Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 13 of 14 200 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSun Oct 23, 2011 7:30 pm Offline
Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:03 am6
Mrs.KennyMcCormick wrote:
elactor wrote:
I just need to make a point here:
Go Lemmiwinks! Stop Wikileaks! > Work, Mexican, Work.
Am I right?

Yeah... neither of the episodes this season were really funny anyway. I only laughed during the episode because that lady sounded like a guy :/ Seasons 1-14 > Season 15
But that is just my opinion.

I feel bad that you can't enjoy the newest episodes, a lot of friends of mine stopped watching the show because it became too boring for them. It's only a matter of time for TP and MT to get on the rail again, they are recovering with the last episodes IMO. I hope they keep that way bringing more old school South Park or even better.
Why sh*t on Wikileaks? PostMon Oct 24, 2011 12:15 pm Offline
Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:58 am1
Trey, Matt:

Why sh*t on Wikileaks? Some of their "eavesdropping" actually does some good as far as forcing government accountability and exposing corruption... Which I know was alluded to by the faculty trying to silence Wikileaks during a story that the public should have known about... but I mean, why not Murdoch and his snooping newspapers, or Facebook and their datamining they do large corporations, or the government and warrantless wire-taps? Good point about what we all settle for as "entertainment", but I just don't think Assange is this nefarious enemy or a "rat" and that wikileaks does some good.

PEACE
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 2:45 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
elactor wrote:
Mrs.KennyMcCormick wrote:
elactor wrote:
I just need to make a point here:
Go Lemmiwinks! Stop Wikileaks! > Work, Mexican, Work.
Am I right?

Yeah... neither of the episodes this season were really funny anyway. I only laughed during the episode because that lady sounded like a guy :/ Seasons 1-14 > Season 15
But that is just my opinion.

I feel bad that you can't enjoy the newest episodes, a lot of friends of mine stopped watching the show because it became too boring for them. It's only a matter of time for TP and MT to get on the rail again, they are recovering with the last episodes IMO. I hope they keep that way bringing more old school South Park or even better.

Yeah, I'm getting tired of the same old "sh*t" and "ass" jokes, but maybe that's because I'm a girl? I don't know. These episodes haven't been living up to the older ones.
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 pm Offline
Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:58 pm2
Zazaban wrote:
MGadapee wrote:
To be candid, this was a bitter-tasting episode for me. There were very funny things in it - it seemed like bits and pieces moving very fast. I thought Cartman was hilarious (and conspiring with the teachers). I thought the topic of suicide and affirmative action in response was a top-notch start. The rats who do not speak - not too funny for me.
The bitter part for me was wikileaks vs lemmiwinks.

Assange is a true hero, and a courageous one, whereas the NewsCorp affair was the opposite. I have a problem with this being programming for an ignorant audience that doesn't know what to think about such things, and who ultimately get their cues from (whatever).

I kind of get the impression that Trey himself does not appreciate the difference between hacking governments and hacking celebrities. Or has otherwise muddled the two incidents together in his head. The episode seems to have oversimplified the Wikileaks issue into "invading privacy is bad," without any deeper analysis whatsoever. Sort of reminds me of how he approaches global warming.

Thanks for the comment, Zazaban. Like I say, I think there are some really great episodes in this show - some of the best stuff on TV, so they can't just do that all of the time.

Speaking of hacking governments... Assange goers down I think kind of funny that way, because that is not hacking, that is picking up copies of thousands of transmissions that can be 'sniffed' - hee hee. But the anonymous org that came about after Assange got set up and put in jail - they are truly hacking into govt/credit card sites as best they can. OK, enough of that digression. The wig was funny, which may be enough for the creators of south park. It seems sometimes it is. Slam.

Global warming? I will support saying that is not a simple issue. Others that come to mind... These crazy wars in the ME and Africa. The US sent in troops to Uganda, and blew the crap out of the nicest place to live in Africa (Libya), followed by CIA-led terrorists, blah, blah. For those who don't know it. They want more of these wars - Syria, Iran... (and consider the carbon-footprint of war!)

Now that I think of it, a good run-down of what is actually going on in the world might provide great food for thought and new episodes.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostMon Oct 24, 2011 9:53 pm Offline
Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:42 pm1
I was waiting for an episode with Julian and you did it! I still think the issues relating to wikileaks should be expressed in a more serious story line because in reality it is the most complicated and controversial case of our time. Other than that, I think this is a good one and worth seeing it. Thank you!
Re: Why sh*t on Wikileaks? PostTue Oct 25, 2011 12:14 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Lacomas wrote:
Trey, Matt:

Why sh*t on Wikileaks? Some of their "eavesdropping" actually does some good as far as forcing government accountability and exposing corruption... Which I know was alluded to by the faculty trying to silence Wikileaks during a story that the public should have known about... but I mean, why not Murdoch and his snooping newspapers, or Facebook and their datamining they do large corporations, or the government and warrantless wire-taps? Good point about what we all settle for as "entertainment", but I just don't think Assange is this nefarious enemy or a "rat" and that wikileaks does some good.

PEACE

They rip on Wikileaks to make liberals like yourself mad.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostTue Oct 25, 2011 12:16 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Lemmiwinks is in the same category as Crab People for me. Totally ridiculous, random, and not funny.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Oct 26, 2011 11:00 pm Offline
Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:29 pm5Perth, Western Australia
This one had me in fits of laughter! Cartman is such a sh*thead - gotta love him :lol: . Wikileaks with the Assange hair, Catatafish, and when Mackey sh*ts himself at the end :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostSat Oct 29, 2011 9:16 pm Offline
Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:54 am5Long Beach, Ca
Gotta love Cartman in this one. Go Lemmiwinks the gerbil king!
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostWed Feb 29, 2012 1:51 pm Offline
Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:40 am1
missdivine78 wrote:
This one had me in fits of laughter! Cartman is such a sh*thead - gotta love him :lol: . Wikileaks with the Assange hair, Catatafish, and when Mackey sh*ts himself at the end :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not to mention the fact that they used the music from the original "The Hobbit" cartoon movie. That had me laughing so hard I almost pissed myself.
PostFri Mar 30, 2012 3:16 am Offline
Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:17 am0
the game of lemmiwinks scares me
He PostTue Jun 19, 2012 4:58 pm Offline
Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:11 pm0
Lemmiwinks is f*cking back. f*ck yeah
Lol! PostMon Oct 22, 2012 12:30 am Offline
  • YIM
Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:33 am0Bucuresti
Best episode of season 15.
PostSat Mar 02, 2013 9:03 pm Offline
Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:11 am0
I love the suicide bit that goes along with this website. it fits in smoothly with whats actually going on lately lol! lovely.
PostFri Aug 09, 2013 2:11 am Offline
Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 am0
Oh my f*cking god with those ads.. there is not one person in these ads that i am not willing to kill for a cent

Sort by  
Page 13 of 14 200 posts Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next