Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 17 of 22 320 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 9:07 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Trey and Matt don't care about Stan and Wendy. They stopped caring after season 3/the movie.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 08, 2011 9:13 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Brendle wrote:
Trey and Matt don't care about Stan and Wendy. They stopped caring after season 3/the movie.

Oh, I'm well aware. She may be one of my favorite characters but I'm also the top advocate of her being killed/written out.

I just like noting it because of the fact Stan and Kyle's friendship is so holy among South Park fans, yet Wendy is generally thrown aside like a ragdoll even though she's usually shown concerned for him the few times she is used. She's not half as bad a character as she's treated in these parts.

Hell, if you really look at it, for most of Season 1, Wendy WAS Kyle.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: I didn't think the "Ass Burgers" episode was funny. PostSun Oct 09, 2011 12:45 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Luna26 wrote:
I am a 26 year old woman with a high functioning form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome, and I must say that found the show to be insensitive, degorogatory, and demeaning to those of us with autism who struggle everyday to fit in with world, and being bullied and teased on national television does not help matters. I have been a huge fan of South Park since 1997, and after October 5th, I have decided that I will no longer watch South Park. Shame on you, Matt and Trey!

Other poeple here with Asperger's will disagree with you. And Stan went after the Society of Cynics who used Asperger's as a way to hide their true intentions.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 1:55 am Offline
Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 pm14
lol this is why I think Kyle is by far the worst character of all south park (not just the 5 boys, all of south park)

I hate how Stan was doing all he could when KYLE was sick for liek 3 times to get him back to normal and then save his like like 5 other times and then Kyle just f*cked him over just because he wasnt "feeling good", and if Kyle was really that much of a sensitive b**** that he got butthurt because of Stan saying f*ck you to him while he was DRUNK then why is he friends with Cartman who makes fun of him all the time.

I hope they find a way to get Stan back to normal and start making Kyle depressed or just write him off the show...
Re: I didn't think the "Ass Burgers" episode was funny. PostSun Oct 09, 2011 2:04 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Luna26 wrote:
I am a 26 year old woman with a high functioning form of autism called Asperger's Syndrome, and I must say that found the show to be insensitive, degorogatory, and demeaning to those of us with autism who struggle everyday to fit in with world, and being bullied and teased on national television does not help matters. I have been a huge fan of South Park since 1997, and after October 5th, I have decided that I will no longer watch South Park. Shame on you, Matt and Trey!

I'm a 24-year-old man who was diagnosed with Asperger's in 1992. I must say that I found the show to be funny, enjoyable, and no more demeaning to people with Asperger's than prior episodes have been to anyone else. If you ask me, people with Asperger's got off lightly. I'd hate to think what your reaction would be like if you were both this whiny AND Jewish.

1. Don't confuse autism with Asperger's. They are NOT the same thing.

2. Whether I actually "have" it and fit into the category or not is debatable. But if I do "have" it, let me tell you that I don't "struggle everyday to fit in with world". I have a thriving social life with many friends I hang out with regularly. And I should add that very, very few - almost none - of them actually have social disorders, themselves.

3. Matt and Trey "bullied and teased" almost every type of person out there. If you've been watching South Park since 1997 like you say you have, you would know that. And NOW you're pissed off? It's okay to "poke fun" at others, but not you? They barely even focused on Asperger's itself. I was actually hoping they'd make fun of it more than they did. Were you related to Isaac Hayes, by chance?

Shame on YOU, ma'am. Whether or not I actually 'have' it is up for discussion, but people on here know I was at least diagnosed with it. I don't need people like yourself coming in here and making us look like whiny little jackoffs. That's far more demeaning to people with Asperger's than anything Matt & Trey did.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 2:09 am Offline
Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:25 am12
Did this episode make anyone else want to drink? Really, I've never before been so affected by advertising, but all I've wanted since I saw the episode was a glass of Jameson . . . so much that I had to go out and get some after the second time I watched it.

Maybe because it was so damned depressing and whiskey was being flaunted to me as the solution. Cheers!

To add to the discussion, though, I felt that it was a fairly poor episode. It was really jumbled and rushed and they never explained why the fast food co's were the cynics' imagined target. Just seemed like plot convenience. I only really laughed twice during it, too. Oh well!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 2:34 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
busypenguin wrote:
they never explained why the fast food co's were the cynics' imagined target. Just seemed like plot convenience.

Well Stan was drunk at the time, so he latched onto the first group he saw as targets - the fast food execs. Pretty much plot convenience.

I've never had Jameson Irish Whiskey before. Hm...
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 3:31 am Offline
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:02 am1
So I'm guessing that the break may have thrown people off the scent, but I'm still set in a particular theory about this 2 parter.

