Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 5 of 22 320 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
Author Message
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:30 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm559
bendyourself wrote:
Barack_Obama wrote:
"Aspergers" is real, and lots of people have it BAD. But it is thrown around so f*cking much it diminishes those that really have it bad. I seriously know 2 people that are diagnosed with it and they are more normal than me.

It seems to me that the most important symptom of it is "are you introverted?", and that is BULLSHIT.


EXACTLY! I guess that's why you're president! :assface:

There are many cases of "Asperger's" people later being re-diagnosed as a different disorder on autism spectrum... because it's a fake syndrome made up by some Austrian nazi.

P.S. Matt and Trey, you guys are f*cking awesome. Though i have to say, many of your fans are really stupid and don't get you guys at all.

No, it's real. It is really a huge spectrum, as you say, however. It is basically highly functional autism.

But the spectrum is SOOOO broad that some people that just don't like being around lots of people and prefer a night alone with a movie to going to a party gets diagnosed with it. That is the only issue with it being a disease. If you are going to classify a disease, don't lump in just-introverted people with people with real problems.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:31 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Like I said, it's the new ADD

Throw a diagnosis at everybody

Unfortunately, it is a real problem (as is ADD) but so many people are diagnosed with it that people aren't sure if it's a real problem or not.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:32 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
JVM wrote:
I'm turning in my fan card. I still love the show, but after being told the disease me and my brother have been afflicted with is a bunch of bullsh*t I can't help but be a little offended.

That whole episode was just bizzare. It didn't even feel like Matt and Trey's usual storytelling style. Things came in and didn't come back, small things were left unresolved. It was a total mishmosh - maybe it's intentional, part of their mockery of themselves... but even the Asperger's stuff, no research was done clearly, hell the episode was more accurate to Autism itself than actual Asperger's. And Randy's scene - if Trey wants to come and look me in the eye and tell me my family members are suffering from a disease that isn't real...

Ugh. It was like they had a full run of new episodes planned and put it all into one episode.

But then there's just...

M&T pretty much broke the one rule I ever said I'd leave South Park over. I won't say what happened and why it pissed me off but

I don't think I'm leaving, I'm too much of a pussy to. Watch me. Bet you in three days I'm going to be sooo happy with this episode and I'll love it to bits.


Ok, Issac Hayes. You'll laugh at Tourettes, you'll laugh at every Jew joke, Scientology, Virgin Mary crapping blood in the pope's face, and everything else, that Matt and Trey ever picked on, but when it's your turn, you just throw up your hands, get mad, and run away. Get over yourself.

Matt and Trey pick on everyone. Everyone. Noone excluded. If they made an episode on me, or any affliction I have, I'd be fine with it. The facts don't matter, because outside of the misdiagnosis on the central character the disease wasn't brought up again.

If you want to pretend you're special, you should consider drinking the alcohol that Stan had.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:34 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Barack_Obama wrote:
He isn't over posting about it, it's fine. If anything it's just more emphasis that it is a real problem.

Just..... f*ck the "are you introverted? YOU HAVE ASPERGERS!" diagnosis.


Agreed. Asperger's really is a problem. Having said that, you don't have Asperger's if you're just introverted.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:34 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
I'll leave it at this

I have Aspergers Syndrome.
I love South Park.
I will be going to sleep tonight with my Stan plushie as I have over the past 8 years.
I will be watching next week.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:35 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
kfgg wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
Dude, I'm not mixing medication with alcohol. Lorazepam has the same effects as being drunk. It's an anti anxiety medication. That's where the term "booze in a pill" comes from.

If I would have taken one of these instead of a bunch of allergy pills last time around, I probably wouldn't have ended up in the hospital like I did. Because I wouldn't have been as upset about it. I would probably have been laughing.


Lorazepam is almost like a pill that makes you drunk. I don't know much about it, but all I'm telling you is not to get into the habit. Don't kill your liver.

bendyourself wrote:
it's a fake syndrome made up by some Austrian nazi.


Go up to someone with severe Asperger's and tell them it's fake. Go do it, asshole. Also, I demand proof that Hans Asperger was a Nazi. Show me the proof.

Would you go up to someone who has cancer and tell them it's fake? How about someone with severe autism?

