Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 22 320 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
If it wern't for the last 5 minutes of this episode, I would have said that this was THE WORST South Park I've ever seen! Very dissapointing.

Stan getting the "Aspergers" title definately made more sense than Cartman. And Cartman, leave it to him to make money off of something like a disorder.

As for Aspergers. M&T clearly got it wrong. We are not f*ckin stupid! We don't go around pissing on walls, or looking like total wound up freaks. Then to go around and say that it's not a f*ckin disease...it really pissed me off! We are very smart individuals, and although we may be different, we usually can see right from wrong like most people. I wish people didn't make Aspergers seem like we are stupid, getting lost, killing machines cause we are not!! :evil:

The Carman thing was extremely predictible! You think he'd ever tell people he was putting the burgers up his ass?!? Pathetic. Barely got a chuckle out of me.

The whole Stan thing made him look pathetic, like a waste. Granted he was wasted lol. But idk I couldn't stand looking at him so down like that. then to be used as a pawn for the convience of others, it's kinda not like him.Thinking everything was sh*t.

I'm glad the Stan ordeal is over, and I guess that is the only good thing out of this episode, is that everything is sorta/kinda back to normal. Didn't think all of this was necessary though. We all knew (spoiler) that the Marsh's would get back together and get their house back...didn't expect it this soon but yea. It just was a stupid episode all together. Best part was the ending when Stan took a straight booze, I too would need that if I heard that 2 and a half men is better without Charlie Sheen :lol:

I'll re-watch it later....but I don't know why I feel like Stan. This show was sh*tty tonight. Having Aspergers, I go through phases in my life where for a few years I think something is great; and then it gets old and tiring and I quietly lose that thing in my life. Maybe it's just the beginning of the end of this show for me. Maybe life is calling for a new direction. I'm sure it will take another year or two, but maybe the signs are there in my life...that it's time to move on :(
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Last edited by mo303564 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:44 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Alright, the song Cartman was singing while he was cooking the burgers was "Heartlight" by Neil Diamond

Just some FYI trivia
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:45 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18783I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
n-nall? nall? Uh, he-hello? *thump-thump-thump-thump-thump* ... oh well.
triplemultiplex wrote:
Is Fatass going to open a burger joint now or what? Surprised he didn't have himself a laugh over everyone eating his ass burger.

I did. I laughed my ass off at that, and when he turned from the stand to go into his super secret flavor enhancing chamber and had the ass of his pants trailing behind him full of burgers. :lol:
I'm not enjoying the idea of boozed-up Stan much though, but whatevvs. And I guess I was wrong about he and Wendy. I got yet another giggle out of him showering with his cap on still. (aw.)
I have an idea of where/what M&T were dong with the whole Faktrix thing, but I'm having trouble putting it into words. Besides, I'm f*ckin' hungry. I'm off to go get a Cartman Burger now!

addendum: GAW ARTARDS! stop posting for 2 seconds so I can submit my thing!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:46 pm Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 pm12
Lame. The last funny SP episode was Creme Fraiche.

I don't really get where they're going with this whole story arc. I mean, it seems like they're saying they've lost their passion for writing the show, but then you watch their interviews on 60 minutes and Kimmel and they say they still love it. Seems like mixed messages to me, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I just want some funny episodes, but so far this season has been a dud.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:47 pm Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm561
I think they were getting at Aspergers being soooo much of a mild form of "autism" that it doesn't really warrant being diagnosed so damn much, hence they are "normal" when not being looked at, particularly by doctors?

Either way, Mike, calm down.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:48 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm175in a small dark egg carton
As Stan was ranting I was like...yes yes yes YES perfect! Randy pull up and I was like......... Seriously? Then as I was thinking further I was like well all in all it is back to before and it offing rocked befor and it still does hail south park. Till next week! 9.75/10
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:48 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
mo303564 wrote:
As for Aspergers. M&T clearly got it wrong. We are not f*ckin stupid! We don't go around pissing on walls, or looking like total wound up freaks. Then to go around and say that it's not a f*ckin disease...it really pissed me off! We are very smart individuals, and although we may be different, we usually can see right from wrong like most people. I wish people didn't make Aspergers seem like we are stupid, getting lost, killing machines cause we are not!! :evil:

Are you trying to make people with Asperger's look like whiny little whimps who can't take a joke?