Seems like Matt & Trey are portraying their thoughts and feelings about still working on south park after all this time. I had forgotten about this as well, until that final speech. All the "You can do your own thing, I can do mine" and "At least it will be different!" stuff really drove the point home. Not to mention Stan's reaction to his dad telling him they worked it out, and that it was going back to the way it was again. And his mom with "Stick to what you know"

I've been a longtime fan of South Park, and don't think I'd ever get tired of seeing new episodes. But on the same point, I wouldn't want the creators of this brilliant show to be forced into sticking with it if they wanted to move on.

Live your lives the way you want to live them guys, if you continue, I will continue to support your show wholeheartedly. If you move on, I'm fine with that.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 5:10 am Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I think the problem is Trey and Matt really don't explain their feelings on Asperger's - they bring it in but don't give details. There's no big "I learned something today..." moment - which makes it a lot harder to draw conclusions. Upon my first viewing, I saw it as insensitive and rewatching it, I grew to understand it.

The problem is the idea is brought in, then brushed aside.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 8:01 am Offline
Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:56 pm4427I don't wanna fucking tell you! Last time this kid started stalking me!
People WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEMS!!! I mean stop bitching and calling Kyle names! I'm sure you all done that in your lives and Stan wasn't dieing! All the times Stan helped Kyle when he was sick is when Kyle was DIEING,Stan definatly was not dieing!
Kidney,hemrodes,and others Stan helped Kyle from f*cking dieing for fucksake people!!!!!!!
*ahem* had to get that out and why is no one talking about the KyleXWendy scene I think Matt&Trey are doing something or just satifying us KyleXWendy fans!
I have ADD I twitch I'm mostly Tweek and I find this episode funny so LAY THE F*CK OFF OF MATT AND TREY YOU TRY MAKING A SHOW THAT IS FUNNY,AND SUCCESSFUL AND DOING THINGS ON THE SIDE!!!!!! I didn't think you would so all you complainers SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!
*walks away*.................emo assh*les...*continues* :tweek:
Cheerful misery with a best friend is better than eternal misery wherever else.

BEST CHARACTERS IN SOUTH PARK
1.Kyle
2.Kenny
3.Pip
4.Tweek
5.Butters
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 10:55 am Offline
Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:48 am1
South park was great when it was about the children running around town and having fun adventures. Now that @ssburgers and your getting old are emphasising the depression of real life it hits way too close to home.

Bring back the essence of south park, what it was about, fun and comedy.

The show just isnt funny any more. Just like stan's world where he sees everything as sh*t... this is what its like for me when i watch a new south park.

Dont make a comedy show without the comedy.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 12:10 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
kylekennypiptweek wrote:
People WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEMS!!! I mean stop bitching and calling Kyle names! I'm sure you all done that in your lives and Stan wasn't dieing! All the times Stan helped Kyle when he was sick is when Kyle was DIEING,Stan definatly was not dieing!
Kidney,hemrodes,and others Stan helped Kyle from f*cking dieing for fucksake people!!!!!!!
*ahem* had to get that out and why is no one talking about the KyleXWendy scene I think Matt&Trey are doing something or just satifying us KyleXWendy fans!
I have ADD I twitch I'm mostly Tweek and I find this episode funny so LAY THE F*CK OFF OF MATT AND TREY YOU TRY MAKING A SHOW THAT IS FUNNY,AND SUCCESSFUL AND DOING THINGS ON THE SIDE!!!!!! I didn't think you would so all you complainers SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!
*walks away*.................emo assh*les...*continues* :tweek:

That's the thing, Stan has saved Kyle from dying before. For a little 8-year-old to do that is remarkable and a great test of friendship. He knew his friend needed him bad so there he was. Stan may not have been dying physically but on the inside he was. Everything he's ever loved had been taken away. Nothing made him happy. Kyle put little effort into helping Stan get through this. He knew Stan was drunk when he said 'f*ck you' to him yet he's going to blame Stan for that? He didn't know what he was saying! And if he did mean it did Kyle stop to think why? He was with Cartman Burger and Stan didn't seem too thrilled with that. Kyle had to have said something to really hurt Stan in YGO, that's why he became sh*t. And Stan looked shocked and hurt at that when he walked away.

I agree with what atqrqrz said. Although I won't go as far as saying Kyle needs to be written out because the show wouldn't be the same. Even if he isn't my fav. I care about Stan way too much and it's his hurt if something happened to Kyle that would kill me. :P

I'm helpless with my favorite characters of shows and books... :roll:
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 12:40 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Stanluv25 wrote:
He knew Stan was drunk when he said 'f*ck you' to him yet he's going to blame Stan for that?