Go fuck yourself, dinky little punk.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:37 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:55 am369Alabama
Starnz wrote:
LMAO at this episode. Really enjoyed it. Did anybody think Stan was going to die during his speech at the end of the episode? Freaked me out

No, but I did think he was going to get shot when he went to Kyle to ask about the secret ingredient. I already knew it was his parents because someone here said Matt and Trey already said that's how it would end on the 60 min. show for them.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:38 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
Because of Aspergers:

I take anti-anxiety medications as well and Anti-Depressants (Clozepam, Zoloft and Welbrutron). Because of this, I don't drink...AT ALL! Well, that and the fact that I only have one kidney. Damn I could serious write an autobiography just explain what the hell I ate for breakfast... :roll:

I also feel more like I am becoming more OCD like. Also I take things more literally, almost like no common sense of a joke; or better yet something I think is funny gets clueless heads from others.

Also...Hans Asperger was Austrian and did have a lot of german influence. It was during that time (1930's and 40's) so it is possible that he was a Nazi believer...but then again, so was Pope Benedict XVI :P :o :mrgreen:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Last edited by mo303564 on Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
HAcoreRD wrote:
Ok, Issac Hayes. You'll laugh at Tourettes, you'll laugh at every Jew joke, Scientology, Virgin Mary crapping blood in the pope's face, and everything else, that Matt and Trey ever picked on, but when it's your turn, you just throw up your hands, get mad, and run away. Get over yourself.

Matt and Trey pick on everyone. Everyone. Noone excluded. If they made an episode on me, or any affliction I have, I'd be fine with it. The facts don't matter, because outside of the misdiagnosis on the central character the disease wasn't brought up again.

If you want to pretend you're special, you should consider drinking the alcohol that Stan had.


Okay, fine, since everyone's so convinced I'm mad over Asperger's...

the thing that really got to me, more than anything?

"I love you."

I don't care if it was played for laughs.

I told myself six years ago if any of the kids really was gay, I'd give. I didn't expect it to happen - it was more of a way of saying I'm so loyal, only the impossible could kick me out.

I've passed leniency on this rule so, so many times.

The fandom's just ruined the show for me in so many ways. I doubt Matt and Trey would ever consider me a fan to begin with.

And don't call me Isaac Hayes. Hayes was cool with M&T and the Church of Scientology tossed him out. He's a far better man than I am.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Alcoholism runs in my family

But I want to make it clear

I
Do
Not
Drink

I HATE the taste of alcohol.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:42 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm559
Forget about your aspergers..... you're a bigot.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:43 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:28 am637United States
My take on the episode. It was amazing, especially when viewed right after YGO. Picked up where the fans wanted it, and didn't miss a beat. While I didn't care for the Cartman side story, it was a simple way to occupy Eric and Kyle, so the Stan story could flow undisturbed.

Alcohol being the temporary solution to making life less sh*tty, as an adult sounds accurate. Only I drink Jack's straight.

The episode did what majority wanted. They could've initiated change, dropped Stan in his own group, and thus turned him into a possible background character, or reemerged him with a new friend, but they did what was best for a show 15 seasons in, don't change the formula. It felt good to see Stan finally tell Kyle off after the way he acted in YGO, and

I'm exceptionally happy they used Wendy in the correct way in the episode. While she didn't have a strong role, she showed she cared, and in the end her and Stan were still together, which was the best call. Side thought, as the two kids said "they (Wendy/Kyle) should just screw and get it over with." That could've been plenty possible in that sole instance, as Kyle didn't even see Stan as a friend, so he could've went back on his word from "Follow That Egg".

Ultimately, the show reverted to what it was, which most shows typically do. Best move in the situation, and opens more story for the last episodes of the season. 10/10
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:43 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
A bigot? I hope you're not talking about me.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:44 pm Offline
  • Profile
Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:50 pm559
kfgg wrote:
A bigot? I hope you're not talking about me.

No, last page, you got your post in before me, I should have quoted. Sorry about the confusion.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Re: *1508: Ass Burgers* Pre-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 05, 2011 8:45 pm Offline
  • WWW
  • Profile
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
No, he means me because I don't want Stan to be gay.

I have nothing against gays in reality, but the fandom has made me pretty anti-gay as far as South Park is concerned.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 5 of 22 320 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X