroom, this happens:

The Taco Bell executive pulls out a picture of Kyle and says Stan is his best friend

Stan: I'm not friends with him.

Taco Bell Exec: They've been through everything together. Inseparable.

Stan: No, no, we don't hang out anymore.

McDonald's Exec: Oho right, like someone would just walk away from a friendship like that?!

Stan: Dude, I didn't walk away! I turned 10 and everything he wanted to do seemed sh*tty to me, so I-!

McDonald's Exec: Oh sure! Anyone would ditch out on their best friend 'cause they weren't feeling good!

That McDonald's executive turned out to be a big help in getting Stan back to normal, mostly. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 07, 2011 3:24 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
It was an average, not too good or bad episode. The whole Stan getting drunk scene was really funny and totally wrong. It was so adorable when he showers with his hat on and when he snapped at his classmates :lol:.

I'll write my whole extended review on Monday of Ass Burgers
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 07, 2011 3:42 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Big-Will wrote:
Okay, so other than Morpheus, who are the other Matrix characters in the research center?

Pretty sure one of them is captain Niobe, based on her hair (the one who guards the door) one is clearly Trinity (camera left of Morpheus when he talks about people deserving to know the truth) one of them looks much like Neo (the one who says "So do we" when Stan affirms that he sees everything as sh*t) I can't place the woman with white hair (who almost looks like one of the Twins, but they weren't part of the resistance) or the bald guy with a ponytail, or the other generic-ish guy who looks less like Neo.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 07, 2011 4:53 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Big-Will wrote:
Stanluv25 wrote:
The fact of the manor is Kyle didn't seem to care what Stan was going through or how he was being affected. Sure Stan's behavior was unacceptable but you gotta admit part of why Stan was so down was Kyle walked out on him/turned to sh*t. So Kyle's still part responsible for what happened and Stan's actions. It was the booze talking, not Stan. And Kyle knew he was drinking. So... ;)

No, what Kyle couldn't do was talk to Stan. He didn't care for him any less than before, and he and Wendy were in the same boat, so if he didn't seem to care, then Wendy didn't either. In "You're Getting Old" Kyle tried several times to approach Stan (see the Stark's Pond scene at the end), but Stan didn't respond. All Kyle could do then was sigh and walk away.

Stan was down entirely because he's getting older and the things he used to enjoy seemed like sh*t. When Kyle told him maybe they should forget what went on and start over ("Look Stan, maybe we should fo-"), he turned to sh*t in Stan's eyes and Stan walked away first. Kyle knew then that he couldn't get through to Stan, so he walked away too.

Now, in the boardroom, this happens:

The Taco Bell executive pulls out a picture of Kyle and says Stan is his best friend

Stan: I'm not friends with him.

Taco Bell Exec: They've been through everything together. Inseparable.

Stan: No, no, we don't hang out anymore.

McDonald's Exec: Oho right, like someone would just walk away from a friendship like that?!

Stan: Dude, I didn't walk away! I turned 10 and everything he wanted to do seemed sh*tty to me, so I-!

McDonald's Exec: Oh sure! Anyone would ditch out on their best friend 'cause they weren't feeling good!

That McDonald's executive turned out to be a big help in getting Stan back to normal, mostly. :)

Well Wendy wanted to see Stan but Kyle didn't. So I don't know if they were in the same boat. No one can say what Kyle told Stan outside the movie theater in YGO. "Maybe we should"- should what? Call off the friendship? Not hang around for a lil' while? I guess that whatever Kyle did say was something Stan did not want to hear, thus, he turned to sh*t and Stan had to walk away because he couldn't believe his best friend had become sh*tty.

And sure Kyle did approach Stan by Stark's Pond but he didn't actually face him. No one knows if Stan knew Kyle was there. It was as if Kyle wanted to tell Stan something but decided not to and left.

All in all I don't think this is entirely Stan's fault. With everything that was happening in his life he needed his best friend and he wasn't there. Whatever the reasons were. Everything Stan loved turned to sh*t and he couldn't believe it and thus became depressed. He wanted Kyle back but seemed angry he was with 'Cartman Burger' now. Stan was just going through a real rough spot and didn't deal with it in the best way. :/

In short they're both a lil' at fault. :)
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 07, 2011 9:15 pm Offline
Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:19 pm3
I love character development (which is probably why Futurama is my other favorite show, but that's another story) and I'm not sure how I feel about this episode. The first five minutes or so was heartbreaking, especially with Stan crying. :'-( The ending... I know Randy and Sharon are back together, but they don't seem happy, so I wonder if more will come out of that. As for that final drink... I hope they stick with it. Yes, it's sad and dark, but that makes it great. I'm excited to see what happens through out the rest of the season. I hope that everything doesn't totally go back to normal. The truth is, there was a big event in the show's development, and it can't just be pushed under the rug. Go Stan!