Okay, I've seen this come up a few times, so I just have to say something.

Alcohol does not subvert someone's free will. All it does is kind of quiet the part of the brain that tends to say, "Gee, this might not be a good idea; it might lead to this, that, or the other." If you do something while drunk, you have at least considered it while sober. It drives me SO crazy when people say that they shouldn't be held accountable for something they did or said while drunk, or that being drunk means you didn't mean it. You do mean it, you just didn't stop to consider the consequences. It's very, very different.
Stan meant it when he said he missed Kyle, he meant it when he said he loved Kyle, and he meant it when he said Kyle was a piece of sh*t and gave him the finger. He didn't consider the consequences very carefully, because he was drunk, but that doesn't mean it should just be brushed off.
That being said, Kyle clearly did forgive him, since they were hanging out by the end of the show. So clearly, while it bothered Kyle, it was not really his main problem. His main problem was that Stan had become a "black hole" of negativity. Having known people like that, I have some empathy for Kyle's position. I'm sure that if he could have gotten a kidney for Stan or something, he would have gone to the ends of the earth for it, but in this situation he felt like there was nothing he could do. He tried, but he wasn't getting anywhere, and the negativity was starting to leech into his own life. That's hard to deal with, and the more you realize there's nothing you can do and no way you can help, the more difficult it gets.
btw, there are several things that can be done to help someone in that sort of situation, but most of it isn't easy and they have to put some work in; it's not just like having surgery for a bad kidney. And really, Kyle could have done very little aside from encouraging Stan to seek help from doctors, therapists, and nutritionists. I'm not surprised that M&T didn't really mention those sorts of options, because they've never seemed to be real advocates of anything like diet for health. I'm almost surprised they didn't do anything about medication though... just went with the drinking thing. I'm curious what they think about anti-depressants and things.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 12:56 pm Offline
Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:31 pm8
TR3NDKILLER wrote:
So I'm guessing that the break may have thrown people off the scent, but I'm still set in a particular theory about this 2 parter.

Seems like Matt & Trey are portraying their thoughts and feelings about still working on south park after all this time. I had forgotten about this as well, until that final speech. All the "You can do your own thing, I can do mine" and "At least it will be different!" stuff really drove the point home. Not to mention Stan's reaction to his dad telling him they worked it out, and that it was going back to the way it was again. And his mom with "Stick to what you know"

I've been a longtime fan of South Park, and don't think I'd ever get tired of seeing new episodes. But on the same point, I wouldn't want the creators of this brilliant show to be forced into sticking with it if they wanted to move on.

Live your lives the way you want to live them guys, if you continue, I will continue to support your show wholeheartedly. If you move on, I'm fine with that.

I was still watching for that. I mean it was pretty obvious when Stan had his monologue.
"At least it will be new, and that will allow me to go on."

and I was like no sh*t, their actually going to follow through with this huge dynamic change. ohh well at least there will still be more southpark.

I thought Randy showing up and telling Stan everything was going back to normal was brilliant/hilarious.

If M+T were trying to get a message across to fans from that episode, I would take it to be, Things are going to change (stans drinking for one) but that they will be sticking to the roots of the show.

After all it has been the greatest cartoon of all time, why wouldnt they stay with it. But I would take this episode as evidence that they are going to change it up now and again. I mean they said all that stuff via sharon and randy about "it being the same thing every week, i just cant take it anymore" in the last episode.

Well I definitely thought this episode was original (most original in a while). I have faith they will keep it fresh.

Bravo

I wonder if more multi-episode plotlines are to come...?
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 09, 2011 1:05 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
^ Well I've never been drunk or touched alcohol in my life so I wouldn't really know how it feels to be under it. I've seen people drink before but never heard them say what was on their minds when doing it. Okay, so Stan meant it when he said 'f*ck you'. Again Kyle didn't seem to wonder why he wanted to say that. :P

That's the thing, we didn't see Kyle try enough to get Stan some help. He only suggested he see a doctor in YGO, which Stan did, but that's when everything really went downhill. After he didn't offer anymore suggestions. At the end of YGO it seemed as if Kyle hesitated in telling Stan something when he was sitting by Stark's Pond.

I know it can be draining to be around someone who's constantly upset with the world. But still, the friendship between Stan and Kyle is so strong that in a time like this when Stan needed him the most, Kyle didn't do a whole lot, and it was a little odd. Like he just had Stan deal with his problems himself. Kyle is to blame a little in the events from the past 2 eppies.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.

Sort by  
Page 17 of 22 320 posts Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next