Just saying. If you're going to defend a group of people, don't make an ass of yourself while doing it, especially if you belong to said group. We're talking about South Park, not Oprah.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:51 pm Offline
Screw the aspergers part. It's BS. That's not what I care about. I have aspergers. Hardcore aspergers. I've said it before. I don't care. Yes, the depiction of it in this episode is wrong, but I don't care. That's not the part that I am paying attention to here.

There's 2 names that I DO care about here, Stan and Kyle.

Aspergers syndrome is the reason I like South Park (and radio) in the first place. I care more about South Park than I care about being made fun of or misrepresented.

It's not about me or my aspergers. It's about something bigger than me. Stan & Kyle. South Park in general.

That's how I see it.
Last edited by kfgg on Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:52 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
:D This episode was nice and awesome as well as funny. So happy!~ I don't feel like saying what I specifically like, though. I'm worried for Stan, though... I hope he stops drinking.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:54 pm Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm561
"Aspergers" is real, and lots of people have it BAD. But it is thrown around so f*cking much it diminishes those that really have it bad. I seriously know 2 people that are diagnosed with it and they are more normal than me.

It seems to me that the most important symptom of it is "are you introverted?", and that is BULLSHIT.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:57 pm Offline
You wanna talk aspergers? Right here buddy. That's the reason I'm here in the first place.

I have 2 interests. Radio, South Park. Why? Aspergers Syndrome.

I'm not going to sit here and whine and complain about how the term was represented in this episode.

Stan and Kyle

I'll say it again Stan and Kyle

more important things to talk about

Stan's possible alcoholism

Seriously, that's a bigger problem

Take it from someone with hardcore aspergers syndrome. Someone who has seen it overdiagnosed time and time again.

Please just let Stan and Kyle be ok
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:59 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
Niels: What? No. We're not whiny little brats. We just think differently that's all. I just honestly didn't find it funny tonight.

I got a small chuckle out of Stan's "I love you part", and then him at the end getting drunk and the 2 and half men thing. Got a small chuckle out of Cartman's burger in his ass. And I got a perhaps the biggest chuckle out of the two kids that said ahead of Stan/Wendy "They should just f*ck and get it over with!" :P LOL. That's like Aspergers right there XD.

Other than that, it was mundane...kinda off balance. Hated the last episode, hated this one. They wasted 2 episodes if you ask me and got a lot of people nervous and beat up over a dumb television show.

Nobody should get the feeling that Shots did this, there is little to no proof of that. I believe it is clearly more on these 2 factors A) Genetics...yes, if someone if your family had Autism or some recessive gene, then it's possible. and B) I was born premature, and my brain was probably pre-developed and so I learned some things quicker than others.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:00 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
triplemultiplex wrote:

The reverse montage to Landslide was a pretty sweet call back.

I laughed my ass off the entire time the song was playing. God, that was brilliant.

triplemultiplex wrote:
The big joke in the episode that I absolutely love is that the secret to ending the shittiness is straight whiskey. Here, here. Everything's back to normal and I guess Stan now has a drinking problem.

I thought it was funny in the sense that it's easy to see where they're coming from, but it's a bit too messed up at the same time. Alcohol is as much a drug as any narcotic on the streets and yet it's all over the place - mind you, I'm not for prohibition by any means, but the whole 'life sucks except when you have chemicals to dumb your brain down' isn't a joke for people who lose control and destroy themselves and their relationships.

But on a lighter note:

"You were right, Kyle - Adam Sandler is freaking hilarious!" :lol: classic.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I'm turning in my fan card. I still love the show, but after being told the disease me and my brother have been afflicted with is a bunch of bullsh*t I can't help but be a little offended.

That whole episode was just bizzare. It didn't even feel like Matt and Trey's usual storytelling style. Things came in and didn't come back, small things were left unresolved. It was a total mishmosh - maybe it's intentional, part of their mockery of themselves... but even the Asperger's stuff, no research was done clearly, hell the episode was more accurate to Autism itself than actual Asperger's. And Randy's scene - if Trey wants to come and look me in the eye and tell me my family members are suffering from a disease that isn't real...

Ugh. It was like they had a full run of new episodes planned and put it all into one episode.

But then there's just...

M&T pretty much broke the one rule I ever said I'd leave South Park over. I won't say what happened and why it pissed me off but

I don't think I'm leaving, I'm too much of a pussy to. Watch me. Bet you in three days I'm going to be sooo happy with this episode and I'll love it to bits.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:10 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Good God, people. It's called a joke. LIGHTEN THE HELL UP! Jeez. :| Don't turn into Isaac Hayes after South Park made fun of Scientology.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 22 320 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next