BTW, as inappropriate as it is, drunk Stan is hilarious. Nothing like a drunk 10 year old with a machine gun!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 5:43 am Offline
Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:16 pm24Somewhere in Europe
A funny episode, drunk Stan is awesome ! Yes it's maybe a serious problem for him now... but, guys, did anybody cared about Kenny's health when he was always dying ? :zombiekenny: ...And think about Towelie or whatever f*** you ! Keep it drunk !... I love you...
I'm trying to make the best out of a bad situation.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 7:04 am Offline
Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:20 pm1
wow !! such a great episode.
i watched it once, but, to be honest, i didn't know what aspergers was... so i went online and did a little research about it, then i watched it again... dude, a completely different perspective, i couldn't stop laughing !! but then, it made me think... what is this episode focusing on? divorce, as a motive for boys young age feel really bad and out of place?? when you drink, things always seem to get better ?? something aganist big companies ?? i don't know !! that's why i love south park, i really enjoy each episode and it makes me laugh a lot, but, on the other hand, i know there's always a background... just genious !!!!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 9:26 am Offline
Sat May 14, 2011 11:08 am3
I loved this episode!! I couldn't ask for anything else. Favorite Part:

Stan: You're a piece of sh*t Kyle, F*ck you!
Kyle: *walks away*
Stan: ... Kyle, I love you..
Kyle: *comes back*
Stan: You're a piece of sh*t, though. F*ck you!
Kyle: *walks away*
Stan: ... I love you.

LOL made my day, matter of fact, made my WEEK. xD I literally LAUGHED out loud so freakin hard!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 10:59 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Stanluv25 wrote:
Well Wendy wanted to see Stan but Kyle didn't.

That's because Kyle had already gone to see Stan and called him, and Stan turned him away each time. It's a wonder Kyle didn't tell Wendy "If you want to see him, why don't YOU call him and go to his house?"

Stanluv25 wrote:
In short they're both a lil' at fault. :)

Nope, it's all Stan. He said it himself The only thing he pinned on Kyle was the sh*tty things Kyle wanted to do, things Stan would have done too if he were still 9.

In short, Stan wanted things to go back to how they were, wanted to be what HE was, but eventually coming to accept that things can't, and that he can't. Still, he's afraid of what's coming, 'cause he doesn't know what that is.

...well, his family is back to what it was, but even that will change.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 11:32 am Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
I kinda hope they make Stan go back to being 9 again just to mess with the continuity. Kind of like in Imaginationland when Kyle's mom says "Kyle, you're almost 9," when he already had his ninth birthday in Casa Bonita. I just thought that was funny in some strange way.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 11:47 am Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^Me too, they always flip-flopped the boys' ages around from 8 and 9. I never thought they'd turn ten. I'm still not used to it, i like saying they're 8 or 9. :/ Why do children have to grow?! :(

I still don't think Stan did anything too wrong in YGO and here but drink. XD So I still say he is not all at fault.

Oh, and thank goodness there wasn't too much friendliness going on between Cartman and Kyle. I did not like the whole 'what' s wrong dude?' and Kyle liking Cartman's burgers but ugh, what can ya do? At least it seems they will be back to enemies again.

They better!!
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 5:24 pm Offline
Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:31 pm8
WOW... I didn't know what to expect from this episode, or how the show could go on without just resetting like they usually do.

But it was HILARIOUS. It was unlike any episode of south park made yet. Funny in a completely different way than usual. To me it just shows what geniuses M+T are.

When stan finally comes to accept his situations and embrace the future and having new experiences, It was like Matt and Trey saying "we have to change this show up and go in a new direction or we just cant do it anymore." Then Randy driving up and telling stan they were moving back in together was the funniest thing i have seen in a very LONG time. The irony of it had me rolling on the floor for at least a couple minutes.

I thought it was a great way of showing the fans the show is going to change, but their still going to be sticking to their roots. The last two episodes have been a trip for me but in the end i thought they were genius.

Right on Matt and Trey. That they can keep it fresh after 15 seasons is amazing.

I've been watching since day one and I wont stop til ... ever
I didn't think the "Ass Burgers" episode was funny. PostSat Oct 08, 2011 5:27 pm Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:06 pm1
I am a 26 year old woman with a high functioning form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome, and I must say that found the show to be insensitive, degorogatory, and demeaning to those of us with autism who struggle everyday to fit in with world, and being bullied and teased on national television does not help matters. I have been a huge fan of South Park since 1997, and after October 5th, I have decided that I will no longer watch South Park. Shame on you, Matt and Trey!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 8:26 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Kill me, but I really liked how Wendy still had hope for Stan and Kyle had already given up on him. Even if Stan doesn't seem to care much for Wendy anymore, I think it showed rather nicely that Wendy does care about him. Poor girl's going to get her heart broken some day.

Still wondering what the "They should just screw and get it over with" bit was about. Trey and Matt always stress how much their jokes are connected to the plot and stuff. I thought it was funny but it seems out-of-place.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 8:30 pm Offline
Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 pm51
Stanluv25 wrote:
^Me too, they always flip-flopped the boys' ages around from 8 and 9. I never thought they'd turn ten. I'm still not used to it, i like saying they're 8 or 9. :/ Why do children have to grow?! :(

I still don't think Stan did anything too wrong in YGO and here but drink. XD So I still say he is not all at fault.

Oh, and thank goodness there wasn't too much friendliness going on between Cartman and Kyle. I did not like the whole 'what' s wrong dude?' and Kyle liking Cartman's burgers but ugh, what can ya do? At least it seems they will be back to enemies again.

They better!!

lol, I'm right there with you. Its hard to picture a South Park in which Cartman and Kyle get along. Every once in a while is fine, but after a while it just gets wierd.

Sort by  
Page 16 of 22 320 posts Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 ... 22  Next