Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 22 320 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:10 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Aspergers Syndrome: I'll explain from personal experience. Read carefully.

You're cut off from having a social life. Talking to people is hard.

You have very small interests. In my case, it's South Park and Radio. I know more about radio than some people who are working in the radio industry. It shocks even them. Same goes with South Park, to some extent. I think of it as real. It's like a serious part of my life.

I talk to myself, usually in my head. I don't have a social life outside of the internet so where else am I going to get the company?

Loud noises disturb me. Specifically overhead paging at hospitals and any startling noises that normally wouldn't bother anybody else (such as a scoreboard)

My whole body shakes as if I'm cold. Some people often ask me "are you cold" "No I always shake like this"

It's hard to talk with people in person. Sensitivity overload is bad.

Being forced to learn something doesn't work, however I can absorb information into my brain like a computer if it has anything to do with things such as radio or South Park or music for that matter. I could just name the song Cartman was singing Artist and Title off the top of my head. Radio is part of that reason.

I often have stomach problems. This is what they call autistic IBD.

Sometimes I've done embarassing things in public, usually by saying something. I cannot understand certain social cues, thus I have been a loner my entire life.

There's a lot more to this. Think of it as autism, except I can communicate normally if needed. I can talk. I had no delay in learning to walk, speak, understand things, etc.

It's called Aspergers Syndrome because of the doctor who discovered it. His name was Hans Asperger.

There is a LOT more to this than one might think. Some doctors tend to immediately diagnose people with this because it's easy. Think of it as the new ADD. Did everybody who was diagnosed with ADD and put on ritalin in the 90s really have ADD? NO! I was one of them. One of the first diagnoses they put on me was ADD and threw ritalin at me in 2nd grade.

I wasn't finally diagnosed with aspergers until I was maybe 10 years old. Officially at 15.

It's true to life issue.

And because South Park happens to be one of the few interests I have (because of the Aspergers syndrome) I really do not care that they completely misrepresented this situation. I care more about Stan and Kyle. Others are getting offended. And more probably will continue to be offended.

It's not something to be offended by. It's not something to wine and complain about.

if you like South Park, especially the way I do, you don't care if you were made fun of. I honestly do not care.

I care more about Stan and Kyle, South Park, etc.

I keep saying the same thing over and over, I'm probably pissing a lot of people off. But I just want to set the record straight.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:14 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 4:42 pm43
also off topic but we can add steve jobs to the list of people south park has made fun of that passed away.. i believe they made fun of him in the human centipad
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
GeminiShamrock wrote:
Good God, people. It's called a joke. LIGHTEN THE HELL UP! Jeez. :| Don't turn into Isaac Hayes after South Park made fun of Scientology.

Making fun of Aspies is not what broke the camel's back for me.

It was three words that should never have been used.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:18 pm Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm562
No one is saying it isn't real, we are saying it is over diagnosed. Like kfgg has said, he has it BAD, but has himself seen it over diagnosed. My friend "has" it, he has no social issues whatsoever. Seems they really just said he had it after coming up as introverted in tests.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:21 pm Offline
Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 pm175in a small dark egg carton
JVM wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:
Good God, people. It's called a joke. LIGHTEN THE HELL UP! Jeez. :| Don't turn into Isaac Hayes after South Park made fun of Scientology.

And that was?...
Ahhhhh hamburgerss!
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:22 pm Offline
By the way, I feel Stan there when he took a swig of that whiskey at the end of the episode.

I took a lorazepam pill (booze in a pill) before watching this episode. I do this a lot to get enjoyment out of things I am normally disgusted by.

In this case, I was afraid of what was going to happen

This episode turned out pretty good thankfully. I can't wait for next week.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:23 pm Offline
Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:08 am6
Dude, kfgg, we get it.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:25 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
kfgg wrote:
By the way, I feel Stan there when he took a swig of that whiskey at the end of the episode.

I took a lorazepam pill (booze in a pill) before watching this episode. I do this a lot to get enjoyment out of things I am normally disgusted by.

Keep doing that, and you won't be around next week. Seriously. Don't mix any OTC medication with alcohol.

JVM wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:

If you're not referring to "It's not real", then I don't know what you're talking about.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:25 pm Offline
Sorry, I'm just a little hyper
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:26 pm Offline
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm562
He isn't over posting about it, it's fine. If anything it's just more emphasis that it is a real problem.

Just..... f*ck the "are you introverted? YOU HAVE ASPERGERS!" diagnosis.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:26 pm Offline
Niels0827 wrote:
kfgg wrote:

Keep doing that, and you won't be around next week. Seriously. Don't mix any OTC medication with alcohol.

JVM wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:

If you're not referring to "It's not real", then I don't know what you're talking about.

Dude, I'm not mixing medication with alcohol. Lorazepam has the same effects as being drunk. It's an anti anxiety medication. That's where the term "booze in a pill" comes from.

If I would have taken one of these instead of a bunch of allergy pills last time around, I probably wouldn't have ended up in the hospital like I did. Because I wouldn't have been as upset about it. I would probably have been laughing.
Last edited by kfgg on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:27 pm Offline
Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:05 pm4
Barack_Obama wrote:
"Aspergers" is real, and lots of people have it BAD. But it is thrown around so f*cking much it diminishes those that really have it bad. I seriously know 2 people that are diagnosed with it and they are more normal than me.

It seems to me that the most important symptom of it is "are you introverted?", and that is BULLSHIT.

EXACTLY! I guess that's why you're president! :assface:

There are many cases of "Asperger's" people later being re-diagnosed as a different disorder on autism spectrum... because it's a fake syndrome made up by some Austrian.

P.S. Matt and Trey, you guys are f*cking awesome. Though i have to say, many of your fans are really stupid and don't get you guys at all.
Last edited by bendyourself on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 pm Offline
Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:00 pm27
LMAO at this episode. Really enjoyed it. Did anybody think Stan was going to die during his speech at the end of the episode? Freaked me out
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:28 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
whatwouldwedo W/o SP wrote:
JVM wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:

And that was?...

I don't want to say it, because I know certain members of our fandom will debate me, because it's a really childish thing to make an issue over.

Quote:

Nope, that wasn't it.

Quote:
No one is saying it isn't real, we are saying it is over diagnosed.

They said it wasn't real. Did you hear Randy's words?

The two people I've idolized for the past six years of my life just told me my brother and I are the way we are because our parents sucked.

Do you have any idea how that feels?
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:29 pm Offline
bendyourself wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:
"Aspergers" is real, and lots of people have it BAD. But it is thrown around so f*cking much it diminishes those that really have it bad. I seriously know 2 people that are diagnosed with it and they are more normal than me.

It seems to me that the most important symptom of it is "are you introverted?", and that is BULLSHIT.

EXACTLY! I guess that's why you're president! :assface:

There are many cases of "Asperger's" people later being re-diagnosed as a different disorder on autism spectrum... because it's a fake syndrome made up by some Austrian nazi.

P.S. Matt and Trey, you guys are f*cking awesome. Though i have to say, many of your fans are really stupid and don't get you guys at all.

Dude, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. It is very real. I'm living it.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 22 320 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next