Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 10 of 14 200 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 20, 2011 10:54 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
So after watching the majority of this a second time...

This episode should've been a two-parter. Like I said before, it's a lot of great ideas, but nothing gets the time it truly deserves.

Why'd that Vernon kid have Lemmiwinks? Did the school sell him off or something?

As for Jenny, don't expect to hear from her again. Female fourth graders never truly last as speaking characters besides Wendy and Bebe.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 20, 2011 11:02 pm Offline
Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm130
I really like this episode a lot! The fight between Lemmiwinks and Wikileaks was total epic and of course Mr.Macky spattering crap in the hallway :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:. I was so relived that Cartman didn't die after being tossed underneath the bus. I was a little worried, but glad he's alright. The scene with Stan being upset about his message being discovered by Eavesdropper was hysterical and Wendy saying "addiction to crack". Overall, I really love this episode and everybody was funny, especially Mr.Macky :lol:

This episode receives an A plus.
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostThu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 am1
I LOVE you Matt and Trey!! Thank you so much for not pussing out! You scared me there with that season finale but thank God you guys are smarter than that :) As a devoted fan thank you so much for stickin to your guns and coming back strong with a hilarious start to the new season! Bass to mouth was f**king Awesome! Lemmiwinks is back! yes!
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 am OfflineSite Admin
Thu May 20, 2004 7:52 am2362The Internet
Just a quick note that we've got new wallpapers, including one from this episode.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 6:20 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Another hillarious episode... it was a great comeback with the Lemmiwinks thing, an anal-jerbal traveling through mr. Slave's intestants and receiving words of wisdom and advice from ghost animal kings... :lol: that was one of the most ridiculous and funny moments in South Park ever, so this episode made me laugh very fkin hard and I also nostalgia'd :lol: GJ guys
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 7:03 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
NeuroHeart wrote:
Mrs.KennyMcCormick wrote:
Oh man! Was I the only one who said "aw!" when Cartman told Jenny that he really loved her?
I shouldn't have fell for that. Of course he would've give her a tainted cupcake. >.<
Gah! I have fallen into one of Cartman's traps again.

I hope you won't take this as an insult, but how long have you been watching the show?

I've been watching the show for about 8 years now and even at that moment I said "aw"...forget what his intentions REALLY were... it was just a sweet moment for a little kid :oops:
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 8:22 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
NeuroHeart wrote:
I've been watching this show for freaking ever. I just always fall for Cartman. He acts all mean and stuff, but I'm just waiting to find him having a really soft spot for a girl (one day!)

Mmm...kay. Logical pattern recognition would indicate that such an event is never going to happen. Not only has he been a jerkass for fifteen years, he has grown steadily more jerk-ish, as well as more ass-ish. He's not nice to anyone, even people he likes. The only thing soft and squishy about Cartman exists in his distended fat cells.

He has a soft spot for cats.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 10:15 am Offline
Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 am47
Did everyone forget about the episode where Cartman and Wendy have a crush on each other, so then she kissed him at the conference or what it was and she's like "Good, now it's out of the way"... ??? Because Cartman was seriously bummed out by this (of course he didn't show it o told her how he feels), because he rly liked Wendy, maybe even started to love her. I think this was Cartman's softest moment so far, also one of the very few moments I can actually identify with Cartman and even feel pity for him, even though he still is a huge jerk ^^
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 12:00 pm Offline
Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:38 am1
This has got to be one of my favourite episodes ever. Oh, the story itself isn't bad. Not the best, but pretty good. In this case, it is the music from the Hobbit. It is for this reason that the earlier episode with Lemmiwinks is also among my top 10.

At about 18 minutes into this episode is when it hits perfection, in my opinion. Though, what can I say.. my ring-tone is "Where there's a whip" from Return of the King. The music from Return of the King as well as The Hobbit will always have a special place in my heart and this episode now shares that place. I guess all we're missing is some music from Flight of Dragons (another Rankin/Bass production).

Great work guys - References to current events and references to many of our childhoods are what makes this show continue to be funny after all these years.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 12:53 pm Offline
Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:10 pm1
I loved every moment of this episode (from wikileaks to bullying/suicide) until they showed who the inside person was. And to me it got worse as they showed lemmewinks, the frog, bird, and the stupid fish. Should've just left it a mystery for a couple of episodes like mysterion, and then came up with a better ending especially who the inside person was.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:01 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Saw it a 2nd time and not much else to add that wasn't already said. Loved the eppy again, even funnier the second time! However this reinstates a couple things: one, that Kyle cannot take an effin' joke and has no sense of humor. And 2, well, Stan does, and he, along with Cartman and the others did find the stories funny! :D I just enjoy seeing the differences of the boys and Stan and Kyle are completely different from each other. Again, the whole bit about Stan's secret being posted was hilarious!
I found it a little random Mr. Adler was a part of this. Uhh, why him of all people? I guess some random kid found Lemmiwinks and kept him after he was free from Mr. Slave. I think my fav of the animal spirits is Catatafish. 'I am your friend, and a sprit, and a fish etc...' :lol: I liked the scene when the kids hurry to get Lemmiwinks and back to the school. That was just fun to watch for some reason.
The ending was just gross. As a chick I do not find poop and farts funny. It's gross.

I give this... 8.5/10. Not a full nine, something about it...
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:10 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Who ever the heck confused the mid-season finale with the season finale, you're stupid. Along with mid-season premiere and season premiere.

And who WOULDN'T have a clue who Selena Gomez is?
She's a teen star and Justin Bieber's sorta-girlfriend.

I give this eppy an 8/10, just like Assburgers. Same thing, it was overall great, but some parts of it were jsut dull.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:25 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
NeuroHeart wrote:
I've been watching this show for freaking ever. I just always fall for Cartman. He acts all mean and stuff, but I'm just waiting to find him having a really soft spot for a girl (one day!)

Mmm...kay. Logical pattern recognition would indicate that such an event is never going to happen. Not only has he been a jerkass for fifteen years, he has grown steadily more jerk-ish, as well as more ass-ish. He's not nice to anyone, even people he likes. The only thing soft and squishy about Cartman exists in his distended fat cells.

Ahh, I see that you don't find Cartman to have a soft side. I beg to differ. I think that somewhere, in that big, chubby body of his, he has a heart. Didn't he kinda feel sad after Wendy kissed him? I think he needs someone to love in his life.

This season, didn't we see that Stan has a cynical side to himself? So yes, I do believe that Cartman has a nice side. It just has to be unearthed.

"Love is all you need..."
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Last edited by Mrs.KennyMcCormick on Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 1:29 pm Offline
Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:32 pm28
Big-Will wrote:

HA! Keep dreaming, missy! The closest Cartman got to that was during the debates over the town flag. Wendy shot him down and Cartman didn't have any comebacks.

First, I don't like the name "Missy." It makes me sound like I'm in trouble or something. Secondly, a girl can dream. I would love it when Cartman and Wendy ever get back together again (though I doubt it) and meanwhile I, being my super fangirlish self, can wish that Cartman can find true love. Ahhh.... someday. :wink:

(srry for posting twice. I'm such a noob at these forum thingys)
Mrs. Kenny McCormick
Re: *1510: Bass to Mouth* Post-Air Discussion PostFri Oct 21, 2011 2:22 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
maxbjr wrote:
He has a soft spot for cats.

Right, except when he's screaming at them or talking about smacking them on the head to assert himself.

scRaTcH#667 wrote:
Did everyone forget about the episode where Cartman and Wendy have a crush on each other, so then she kissed him at the conference or what it was and she's like "Good, now it's out of the way"... ??? Because Cartman was seriously bummed out by this

I did not forget. He spent the whole episode trying to be annoying and get under her skin. Then he was bummed, but was never nice to her, continuing to try getting under her skin until she beat the crap out of him a few seasons ago. His expression towards his friends is similar. I think he genuinely likes having Kyle around (proven by the rescue in Smug Alert) but his expression towards him is all about insults and humiliation. I think he genuinely cares about his mom, but he is never nice to her unless it's for manipulation. That's Cartman.

This season, didn't we see that Stan has a cynical side to himself? So yes, I do believe that Cartman has a nice side. It just has to be unearthed.

"Love is all you need..."

There have been multiple indications of Stan having a cynical and depressed side before this season. He went all goth when Wendy broke up with him, which is an indicator of some emotional fragility. He got angry with Kenny for dying because it caused such a shitstorm of emotions in him. He was very cynical about certain things, such as John Edwards talking to the dead and voting when the choice was between a douche and a turd sandwich. Stan has always been the most prone to being cynical and having emotional fragility that could make him prone to depression; his problems were not out of the blue.
Love doesn't solve anything. The Beatles were naive. There are plenty of people who have fallen into the trap of thinking that all someone needs is strong love in their life and they will become stable and sweet. Those people end up getting abused, usually on multiple levels, and it's always heartbreaking to watch.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Sort by  
Page 10 of 14 200 posts Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next